[0.10.4b] Zeus - The Lightning Strike Tank

Pierce chance is far, far better for an LS build than Chain.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
VenatorPoE wrote:

More I think about it and more I am using LS now, I see your point. Having 100% pierce chance will be more more valuable then chain, especially with a pretty high attack speed. Thanks for the advice.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
OP updated with leveling trees, better gear help, and gem adjustments - take a peak!
Anyone noticed a problem with LS ? I know that terrain can screw with it, but i've had times where im standing right infront of someone and nothings been in my way, yet done zero damage. Is this a known bug? or just a twig in my way of my LS? Lol
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:

More I think about it and more I am using LS now, I see your point. Having 100% pierce chance will be more more valuable then chain, especially with a pretty high attack speed. Thanks for the advice.

Just use quality LS instead of wasting a gem slot...
"
Edzilla wrote:
Anyone noticed a problem with LS ? I know that terrain can screw with it, but i've had times where im standing right infront of someone and nothings been in my way, yet done zero damage. Is this a known bug? or just a twig in my way of my LS? Lol

I have seen the same problem with EK when mobs are really close ... it seems to cause them being just outside the attack-cone.
"
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:

Just use quality LS instead of wasting a gem slot...

You really need 100% pierce chance, honestly. I thought maybe chain would work without it, but it's like night and day.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwEswUtDH0OrRB_EuEUTRR1Fm8Y2xkuGYUaOBv6HRQhYCSqJd8n7SkuKaUt0jIJMn4yiTWGNuk6szrYOuE8LT38QKBDnEd-Sn1N41BQVcZW-lfiWGNZ818_YEthIWOnZU1mnmebZ6BnvW5pbqpyqXRBdO108XfleA16uHrvfLh82YTZh3aI8YzPj0aQVZuhnaqeuaIAouqkGaTCplenCKeEqW6sWayqrpO0-bXytz64k7nNud2-ir6nwBrB2MT2xp7GrsbYz2XQ0NSP3Q3dRuLq42rnY-w47m_vTvAf8i_yRfPd9kj60vxO_MX-Cv6P

Here i fixed it for you , this can be improved ofc i feel like iron grip sux badly , im running a similar build of this with resolute tech and blood magic passive , this leaves me sockets on my 6 link sword to go with : LS -pierce - FA- WED- add fire dmg or and add light dmg and Life leech .

BM alows me to not care about mana / no regen maps and BM gives me more HP and BM gives me more flexibility to get better nodes (dual 12% nodes / 30% fire dmg / resolute technique / and a better route from marauder to duelist area).

BTW you do know : increase melee physical dmg does not affect your RANGED LS? that means the + undermed +2 and physical dmg in the duelist area is pure shit? I consider getting HP / str nodes/ Life regen (at 6k hp u are at 300 regen/sec . and with 2 % life lech on gloves and 2 % life lech from talent wich is near where i told you you can drop the 6% life leech gem and get even higher dps with :

LS (Q) - pierce ( Q) - WED- Add fire dmg - Add light dmg - faster attack or instead of add fire dmg u can go with light penetration.

Having a 6l sword alows you to get godly trires +100 life - 2000 armor chest with 0 sockets , or get a kaoms.

I consider BM spec best in the game ATM , cause it allows you to get better gear at lower price and its more flexible.

Whoever is gonna tell me about bm- cant get auras thats not true , i play lvl 70-75 maps in group mostly cause of better drops and xp and its more fun .If you play solo u can do good with high dps.

my ing for more explinations : betterthenelecleave
ing: RRiipp (playing on onslaught)
Last edited by deentemp on Mar 29, 2013, 6:45:36 PM
That is not really a fix to his build.

In your "fixed" build, the initial mistake is using 120 points (don't crucify me for saying that - but it's a fact). Cut out about 15 of them straight off before calling it a fix. Why did you skip "Heart of the Gladiator"? That node is worth more than the first Oak reward!

You both have this strange idea of passing through the Duelist section. The Duelist section is just bad mojo for a tank LS Mara. Taking the "highway" on the right from IG to go down towards Iron Grip costs only 4 points. If going down this path, you might also consider respeccing out of 1x 10 STR and 3x iHP nodes below IG, then taking the remaining 8% iHP nodes on the north part (there are two), and investing the remaining two points into another Endurance Charge in the Templar section.

Getting Endurance Charges is a much better investment than the Increased Armour nodes.

And the last quick suggestion - invest into Unwavering Stance.

Hmmm... I did indeed propose a ton of changes here. I hope my thoughts will help in the development of your builds!
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
That is not really a fix to his build.

In your "fixed" build, the initial mistake is using 120 points (don't crucify me for saying that - but it's a fact). Cut out about 15 of them straight off before calling it a fix. Why did you skip "Heart of the Gladiator"? That node is worth more than the first Oak reward!

You both have this strange idea of passing through the Duelist section. The Duelist section is just bad mojo for a tank LS Mara. Taking the "highway" on the right from IG to go down towards Iron Grip costs only 4 points. If going down this path, you might also consider respeccing out of 1x 10 STR and 3x iHP nodes below IG, then taking the remaining 8% iHP nodes on the north part (there are two), and investing the remaining two points into another Endurance Charge in the Templar section.

Getting Endurance Charges is a much better investment than the Increased Armour nodes.

And the last quick suggestion - invest into Unwavering Stance.

Hmmm... I did indeed propose a ton of changes here. I hope my thoughts will help in the development of your builds!

The only reason I took the middle, past the duelist section, is because you get nearly 50% more increased max life by doing so - and only thing you miss by not going down the left side is 24% life and blood magic, which I do not use.

If this is the path you're talking about?

I figured with all my life that I will be getting, unwavering stance would be useless, since my health pool will be so high. But, I have thus stopped leveling this build up until they fix Lightning Strike (being terrible on hitting anything, behind a twig or boulder) or until I die :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info