Stress-Free PoE! BONE ZOMBIES: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.12

"
ineffablebob wrote:
Spoiler
FeedTheSwarm, my Heist witch, is 91 now and is doing red maps. Been taking it pretty slow through the content since there's just so much to do, but I'm finally getting to end-game stuff. I thought I'd share the build in case it helps others with ideas of tweaks that can be made.

https://pastebin.com/nVij1GC9

The biggest change is that I dropped Glancing Blows and took Mystic Bulwark instead. This means less total block chance, but when you do block it stops all the damage (instead of only a third). Another addition is Annointed Flesh for the +1% max elemental resist, which I find makes a big difference in survival. And I took Golem Commander, mostly just to have another minion, but the added golem buff is nice too.

On the gem front, I'll quote what I posted earlier:
"
ineffablebob wrote:
First, I dropped the CwdT gem linked to the golem and used that gem slot for Animate Guardian. It means you have to cast the golem yourself, but far as I can tell it almost never dies anyway so that's a rare occurrence. The Guardian gives you another minion who can wear Leer Cast and Victario's Flight for buffs to the zombies.

Second, I'm using a pair of unset rings so I've got two additional slots for Flame Dash and Convocation. This is largely just convenience, to let me get over obstacles on broken terrain (Riverways broken bridges and similar) and then pull the horde with me. It comes in handy on the occasions when the horde gets stuck in a chokepoint, too.

And I'll echo what Wrecker said earlier about using a Quartz and Quicksilver flask for Heist runs. When your rogue gets a door open during the escape, hit those two and book it! I usually run while the Quicksilver lasts, then hit Convocation and let the minions do their thing while I get the rogue set up on the next barrier.
Awesome ineffablebob!

Those are some great changes you mentioned. I love that there's so much content to do all the time. It's hard to progress quickly for someone like me ;). Thanks for the post and the food for thought. I'm glad it's working well for you.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
I'm loving this build! Finally a build that doesn't give me carpal tunnel syndrome. Seriously, I had to stop playing because of that several times in past leagues.

I've made only small adjustments to match my personal style of play:
- Added Flame dash in socketed amulet
- Dropped CWDT and Culling strike from helm. I've never had a golem die even once.
- Added Animate Weapon and a second golem to helm.
(second golem used via Golem Commander anointment)

The animate weapon gives me a 3rd key to press but I'm ok with that. Those weapons are super aggressive and cross barriers unlike the zombies that tend to get stuck in certain circumstances. Also, mystery bonus mechanic, the zombies flock to where you animate a weapon, so it pushes them forward while I stay safe behind.

Everything else is exactly as in the build guide.
Cruised all the way to level 93 and T16 maps with little investment.

This build is OP in Delve and Uber Lab. No problem with guardians and all regular bosses.

But now, I've reached problem area: L83 grand heists. I really would like to be able to do those. I hear they're super profitable.
Anyone have a clue how I could be more beefy? I get one shot by some large packs when I have to dive thru them after lockdown.
7000 life, max res but little other defenses. Normally I just hide while my 30 minions do the work, but you cant do that after lockdown. The monsters keep coming, you eventually have to dive thru them. Can't figure it out.

Thanks for your amazing build. I feel that it was made just for me!

I can offer some simple changes which may help with survivability (which have worked wonders for me):
(1) Since you dropped CWDT and Culling from the helmet, consider running fortify+shield charge instead of flame dash. Fortify is a massive multiplier reduction. Bonus is that shield charge (FYI it is worth doing +20% quality on) lets you fly through packs really fast as you escape the grand heists.
(2) Try a Jinxed JuJu (
) which gives you a nice flat 10% reduction on all hits, some additional damage from Pride and some chaos resist.
(3) I don't personally like quartz flasks since this build has so much on-block regen which is incredibly powerful.. so I use a granite flask with +armour during flask effect. It is another basically 30-40% physical reduction (
). I'm in SSF but if I ever find a Rumi's Concoction I'll probably switch to that and get rid of glacing blows. I'm also running Sanctuary for the extra block chance.
(4) I also don't like having elusive (for the same reason as quartz) so I switched that to either vitality or tempest shield. Haven't decided which I prefer yet.

