Stress-Free PoE! BONE ZOMBIES: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.12

"
jolrael56 wrote:
Spoiler
Hello, i follow your guide quite, except maybe flesh offering gem for more damage, do you know if there is a gem which make zombies more aggressive?, attack guys in contract or far from me i'd like to clear the screen... necro 81 now. and i don't like seeing banner on my head is there a similar gem without that?

Btw thx for your guide i like having no stress build that i can play and do other things in between.
Hey jolrael56!

I'm glad you're enjoying the Stress-Free aspect to the guide! I'm glad you're having fun :).

I see ineffablebob already gave you a great answer. Here's my thoughts though they are basically the same thing:

In terms of your gems, remember that the biggest defensive portion to the build revolves around Bone Offering and Glancing Blows. To remove that will make you very susceptible to damage. You can make your Zombies even more aggressive if you link them with Feeding Frenzy. But you'd lose overall damage output as the current gem setup gives more damage as such. Predator Support lets you choose who your zombies will go after and you can stay REALLY far away from them as they attack...though Predator support isn't hands-free. I don't like how banners look either, but no; there isn't a replacement for the banner as the banner has such a small mana reservation. You can take it out, but there isn't anything offensive for 10% mana reservation that can replace it besides other banners.

I hope that helps a bit.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Oct 23, 2020, 2:42:34 PM
"
Llyrain wrote:
Spoiler
For the "impossible" phys reflect maps - collect them and try doing them with https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sibyl%27s_Lament

This ring has now also damage reduction for minions, and it's not that rare so it should drop at some time.

They still get 20% of the damage, but with all the power ups and regeneration / leech and going a bit slower it could work (I'm not playing a zombie build this league).
Good call Llyrain!

Thanks for the heads up!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hi W_o_D. Another great build. Sadly I stepped away from PoE halfway thru Harvest due to frustrations with performance of GGG servers/software. I have recently returned and have chosen this build as my Heist character. My Necro is 50 something now and so far so good.

I do have a question I just cannot seem to figure out. I've read and reread your build setup. Pertaining to War Banner, what exactly is the point? Or rather, how does it function in this build?

You state that only the CWDT needs to be linked prior to Desecrate and then Bone Offering after those two. You say War Banner does not need to be linked, but it's okay if it is. If it is not linked, isnt that gem slot being wasted - unless of course you add another button to the game play and manually trigger it?

My current leveling gloves have RRGB as 4L socket order. Does it matter if CWDT is first followed by WB then Desecrate then BO? Or should CWDT be second after the WB? Does it matter? In an ideal world. Is it "best" if the order was RGBR with CWDT being first?

Thanks

Edit: and if WB is linked to CWDT, shouldn't WB be level capped at 11 so that CWDT can proc it?
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Oct 23, 2020, 6:01:32 PM
Hi Wrecker,

I played the Slo-Mo Zombie in Heist until topped out at T12 maps, couldn't get past that reliably, even with max resists & high armor. Rebuilt with Orbs of Regret for Bone Zombies according to your PoB, then mod'ed with advice from comments provided by ineffablebob and others, such as replacing helmet CwDT with AG (Leer Cast is amazing for this) and anointing Golem Commander for a second Stone (added Life Regen buff). I replaced Blood Magic with Summon Phantasm, and the minions are running rampant...everything seems to melt.

I'd like to ask about other spectres, and if anyone has additional suggestions for phys dmg spectres, I'd love to hear about them. There's so many choices and so much we can do with those. I'm currently running with two Kitava heralds and one Redemption Knight (just for the added elemental dmg), and wondering what other players might be finding or using too.

Currently headed towards A4 & Sirus with no troubles, can't thank everyone enough for all of the excellent advice. I'm really enjoying the conversation and the advice. Looking forward to reading more...your information has been really amazing.

Cheers!
"
CaptainSam wrote:
Hi Wrecker,

I played the Slo-Mo Zombie in Heist until topped out at T12 maps, couldn't get past that reliably, even with max resists & high armor. Rebuilt with Orbs of Regret for Bone Zombies according to your PoB, then mod'ed with advice from comments provided by ineffablebob and others, such as replacing helmet CwDT with AG (Leer Cast is amazing for this) and anointing Golem Commander for a second Stone (added Life Regen buff). I replaced Blood Magic with Summon Phantasm, and the minions are running rampant...everything seems to melt.

