[3.13] CoC Bladefall | Screen-wide 40m+ DPS | 10k+ ES | High defense | Any content | Very expensive

"
mgarin wrote:

For the build/gear - I can only recommend switching to LL and using the tree/nodes that I have in the PoB as it will be much more effective damage-wise and should be more than enough to sustain damage in any scenarios. You will most probably also end up with higher ES with proper gear compared to CI.

For sure! I was surprised how well it worked just swapping out the helm, gloves, one ring, and a lightning cluster for a phys cluster. I might also theorycraft a cold conversion variant for fun - not sure if it would be able to do more damage though.

"
mgarin wrote:

So I'll need to edit out that remark about standing on top of the target as I did wrongfully think that Bladefall centers on your character and not target (to be honest it is pretty hard to see the difference when your Cyclone AoE is very small).

Thanks for testing this out!
"
efun wrote:
"
mgarin wrote:

For the build/gear - I can only recommend switching to LL and using the tree/nodes that I have in the PoB as it will be much more effective damage-wise and should be more than enough to sustain damage in any scenarios. You will most probably also end up with higher ES with proper gear compared to CI.

For sure! I was surprised how well it worked just swapping out the helm, gloves, one ring, and a lightning cluster for a phys cluster. I might also theorycraft a cold conversion variant for fun - not sure if it would be able to do more damage though.

"
mgarin wrote:

So I'll need to edit out that remark about standing on top of the target as I did wrongfully think that Bladefall centers on your character and not target (to be honest it is pretty hard to see the difference when your Cyclone AoE is very small).

Thanks for testing this out!

Conversion could definitely work, but you might have to compromise on defenses (primarily on ES), but otherwise it should definitely end up with higher damage and might even be easier to setup gear for since you can use elemental spell damage modifiers on the gear & tree. You will need to drop all the overwhelm notables/nodes and probably some physical ones as well.

I did try to sketch some conversion setups before, but I ended up dropping that idea since I prefer to always have a certain degree of defenses below which it just becomes uncomfortable for me to play (something like 9k+ ES, 4k+ ES/s regen/leech, fortify, some amount of attack block and/or dodge).

As for positioning - no problem, I've noticed that quite some time ago when I was working on the VD version of the build, but I forgot to update that part in the guide (was pretty sure I did, but apparently not).
Last edited by mgarin on Feb 20, 2021, 9:46:46 AM
Hey Mgarin,

thank you for the build and guys thanks for the tips in the thread, i like the build very much. LvL 100 with 8.3k ES now. Cyclone attk time 0.18 to BF Cooldown 0.10 is a bit off. Which means it takes a while untill the blades come down and i get killed by somethign until they do. Also some times i do hit Blod Rage too often and i get killed by it ... What do you think is the next best upgrade for me? Crafting a shield right now. :)

Have all the jewels:

I was thinking of dropping Basics of Pain and or Magnifier for Quick Getaway to get more AS?

What do you think?

Thanks guys!

Cheers

P.S. Also have
but dont know how to fit it in ..
Last edited by dhgfghdhg5 on Feb 21, 2021, 6:32:46 PM
"
dhgfghdhg5 wrote:
Hey Cyclone attk time 0.18 to BF Cooldown 0.10 is a bit off. Which means it takes a while untill the blades come down and i get killed by somethign until they do.

Silver flask is an easy solution for aps (probably drop quartz). Otherwise, rings that you can craft +1 minimum frenzy charges on would help. The large clusters can come with 2% attack speed per minor node which boosts aps as well.

The lag from bladefall is inevitable (that's how the skill works), increasing cyclone aps won't change this significantly.
"
dhgfghdhg5 wrote:
Hey Mgarin,

thank you for the build and guys thanks for the tips in the thread, i like the build very much. LvL 100 with 8.3k ES now. Cyclone attk time 0.18 to BF Cooldown 0.10 is a bit off. Which means it takes a while untill the blades come down and i get killed by somethign until they do. Also some times i do hit Blod Rage too often and i get killed by it ... What do you think is the next best upgrade for me? Crafting a shield right now. :)

I was thinking of dropping Basics of Pain and or Magnifier for Quick Getaway to get more AS?

What do you think?

Thanks guys!

Cheers

P.S. Also have
but dont know how to fit it in ..

0.18s attack time sounds like an unbuffed value for me, you sure you checked it in combat or in PoB with all buffs up? Usually you should end up with ~0.14 attack time minimum, even without +1 frenzy or attack speed anywhere on the gear. Although maybe it has changed since the Assassin nerfs.

You can get attack speed via attack speed mods on rings & gloves, +1 min frenzy on rings or +1/+2 min frenzy on shield, cluster jewels or via Cyclone attack speed enchantment (although I wouldn't recommend that enchantment as an endgame option).

As for delay before Bladefall actually starts dealing damage - that is just the delay on the Bladefall itself, you can't do anything about it, just make sure you play safer and always expect that delay.

From what you have right now - I would upgrade rings with double-influenced ones with %ES + flat ES + curse. That might take some currency to get decent ones though. You can check the crafting guide in the second post in this thread.

As for HH - I'm not sure what is the problem to fit it in. You don't have any resists on your crystal belt, so you can just slap the HH right away and use it. You can also swap crystal belt back in for the bosses if you want to. You will obviously lose a portion of ES with HH as well as some CDR, but as long as your Cyclone attack time is slower than Bladefall trigger cooldown that doesn't matter at all.
Last edited by mgarin on Feb 22, 2021, 9:04:28 AM
"
mgarin wrote:
Although maybe it has changed since the Assassin nerfs.

Assassin lost 15% attack speed from the elusive nerf, so his number sounds right.
Last edited by efun on Feb 22, 2021, 3:57:34 PM
Have finally finished crafting all the gear. Sitting at 10.3k es

Last edited by Akisailent on Feb 27, 2021, 1:17:05 PM
Hey Guys,
need some Advice on what to upgrade next, thinking about to switch from Vulnerability to Assassins mark, to have more crit chance without flasks.
Atm got 10kES with a Placeholder Crystal belt, and 9k ES with HH for mapping.
Also went for ailment Immune and Explode Sceptre and capped chaos Res for more Tankiness. Tried to balance my aps at 7.52 with atleast 14% CdR. Going for 10 aps got harder since the 14% attack speed nerf from Ascendancy and the other defensive choices I made

https://pastebin.com/ZwViNbKQ

my final build, debating if I want to try and figure out a "boss-killing" version but I think I'm done with the league for now
IGN: Delran
Judging by the development manifesto this build will still be almost as powerful as it is right now. There are of course other yet announced changes to skill gems, so there still might be more nerfs coming.

The most notable change so far is the increase in mana reservation for Flesh and Stone (now 35%, up from 25%), but it can be worked around with more % reservation corruptions on jewels or it can simply be skipped altogether for something else.

Vaal RF will get a numerical hit which wasn't announced yet, but I'd imagine it will go down to 10~15% more spell damage instead of ~30% and it will consume 60~80% of ES instead of 20~30% it consumes right now, so it will be much riskier to use on boss encounters. As one of the options I was thinking about - invest into %ES regen to outregen normal RF damage - that way you can sacrifice a bunch of damage nodes and get a consistent ~40% more spell damage increase, but that will require a bunch of modifications to the build.

Also I'll be looking into potentially using the new way of going LL using HP - it can potentially be a very strong alternative with a lot of upsides, but it is too early to say anything specific about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info