[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

Swapped around lvl 50 to discharge. It was a bit slow but now that I have all the ignite nodes and endurance charges it's a blast. Sometimes endurance generation feels slow, but it's alright for leveling. Not my fastest toon but this is the most fun build I played in a long time. Single target DPS is a bit low at the moment but it will get better once you get higher level.

Got one issue: I had enduring cry linked to second wind; this gave me a second charge, but once I got the keystone Call to arms it stopped working. Anyone else have the same problem? I posted on bug report too.
"
Provin915 wrote:
Swapped around lvl 50 to discharge. It was a bit slow but now that I have all the ignite nodes and endurance charges it's a blast. Sometimes endurance generation feels slow, but it's alright for leveling. Not my fastest toon but this is the most fun build I played in a long time. Single target DPS is a bit low at the moment but it will get better once you get higher level.

Got one issue: I had enduring cry linked to second wind; this gave me a second charge, but once I got the keystone Call to arms it stopped working. Anyone else have the same problem? I posted on bug report too.
Instant spells don't gain a second charge, they just benefit from the reduced cooldown.

When you take that node warcries become instant skills.
"
Pathological wrote:
"
Provin915 wrote:

Instant spells don't gain a second charge, they just benefit from the reduced cooldown.

When you take that node warcries become instant skills.

Oh dang didn't know that thanks man
How to level this build? untill we get discharge?
ign: LevioState
"
Provin915 wrote:

We lose the 2nd charge but gain instant cast and still benefit from the cooldown reduction on Second Wind. I think it would feel too clunky with 2 spells to cast, both with animation.
Day 1 review - Level 67

I made it to white maps, first 3 labs and a ton of heist last night.

I switched to discharge at 38, with little ignite chance it felt a bit terrible to start. I leveled with cleave then earthshatter, but only because I found a BEEFY phys 2H axe. Once damage started to lag on it, I switched.

Now that the first 3 labs are done, holy crap! I've never mowed through the story so fast. Merc izzy took 2 ignites per phase at level 65. With 100% chance to ignite its smooth as butter now. Between the damage reduction of the end charges and the regen I'm pretty tanky (Until I did a late night, not paying attention ele reflect vaal side area. Insta-poofed.)

I started with self casting Enduring Cry on a button but ended up changing it to RMB. Since at this time packs die with any amount of charges it feels better to just discharge when needed and not have to check if I have charges ready. I have the cooldown to just over 4 seconds so I always have 2+ charges when I discharge.

The 2 little nodes with charges when hit put in work! During some Blood Aqueducts farming I just stopped at one point in a pack of mobs, the Charge time was refreshing rather quickly, once we can proc those hits with Eye of Innocence we should have zero charge generation issues.

Day 1 gears - All SSF except the Hrimnor's helm. Mostly garbage. Decent day 1 gloves and Ashcaller ends up being a nice DPS boost.

Last edited by bodhe on Sep 19, 2020, 10:21:08 AM
Seems like some people here are interested to see how the build functions so I recorded this random map clear quickly on my lvl 81 jugg: https://youtu.be/5RHeBnwxMQI

So far I'm really happy with this build, other than my weapon all my gear pieces are complete crap and I have no problems clearing yellow maps. I think I leveled up with discharge all the way from level 30 or 31.
Last edited by Smerte on Sep 19, 2020, 10:51:43 AM
Added a video section and uploaded a day 1 vid with my crappy gear and added Smerte's vid as well!

Day 1 - Level 69
Updated PoB links for new gem info. My math was off, I'm so sorry guys, our DPS doubled. :)

Mid gear and lvl 90 can now hit 1.6M dps ignites for a total burn of 11.3M damage.

GG gear can break 20m with 4m dps ignites.
pob seem ded, im using pob fork
edit: would you consider Endless Misery
Cobalt Jewel aswell ?
Last edited by Q_Legacies on Sep 19, 2020, 3:45:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info