I'd like to ask about other spectres, and if anyone has additional suggestions for phys dmg spectres, I'd love to hear about them. There's so many choices and so much we can do with those. I'm currently running with two Kitava heralds and one Redemption Knight (just for the added elemental dmg), and wondering what other players might be finding or using too.

Currently headed towards A4 & Sirus with no troubles, can't thank everyone enough for all of the excellent advice. I'm really enjoying the conversation and the advice. Looking forward to reading more...your information has been really amazing.

Cheers!

Ohh I like the idea of anointing Golem Commander. I've been wondering what to anoint and this seems like a good plan. Not sure that I want a second Stone Golem though, I'll have to check what my options are.

I also went AG and it turns out I had Victario's Flight and...death's breath? The blue unique staff? Already, so I bought Leer Cast as well and now my AG is boosting my damage, increasing damage taken by enemies, boosting speed...it's great! I also had Ambu's Charge which gives life regen if it gets hit so it's a bit more survivable.

I'm very tempted by the idea of replacing Blood Magic with Summon Phantasm (because I like phantasms, they're cool), can you tell me your reasoning for that?
"
Jaggedrain wrote:
"
CaptainSam wrote:
Hi Wrecker,

Cheers!

Ohh I like the idea of anointing Golem Commander. I've been wondering what to anoint and this seems like a good plan. Not sure that I want a second Stone Golem though, I'll have to check what my options are.

I also went AG and it turns out I had Victario's Flight and...death's breath? The blue unique staff? Already, so I bought Leer Cast as well and now my AG is boosting my damage, increasing damage taken by enemies, boosting speed...it's great! I also had Ambu's Charge which gives life regen if it gets hit so it's a bit more survivable.

I'm very tempted by the idea of replacing Blood Magic with Summon Phantasm (because I like phantasms, they're cool), can you tell me your reasoning for that?

Love your idea for AG...I'm seriously thinking about using Dying Breath staff for the damage & curse/aura boosts, just haven't committed to that yet.

I was tempted to use Chaos golem as the second, since I had already pushed to 20/20 on the gem, but decided to go with the added Life Regen buff...just personal preference, really. I'd love to hear what you decide.

I chose Summon Phantasm for two reasons...first, because of the added phys dmg to a phys dmg build, and second, because I already had the gem at 20/20, so seemed like a good use. Honestly, I think it works really well right now, but couldn't begin to say whether leveling it instead would be difficult or not.

Hope you have as much fun as I'm having with this, it's really addictive to play :-)

Cheers!
"
CaptainSam wrote:
"
Jaggedrain wrote:
"
CaptainSam wrote:
Hi Wrecker,

Cheers!

Love your idea for AG...I'm seriously thinking about using Dying Breath staff for the damage & curse/aura boosts, just haven't committed to that yet.

I was tempted to use Chaos golem as the second, since I had already pushed to 20/20 on the gem, but decided to go with the added Life Regen buff...just personal preference, really. I'd love to hear what you decide.

I chose Summon Phantasm for two reasons...first, because of the added phys dmg to a phys dmg build, and second, because I already had the gem at 20/20, so seemed like a good use. Honestly, I think it works really well right now, but couldn't begin to say whether leveling it instead would be difficult or not.

Hope you have as much fun as I'm having with this, it's really addictive to play :-)

Cheers!

I decided on a Carrion Golem for even more phys damage but it's still just a wee baby so I'll have to wait a while before I'll know if it's worth it.

EDIT: Totally worth it, even if it is a bit squish and needs recasting occasionally.

Also I decided not to go with the Phantasms because I don't have the energy to try for another blue socket on my Queen's Escape.
Last edited by Jaggedrain on Oct 24, 2020, 12:58:52 PM
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Hi W_o_D. Another great build. Sadly I stepped away from PoE halfway thru Harvest due to frustrations with performance of GGG servers/software. I have recently returned and have chosen this build as my Heist character. My Necro is 50 something now and so far so good.