Cheers!
Hello Wrecker! Nice build.

But my zombies are out of control.
I couldn't even map tonight as the zombies just sat in the hideout.
Say they don't want to be part of a 6-link.

They are trashing my hideout.

Yesterday I raised 9 zombies but only three showed up. I can't map with three. Please help. I read your guide. It is no help.

Zombie on!
"
Pip_n_Tip wrote:
Spoiler
Hello Wrecker! Nice build.

But my zombies are out of control.
I couldn't even map tonight as the zombies just sat in the hideout.
Say they don't want to be part of a 6-link.

They are trashing my hideout.

Yesterday I raised 9 zombies but only three showed up. I can't map with three. Please help. I read your guide. It is no help.

Zombie on!
Hey Pip_n_Tip!

Nice to see you! I'm not sure what the issue is. I went to go look at your Necros and couldn't see any that were for this guide. I saw one Zombie one but it looked like the older guide with Hatred.

I haven't come across any Raising issues. Sorry. Maybe try again now that it's a new day and maybe things will work out? If the problem persists, that'd be more of a bug than guide thing. Make sure to let them know.

Zombie on :)

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Oct 21, 2020, 2:10:20 PM
I saw the bit about the zombies trashing his hideout, and assumed Pip's post was a joke. A pretty decent one, made me chuckle :)
I contacted David Brevik. He said to take away their Xbox and no soda after 9pm.
Zombies should fall in line.
It's a bug they hope to fix in next patch.

Just letting Wrecker know that I am watching at all times.
No minion build this league. Trying melee.

Zombie on!
Hello, i follow your guide quite, except maybe flesh offering gem for more damage, do you know if there is a gem which make zombies more aggressive?, attack guys in contract or far from me i'd like to clear the screen... necro 81 now. and i don't like seeing banner on my head is there a similar gem without that?

Btw thx for your guide i like having no stress build that i can play and do other things in between.
Last edited by jolrael56 on Oct 22, 2020, 5:10:33 AM
For the "impossible" phys reflect maps - collect them and try doing them with https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sibyl%27s_Lament

This ring has now also damage reduction for minions, and it's not that rare so it should drop at some time.

They still get 20% of the damage, but with all the power ups and regeneration / leech and going a bit slower it could work (I'm not playing a zombie build this league).
"
jolrael56 wrote:
Hello, i follow your guide quite, except maybe flesh offering gem for more damage, do you know if there is a gem which make zombies more aggressive?, attack guys in contract or far from me i'd like to clear the screen... necro 81 now. and i don't like seeing banner on my head is there a similar gem without that?

The zombies will go after whatever you mark with Predator, so you can get them moving to the edges of the screen that way. Or you could put Feeding Frenzy in your Zombie link to make them aggressive, but I think you'll lose a good chunk of damage that way since you have to replace another gem in that link.

"
Llyrain wrote:
For the "impossible" phys reflect maps - collect them and try doing them with https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sibyl%27s_Lament

That's a good idea, I may give it a try next time I see such a map. I've also had success in prior leagues by replacing a couple of gems for phys reflect maps - swap Minion Damage for Minion Life, and Brutality for Life Leech. Slows you down, obviously. Haven't tried it yet in this one, but I probably will at some point.
"
Pip_n_Tip wrote:
Spoiler
I contacted David Brevik. He said to take away their Xbox and no soda after 9pm.
Zombies should fall in line.
It's a bug they hope to fix in next patch.

Just letting Wrecker know that I am watching at all times.
No minion build this league. Trying melee.

Zombie on!
Ha ha! Allllwaaaaaayyyyyssss watchiiiiiiing ;).

Ya, minions got a little wonky this league with them sharing code with the rogues. It'll be fixed up for 3.13.

Zombie on.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info