[0.10.4b] Zeus - The Lightning Strike Tank

"
deentemp wrote:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwEswUtDH0OrRB_EuEUTRR1Fm8Y2xkuGYUaOBv6HRQhYCSqJd8n7SkuKaUt0jIJMn4yiTWGNuk6szrYOuE8LT38QKBDnEd-Sn1N41BQVcZW-lfiWGNZ818_YEthIWOnZU1mnmebZ6BnvW5pbqpyqXRBdO108XfleA16uHrvfLh82YTZh3aI8YzPj0aQVZuhnaqeuaIAouqkGaTCplenCKeEqW6sWayqrpO0-bXytz64k7nNud2-ir6nwBrB2MT2xp7GrsbYz2XQ0NSP3Q3dRuLq42rnY-w47m_vTvAf8i_yRfPd9kj60vxO_MX-Cv6P

Here i fixed it for you , this can be improved ofc i feel like iron grip sux badly , im running a similar build of this with resolute tech and blood magic passive , this leaves me sockets on my 6 link sword to go with : LS -pierce - FA- WED- add fire dmg or and add light dmg and Life leech .

My end build I have almost 400 str. That is a huge boost with Iron Grip, since you are firing projectiles and str does zero for that. I do not get the blood magic passive so that I can run Determination, Purity and Haste/Vitality for being more tanky and more dps. It is pretty vital to use the tanky auras if you are as close to the action as a LS character will be.

"
deentemp wrote:

BTW you do know : increase melee physical dmg does not affect your RANGED LS? that means the + undermed +2 and physical dmg in the duelist area is pure shit? I consider getting HP / str nodes/ Life regen (at 6k hp u are at 300 regen/sec . and with 2 % life lech on gloves and 2 % life lech from talent wich is near where i told you you can drop the 6% life leech gem and get even higher dps with :
The only reason I pick that up is because the next 2 clicks after that is a total of 20% IML, which is 3 points for 20% life is a little below avg but still decent, considering that i cannot get anymore life, any closer, from anywhere else that I have not already gotten. Plus, the added str gives more life/dps as well (if you are using Iron Grip!)

"
deentemp wrote:

Whoever is gonna tell me about bm- cant get auras thats not true , i play lvl 70-75 maps in group mostly cause of better drops and xp and its more fun .If you play solo u can do good with high dps.

my ing for more explinations : betterthenelecleave

Some of the best auras in the game are % based ones. Sure, we do need Anger and Wrath, but Hatred, Haste, Purity, Determination, and Vitality are all % based, and your BM keystone build will never see those - which makes you a mediocre tank, at best.

Running BM gems or using mana for your attacks is the only real way to be a viable tanky type person in this game.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Hello? did i say anything about a tank? im a 2 hand sword LS . I proposed a better solution in my point of view. If youre not at the same page with me there is no porblem.

And BTw for the foul who told me about getting that "huge 30 life +20 str " = 40 life total over 28% more armor and 2% ms , is that a joke ? and you know its actually 30 life 10 str cause i put a 10+ str node just after the armor mastery point. And doing what i did u dont have to go into duelist area and waste points there by getting leather and steel.

For those who give me advices , about getting getting unveawering stance , are you on HC bro? cause im on heroic and im pretty sure using leap slam i dont even get hitted by roach /and stuff youre thinking about.

I played on my 6k hp elemcleave with 26k dps with no unveawering stance and i played it with only 3 endurance charges here and then , the dmg is so huge u dont even need casting endurance charges, and like i told you i can easy solo maps with wrath anger grace and i play mostly in A GROUP OF 6 FOR BETTER XP , meaning we have all the auras in the game .

So let get to a conclusion , are you really saying that :

30 life + 10 strenght is better than 28% armor and 2 % mov speed? on what planet? I played with iron grip- LS- Point blank with 376 strenght , i respecced the wasted points in that areea and didnt feel any difference at all , google it and see what others ppls say. As for the Hp nodes you have plenty of options everywhere , spending so many points to get some 12% hp nodes doesnt give you any benefict , cause with so many points u can get better hp nodes and faster , not wasting that many points. My ing is under my post if you want to talk just give me a /w and ill be glad to talk.
ing: RRiipp (playing on onslaught)
Last edited by deentemp on Mar 30, 2013, 4:55:51 AM
Since you can't comprehend what you've read, I'm not going to elaborate further.

And especially not after calling me a "fool".
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
I really hope english isn't your your first language, because you apparently need to 'use google' to teach you how to spell.

And yes, this is a TANK build. Read the title. And there is nothing wrong with tanking with a 2hander. One of the best tanks in the game ATM (if not the) uses a 2 handed staff.

Also, to defend Venator (and pretty much myself, because i would NEVER make a marauder without HotG) Basically, how health works in this game is that there are two types.

1) Maximum Health - These are just flat HPs, added onto your toon - like the Oak reward.

and

2) Increased Maximum PERCENT life. Meaning, it takes what your life pool is, and then increases it by a %. Turning that measly little 30 HP node, Heart of the Gladiator, into a total of 138 hps @ levevel 90 (360% of 30 = 108, + 30 = 138)

Starting to understand?

English is my 3rd language i dont have to learn it to perfection and i understand everything i read , and i can make my point. And now the simple question so u dont get lost into my spelling mistakes :

is 138 life worth cutting down 28% armor and 2% mov speed?

Or if youre too lazy , is 138 life worth cutting down 28% armor out of your over 10 .000 armor at lvl 90? thats 2800 armor , is it? what you take? 2800 armor or 138 life?

138 life < 2800 armor ? YES? yes. And btw i see you understand my broken english.
ing: RRiipp (playing on onslaught)
Last edited by deentemp on Mar 30, 2013, 10:25:39 AM
"
deentemp wrote:
English is my 3rd language i dont have to learn it to perfection and i understand everything i read , and i can make my point. And now the simple question so u dont get lost into my spelling mistakes :

is 138 life worth cutting down 28% armor and 2% mov speed?

Or if youre too lazy , is 138 life worth cutting down 28% armor out of your over 10 .000 armor at lvl 90? thats 2800 armor , is it? what you take? 2800 armor or 138 life?

138 life < 2800 armor ? YES? yes. And btw i see you understand my broken english.

Why not take both? I would, and I think I do in my build - I just don't take the mana regen and movement speed nodes that you grabbed.
Bump - working on this build again, currently level 65 doing 1400 tooltip damage, 4200 hp, 7k armor, still working on resists though.
Can you explain how much armor and hp one should aim for endgame?

Health : 3000, 4000?
unbuffed Armor rating : 3500, 5000, 7000, 12000?

before potting.

95% armor increase passive, determination, grace, iron reflex and enduring cry?

Thanks.
Last edited by Shogen on Apr 10, 2013, 7:14:16 AM
"
Shogen wrote:
Can you explain how much armor and hp one should aim for endgame?

Health : 3000, 4000?
unbuffed Armor rating : 3500, 5000, 7000, 12000?

before potting.

95% armor increase passive, determination, grace, iron reflex and enduring cry?

Thanks.

10k+ armor

5000-7000 life without Kaom's is ideal. More the better. Aim for getting 260% increased maximum life or more if you are not using kaoms.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info