I do have a question I just cannot seem to figure out. I've read and reread your build setup. Pertaining to War Banner, what exactly is the point? Or rather, how does it function in this build?

You state that only the CWDT needs to be linked prior to Desecrate and then Bone Offering after those two. You say War Banner does not need to be linked, but it's okay if it is. If it is not linked, isnt that gem slot being wasted - unless of course you add another button to the game play and manually trigger it?

My current leveling gloves have RRGB as 4L socket order. Does it matter if CWDT is first followed by WB then Desecrate then BO? Or should CWDT be second after the WB? Does it matter? In an ideal world. Is it "best" if the order was RGBR with CWDT being first?

Thanks

Edit: and if WB is linked to CWDT, shouldn't WB be level capped at 11 so that CWDT can proc it?

While I am waiting a reply from anyone on the above, I have another question...

I recall last league using Host Chieftains to buff zombies and skeletons. This league the suggested is Silverback Apes (sorry I forget exact name). Are the Hosts no longer good? Are the Silverbacs better? Does it matter?

Also, I now am in command of 3 Spectres? Should they all be the same? Do I need 3 (or 4?) to fully buff my Zombies or is 1 or 2 enough? If the latter, what are good choices for buffing (or debuffing) for the other(s)?
Spoiler
"
Jaggedrain wrote:

I decided on a Carrion Golem for even more phys damage but it's still just a wee baby so I'll have to wait a while before I'll know if it's worth it.

EDIT: Totally worth it, even if it is a bit squish and needs recasting occasionally.

Also I decided not to go with the Phantasms because I don't have the energy to try for another blue socket on my Queen's Escape.

Ok, so after a little reading, I did the same thing and swapped out the Summon Phantasm for the Summon Chaos Golem. I think the overall DPS has improved actually. Also, I found a recommendation to use Enhanced Vaal Fallen (delve Vaal temple, city, etc) for phys dmg spectre, and I'm trying that out now. So far, I'm pretty pleased with the updates.

Using Predator for targeting is a huge perk, and I use it for bossing a lot. Meanwhile, the zombies, golems and spectres pretty much melt everything in the maps...many thanks to WoD for the PoB updates, huge help getting this build advanced this far.

Cheers!
Spoiler
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler

Thanks

"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
While I am waiting a reply from anyone on the above, I have another question...

I recall last league using Host Chieftains to buff zombies and skeletons. This league the suggested is Silverback Apes (sorry I forget exact name). Are the Hosts no longer good? Are the Silverbacs better? Does it matter?

Also, I now am in command of 3 Spectres? Should they all be the same? Do I need 3 (or 4?) to fully buff my Zombies or is 1 or 2 enough? If the latter, what are good choices for buffing (or debuffing) for the other(s)?
Hey dlvbrown1969!

Nice to see you! Welcome back!

Spoiler
Ya, some leagues have been really glitchy They've been hard to play but I'm glad the current build is treating you well!

Spoiler
The point of War Banner is simply it's passive state. People are welcome to lay the banner if they feel like it or remember to do so (gosh I wish CwDT triggered it). War Banner is just for the Aura state that really improves physical damage of our zombies by A LOT for 10% mana res. Because the Banner doesn't get triggered, it doesn't change anything if it's linked or not. So it's not something to care about. Does that clarify things?

Spoiler
The order for Desecrate and Bone Offering doesn't matter. It can be min/maxed with Desecrate being triggered first, but it's nothing that anyone will notice. I ignore the min/maxing of this link because it's so inconsequential. if you cared to min/max the link, CwDT would be on an end of the links.

Spoiler
Both Apes are the same for their purpose. I suggest the easiest Ape to find that gives frenzy charges. But both editions have TONS of base life and give frenzy charges. So just use whatever is worth the effort for you to summon. Silverbacks are really easy to find.

Spoiler
I like using two proximity shield minions and one frenzy charge as long as the frenzy charges are always capped. That being said, I normally just end up with three apes just so that I'm guaranteed the charges.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info