Difference between Blizzard and GGG

"
SonOfValmar wrote:
Blizzard has built a game in the attempts to make it stand out from Diablo 2. Die hard Diablo 1 fans did the same type of complaining when Blizzard developed Diablo 2. But as we all know, Diablo 2 was a game that excelled and largely set the standard for Action-RPG's. This is even more evident when looking at PoE since this game is built upon framework resembling Diablo 2.

Just because Diablo 2 turned out to be good, doesn't mean Diablo 3 will. The fact is, it's a different team altogether making Diablo 3. This is not to say they suck at making games, though, but it reflects on the game noticeably (which fanboys deny for some reason).

"
SonOfValmar wrote:

Also, what is even more ridiculous is the "Gaming Hipsters" who hate on successful companies by constantly saying whatever games they make are "softcore", "for casuals", "just to make a quick buck", or they "do not care about their games". But yet any fledgling company always cares about its customers and games simply because they have not been successful yet? lolwut

God forbid loyal fans who made possible the companies success demand video games for them in return. Damn gaming hipsters with entitlement issues!

Last edited by xxnoob on Apr 24, 2012, 5:29:59 PM
HOLY SHIT, THAT LOOKS GREAT FOR GAME FROM 2005
"
miljan wrote:
HOLY SHIT, THAT LOOKS GREAT FOR GAME FROM 2005

I know right? Ironically these guys are making Torchlight, which Diablo 3 looks like, or it looks like WoW?

Not sure which game made Blizzard go with Diablo 3's current art direction.
What screenshots are those from?
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:

Blizzard North's Diablo 3.
"
xxnoob wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:

Blizzard North's Diablo 3.

Ahhh, I vaguely remember the old art now.

I kinda like the stylized stuff they have going on in it right now. Of course I don;t think art makes or breaks a game. The sylization will look good even when other games that make those screeshots look like crap come out.

I mean there's cases for both artstyles. But D2 was hardly meant to be photorealistic, and I think D3 looks a LOT like D2 in general.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
@xxnoob

The reason the beta was laggy on the open beta week-end was (besides more than 300k people playing) that the Diablo 3 servers aren't online. :)
The only servers currently online are a handful of beta servers that are in NA.

And really? I mean I'm not a fan of the stylized look either but the D3 screens from 2005 are horrible. Graphics in 2005 were shitty and I'm glad they changed it (though I too hoped for more impressive visuals)
It's very hard to return ourselves to the mindset of 2005. What were we playing then? Let's see...

World of Warcraft was barrelling along, Guild Wars just kicked in, Battlefield 2 was strong, The Sims was still in vogue, Call of Duty 2 wasn't unpopular either. Of those, Guild Wars was my darling, and compared to the graphics in that, these Diablo 3 mockups are horrendous. However, they are just mockups; aesthetically, they're very pleasing to me. If you'd shown me them in 2005 and said this is what Diablo 3 is going to look like only more polished, I'd have been over the moon and then some.

Also, does anyone else get a bit annoyed at being called a 'hipster' simply because they were there when it happened and believe things just aren't as good as they were then anymore? I'd rather 'old fart' or 'antique' or even 'relic' over 'hipster', seriously.

Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
"
Asphael wrote:
@xxnoob

The reason the beta was laggy on the open beta week-end was (besides more than 300k people playing) that the Diablo 3 servers aren't online. :)
The only servers currently online are a handful of beta servers that are in NA.

And really? I mean I'm not a fan of the stylized look either but the D3 screens from 2005 are horrible. Graphics in 2005 were shitty and I'm glad they changed it (though I too hoped for more impressive visuals)

If it was just some makeshift servers, then it just supports the claims that it was all a marketing ploy, which explains people not being able to replay their characters or create new characters or not being able to play at all, despite being one click away, with the game returning errors of every kind.

And I was talking about art direction.
"
xxnoob wrote:

If it was just some makeshift servers, then it just supports the claims that it was all a marketing ploy, which explains people not being able to replay their characters or create new characters or not being able to play at all, despite being one click away, with the game returning errors of every kind.

The open beta weekend was a stress test. Server instability and bugs are expected. Most of the time, I experienced no errors and no lag. If you did, then that was exactly the point of having a public stress test.

The same thing happened with Path of Exile stress test. Less disconnections occured yes, but that's because the D3 servers required a much larger load.

Stop being such a nay-saying ignoramus.
IGN: Sonalia, Arkimond

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info