[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

I started Heist with that build but after spending a month on it, I feel too squishy. I'm bored to farm red maps and got oneshot by some bosses and some weird monsters.

I wanted to min-max this build to oneshot a lot of bosses soo I tried to farm currencies as much as I can. The huge improvement I need are really not cheap and I still have to do 5-6 hits on most of Tier14+ map bosses... I took this build precisely to be able to oneshot and I don't know if we are able to reach that without Harvest craft.

So I'll probably reroll and sell this staff, but I don't know how much it really costs...

Spoiler

Edit: I think there is a problem with my stuff... I mean I'm importing my character on your PoB Crit Mid-budget and I only have 17M damages... I don't understand...

Here is your PoB but with my character setup (to keep the same Configuration settings): https://pastebin.com/SgXmSXiq
Last edited by Sagrime on Oct 21, 2020, 8:26:07 PM
"
Sagrime wrote:
I started Heist with that build but after spending a month on it, I feel too squishy. I'm bored to farm red maps and got oneshot by some bosses and some weird monsters.

I wanted to min-max this build to oneshot a lot of bosses soo I tried to farm currencies as much as I can. The huge improvement I need are really not cheap and I still have to do 5-6 hits on most of Tier14+ map bosses... I took this build precisely to be able to oneshot and I don't know if we are able to reach that without Harvest craft.

So I'll probably reroll and sell this staff, but I don't know how much it really costs...

Spoiler

Edit: I think there is a problem with my stuff... I mean I'm importing my character on your PoB Crit Mid-budget and I only have 17M damages... I don't understand...

Here is your PoB but with my character setup (to keep the same Configuration settings): https://pastebin.com/SgXmSXiq

I think your staff is fine. I checked your POB, I found several places you can improve:

1. you can run double curse (either anoint or craft +1 curse chest), and have flammability on.

2. you should use cinderswallow, because we ignite when we crit, and cinderswallow can cause ignited enemies take extra damages.

3. There are some pretty good alternate gems you should use, check out my mid-budget POB

Also, one comment on one-shotting bosses: you should make sure all warcries, charges, totem are up when you deal the attack. I think t14-15 bosses can be one-shotted even with budget gear, but it definitely takes some practice for sure.

At last, I'm working towards the end-game gear and experimenting different options. I think in this league we can still reach more than 150M damage without mirror-tier gear.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
Hi!
I rerolled using this guide and leveling has been a blast so far. I stumbled upon a problem, though. Until second lab (I took Valako first, and Ngamahu second), I'd been using life/mana leech on pyhs attack to keep myself going, but after picking up the Ngamahu Ascendancy, I don't deal any pyhs damage anymore and am unable to sustain my mana. I switched to using a Thief's Torment for now to gain mana on hit, but I regularly found myself unable to slam for 1-2 Seconds after using 3 cries.
How does this play out later? I'm only on 56 so far, so a long way to go, but I can't see anything about the mana issues in the build (except for the tip in the leveling section about using Praxis or anointing mana leech on attack, but in endgame we want a different anoint and there is no mod for this kind of mana leech)

I assume that a bit more mana regen would do the trick, probably? I just wonder how it is supposed to play out :)

Thanks for the guide, the build feels really HULK SMASH-y, exactly what I was looking for :)
Last edited by Datrogh on Oct 22, 2020, 3:48:57 AM
"
Datrogh wrote:
Hi!
I rerolled using this guide and leveling has been a blast so far. I stumbled upon a problem, though. Until second lab (I took Valako first, and Ngamahu second), I'd been using life/mana leech on pyhs attack to keep myself going, but after picking up the Ngamahu Ascendancy, I don't deal any pyhs damage anymore and am unable to sustain my mana. I switched to using a Thief's Torment for now to gain mana on hit, but I regularly found myself unable to slam for 1-2 Seconds after using 3 cries.
How does this play out later? I'm only on 56 so far, so a long way to go, but I can't see anything about the mana issues in the build (except for the tip in the leveling section about using Praxis or anointing mana leech on attack, but in endgame we want a different anoint and there is no mod for this kind of mana leech)

I assume that a bit more mana regen would do the trick, probably? I just wonder how it is supposed to play out :)

Thanks for the guide, the build feels really HULK SMASH-y, exactly what I was looking for :)

For Mana sustain,

During leveling using mana flask should be fine. Also, no need to run precision and anger until end-game.

in early mapping you can anoint the Thrill seeker that can solve mana problem

in high-tier mapping, Usually you will have around ~200 available mana, there's no need for mana anointment. The cinderswallow's recover #% of mana when killing enemny is good enough.

For end-game, when we run enlighten4 + anger + precision, it requires the -9 mana cost craft on both rings. Then the only skill that costs mana is our slam (costs 24). Our mana regen is around 15/s, since we slam once per 2 seconds, we have more than enough mana sustain in end-game. On top of that, we still have the cinderswallow mana leech : )

[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
This looks interesting, never really did try tectonic slam, so sorry though but do you want to use staff when leveling as well, to take advantage of the passive points, and if so, are there any good staffs uniques that is, to level with?
Or should I just, chuck some essences on rare staffs?
"
Chridian wrote:
This looks interesting, never really did try tectonic slam, so sorry though but do you want to use staff when leveling as well, to take advantage of the passive points, and if so, are there any good staffs uniques that is, to level with?

Hi, no need to use staff for leveling.

you can start using disintegrator staff after lvl64 then allocate the staff-related nodes.

"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
Datrogh wrote:
Hi!

For Mana sustain,

During leveling using mana flask should be fine. Also, no need to run precision and anger until end-game.

in early mapping you can anoint the Thrill seeker that can solve mana problem

in high-tier mapping, Usually you will have around ~200 available mana, there's no need for mana anointment. The cinderswallow's recover #% of mana when killing enemny is good enough.

For end-game, when we run enlighten4 + anger + precision, it requires the -9 mana cost craft on both rings. Then the only skill that costs mana is our slam (costs 24). Our mana regen is around 15/s, since we slam once per 2 seconds, we have more than enough mana sustain in end-game. On top of that, we still have the cinderswallow mana leech : )

Thank you very much, I'll test Thrill Seeker tonight. I think I missed the step between "doesn't to physical damage" and "I want a second curse!" :)
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
Chridian wrote:

Hi, no need to use staff for leveling.

you can start using disintegrator staff after lvl64 then allocate the staff-related nodes.

just started out using 2H axes and whatever else I have in my stash tab, its really fun.
Im never really sure where to path, but I went down to grab warcry node and now I think I might go up to ele dmg because its free res and some int which I badly need xD
anyways, really fun so far thanks for the build and apologies for many dumb questions to come
"
Chridian wrote:
just started out using 2H axes and whatever else I have in my stash tab, its really fun.
Im never really sure where to path, but I went down to grab warcry node and now I think I might go up to ele dmg because its free res and some int which I badly need xD
anyways, really fun so far thanks for the build and apologies for many dumb questions to come

glad you are having fun with the build! Feel free to ask more questions!
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Oct 23, 2020, 11:36:19 AM
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
Chridian wrote:

glad you are having fun with the build! Feel free to ask more questions!

Well while I have you here, am I doing alright pathing to the warcry node and then up due to int etc?
And also, should I get resolute technique before I transition into a rare staff? only thing that makes sense right?
Oh and I also dont quite understand why we dont use fortify as 6th link in the budget version but we do in the crit one, what am I missing?
Last edited by Chridian on Oct 23, 2020, 2:12:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info