[3.13] CoC Bladefall | Screen-wide 40m+ DPS | 10k+ ES | High defense | Any content | Very expensive

"
xserper wrote:
How is purifying flame going compared to blade fall?

Can't fully judge it yet because I didn't get all the parts I need to squish maximum potential out of it.

But if you still want my opinion - so far it's weaker than Bladefall, but feels fine on mapping/bossing/heisting. I did a few full Simulacrums on it with 5~6 rewards on average & some delirium maps with no deaths, so it is tanky at the very least, just steamroll through everything & facetank bosses, including delirium ones.

I still prefer my custom crit VD over Bladefall/Purifying Flame for mapping though just because it has better AoE coverage & clearspeed, but Purifying Flame has some good clear potential with enough AoE investment due to the secondary shockwave it has.

Also I've tested all other fire spell skills (with CoC & proper awakened support gems) while looking for the best one:

- Purifying Flame - Best AoE, decent single-target damage
- Magma Orb - Best single-target, decent AoE
- Firestorm - Weak, but very fancy with MTX
- Blazing Salvo - Decent single-target, poor AoE
- Flame Surge - Decent single-target, looking fancy, but poor AoE
- Fireball - Decent single-target, poor AoE
- Bodyswap - Memes, but otherwise bad on this particular build

As a result of these tests - Purifying Flame is my personal pick for now with Magma Orb being really close to it. I'm considering testing Magma Orb with something like Slower Proj + Awakened Fork for clearing and bossing (yes, fork bug was fixed, but it's mostly about clearspeed for me).
Thanks for the feedback, I'm slowly starting to craft most of the gear just wanted your thoughts before I moved on to jewels since the rest of the gear seems to work with any spell.
"
xserper wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, I'm slowly starting to craft most of the gear just wanted your thoughts before I moved on to jewels since the rest of the gear seems to work with any spell.

That's one more thing that is good with this build - you can adapt it for CoC with any spell with comparably small extra investment.

It would need different watcher eye, cluster jewels, a gem or two and some small passive tree adjustments depending on the element. Physical Bladefall works really well, fire seem to be working out for me as well - although less damage due to no "shotgunning" possible. Not sure about cold & lightning though, but they should be possible to use in a similar way as fire.

I just hit 96 and am having an absolute blast with this build. My question besides the obvious of no bottled faith and weapon speed. Where am I really missing out on damage? Comparatively to the source POB, I'm off by a factor of nearly 10. Any advice would be appreciated.
"
Airhwhip wrote:
I just hit 96 and am having an absolute blast with this build. My question besides the obvious of no bottled faith and weapon speed. Where am I really missing out on damage? Comparatively to the source POB, I'm off by a factor of nearly 10. Any advice would be appreciated.

I peeked at your gear - you've got quite a few things you can upgrade.

The biggest one is CDR (cooldown reduction) mod on belt (20% max), boots (15% max) and Awakened Cast on Critical Strike (22%) - that would give you a maximum total of 57% CDR which basically allows you to proc roughly 57% more Bladefalls per second.

Obviously you will need to match your attack speed with the cooldown of the Bladefall for it to be useful - to put it simple you need to have .01s more attack time compared to the Bladefall cooldown to make it perfectly fit (in buffed state, with all flasks up etc). So if your Bladefall cooldown is 0.12s for instance - your Cyclone attack time needs to be 0.13s, if Cyclone attack time is 0.12 or lower - you might be missing up to half of your potential damage. So it's very important for you to optimize your attack speed accordingly whenever your cooldown reduction changes due to switching passives, gear, gems or flasks.

Some other upgrades you can do:

- You're still missing Militant Faith legion jewel for Inner Conviction keystone - that will give you a 20~30% damage boost straight up. Check the updated PoB in the main post (one under spoiler) - it includes the jewel.

- Bottled Faith - It's a huge upgrade for this build and well worth the money. Without it you will struggle capping out critical strike chance at 100%.

- Helmet with +1 Maximum Power Charge, Nearby Enemies take 9% increased Physical Damage or both. Either of mods shouldn't be too hard to get on either Warlord or Elder influenced helmet, but getting both will be hard this season.

- Rare shield with +1 Level to all Physical Spell Skill Gems or Spell Damage. This is a good option if you have a bigger budget.

- Better weapon with +1 Level to all Physical Spell Skill Gems, more Spell Damage or extra physical as chaos. Will also be pricey.

- +2 Level of AoE or Duration Gems implicit from corruption on Shavronne's (or both!) - This is a rather expensive (~30ex+) item to get, but it will give you a lot of extra damage due to Bladefall gem having both AoE and Duration tags and scaling it's damage pretty well with levels.
There is one important note I wanted to make on Inner Conviction keystone provided by Militant Faith legion jewel - it does have the downside of "Gain Power Charges instead of Frenzy Charges" which effectively prevents you from gaining frenzy charges in any way.

But, the thing is - you're still able to have frenzy charges if you have the "+1/2 to Minimum Frenzy Charges" mod on your gear, effectively adding 4% more damage and 4% attack speed per each extra minimum frenzy charge passively. Those crafts are still very powerful and they can also help solving attack speed problem in case you're missing any.

I wouldn't prioritize minimum frenzy charges mod on the gear though because other mods on the items are more important, but if you so happen to find a perfect ring or a shield with open suffix - that is something you can surely add. You can craft that mod on the rings and you can find it on the redeemer influence shield.

I'll add this information to the main post a bit later.
"
mgarin wrote:
"
Airhwhip wrote:

I peeked at your gear - you've got quite a few things you can upgrade.

The biggest one is CDR (cooldown reduction) mod on belt (20% max), boots (15% max) and Awakened Cast on Critical Strike (22%) - that would give you a maximum total of 57% CDR which basically allows you to proc roughly 57% more Bladefalls per second.

Obviously you will need to match your attack speed with the cooldown of the Bladefall for it to be useful - to put it simple you need to have .01s more attack time compared to the Bladefall cooldown to make it perfectly fit (in buffed state, with all flasks up etc). So if your Bladefall cooldown is 0.12s for instance - your Cyclone attack time needs to be 0.13s, if Cyclone attack time is 0.12 or lower - you might be missing up to half of your potential damage. So it's very important for you to optimize your attack speed accordingly whenever your cooldown reduction changes due to switching passives, gear, gems or flasks.

Some other upgrades you can do:

- You're still missing Militant Faith legion jewel for Inner Conviction keystone - that will give you a 20~30% damage boost straight up. Check the updated PoB in the main post (one under spoiler) - it includes the jewel.

- Bottled Faith - It's a huge upgrade for this build and well worth the money. Without it you will struggle capping out critical strike chance at 100%.

- Helmet with +1 Maximum Power Charge, Nearby Enemies take 9% increased Physical Damage or both. Either of mods shouldn't be too hard to get on either Warlord or Elder influenced helmet, but getting both will be hard this season.

- Rare shield with +1 Level to all Physical Spell Skill Gems or Spell Damage. This is a good option if you have a bigger budget.

- Better weapon with +1 Level to all Physical Spell Skill Gems, more Spell Damage or extra physical as chaos. Will also be pricey.

- +2 Level of AoE or Duration Gems implicit from corruption on Shavronne's (or both!) - This is a rather expensive (~30ex+) item to get, but it will give you a lot of extra damage due to Bladefall gem having both AoE and Duration tags and scaling it's damage pretty well with levels.

Thanks for sharing your build, I`ll try it, just a question regarding CDR, I have the Awakened CC and Boots, Im using HH, does this CRD still working well?

I decided to starting this build yesterday, if you can take a look in my build for some advices, will be great.

It`s really strong build, I`ll work in the min-max very soon.

Thanks
"
afonsosp wrote:
Thanks for sharing your build, I`ll try it, just a question regarding CDR, I have the Awakened CC and Boots, Im using HH, does this CRD still working well?

I decided to starting this build yesterday, if you can take a look in my build for some advices, will be great.

Thanks

About HH - I recommend you to check two sections in the main post:

- Build explanation
- Headhunter

They should explain CDR and whether or not you should use HH with this build.

---

I quickly glanced at your build, overall seems that you have a solid starting gear, but you're missing a lot of ES everywhere. And some utility & stuff.

A few notes:

- Replace Prism Guardian with rare Titanium Spirit Shield as soon as possible, it will give you a lot of extra ES and damage if you find one with spell damage or +1 to physical skill gems. If you can't fit in all the auras - you're probably missing some -% reserve nodes on the tree

- Get at least +1 power charge (warlord) or 9% phys damage (elder) mod on helmet, power charge one is preferable as it scales your damage in many ways

- Your weapon crit chance is low (6%) since you don't have attack crit mod on it, this might be hindering your Cyclone crit chance - you certainly need to cap out your Cyclone crit chance at 100%, otherwise you're missing a lot of damage

- You can upgrade to double-influence rings later to have %ES mod from crusader influence (+18% max ES with catalysts), this will give you a lot of extra ES

- Unnerve on gloves is a big damage increase. I personally don't like culling which you can also get along with unnerve on gloves, but it's also an upgrade if you have enough currency for double influenced high-ES gloves with both mods

- You have way too many unique flasks and missing curse immunity at the very least, I recommend removing Cinderswallow since you don't have any source of fire damage for igniting enemies to have the extra 10% damage benefit from it. You will be missing some crit then, but that's why I said before that you need a weapon with higher base crit chance. With your current setup - you can remove Cinderswallow and grab Blood Rage to compensate aspd to the exact number you need. You'll have to double-check it in PoB though.

- You're missing two ES nodes on the right side of the tree, near +1 max power charge (Soul Thief node) - I recommend grabbing that one instead of some cluster nodes maybe.

Overall - I don't know if you feel fairly tanky or not, but I personally don't feel safe until I get 9k+ ES on any of the ES builds, so I always focus on that first. That makes dying from one-shots pretty hard, even on bosses & sketchy maps. So on your place - I would focus on maxing out ES & then focusing on more damage.
"
mgarin wrote:
"
afonsosp wrote:

Thanks

About HH - I recommend you to check two sections in the main post:

- Build explanation
- Headhunter

They should explain CDR and whether or not you should use HH with this build.

---

I quickly glanced at your build, overall seems that you have a solid starting gear, but you're missing a lot of ES everywhere. And some utility & stuff.

A few notes:

- Replace Prism Guardian with rare Titanium Spirit Shield as soon as possible, it will give you a lot of extra ES and damage if you find one with spell damage or +1 to physical skill gems. If you can't fit in all the auras - you're probably missing some -% reserve nodes on the tree

- Get at least +1 power charge (warlord) or 9% phys damage (elder) mod on helmet, power charge one is preferable as it scales your damage in many ways

- Your weapon crit chance is low (6%) since you don't have attack crit mod on it, this might be hindering your Cyclone crit chance - you certainly need to cap out your Cyclone crit chance at 100%, otherwise you're missing a lot of damage

- You can upgrade to double-influence rings later to have %ES mod from crusader influence (+18% max ES with catalysts), this will give you a lot of extra ES

- Unnerve on gloves is a big damage increase. I personally don't like culling which you can also get along with unnerve on gloves, but it's also an upgrade if you have enough currency for double influenced high-ES gloves with both mods

- You have way too many unique flasks and missing curse immunity at the very least, I recommend removing Cinderswallow since you don't have any source of fire damage for igniting enemies to have the extra 10% damage benefit from it. You will be missing some crit then, but that's why I said before that you need a weapon with higher base crit chance. With your current setup - you can remove Cinderswallow and grab Blood Rage to compensate aspd to the exact number you need. You'll have to double-check it in PoB though.

- You're missing two ES nodes on the right side of the tree, near +1 max power charge (Soul Thief node) - I recommend grabbing that one instead of some cluster nodes maybe.

Overall - I don't know if you feel fairly tanky or not, but I personally don't feel safe until I get 9k+ ES on any of the ES builds, so I always focus on that first. That makes dying from one-shots pretty hard, even on bosses & sketchy maps. So on your place - I would focus on maxing out ES & then focusing on more damage.

Thanks, I`ll check every point, my CC on PoB is 100% (All charges) with 1 Power charge is currently with 67 with flasks is 94% with 1 power charge only even with this weapon, I remember that I took Alira, I`ll get the extra 2 points to get the ES nodes, I didnt notice :)

I`ll review the flasks as well.

Once I starting fighting the bosses, I`ll share my thoughts.
Last edited by afonsosp on Oct 21, 2020, 5:48:32 PM
Doing some tests, and performing very well :)

Minotaur -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USBIplw_dbs&ab_channel=SkInS

I'll record soon some guardians batles, Sirius, etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info