3.13 Bladeblast Chieftain. GG HC build. high dmg/clear/surv. Blasting awakener! Strong as ever!

"
from the build guide

"A very big upgrade for this build is Awakened spell cascade. it allows you to drop 25 blades pr cast when your spamming since unleash is on cooldown. its like a 30% more damage doing most bosses, and also improves map clear alot. its expencive. but deffently a thing to aim for. i first got mine around half way thrue lvl 99, and regret i dident spend the currency earlier."

I happened to be reading some threads on reddit and there seems to be a large diversity in thought here. Some believe that level 1 Awakened Spell Cascade is the best, others seem to strongly believe that a level 1 regular Spell Cascade is better.

I also noticed on POE Ninja that there is a large split in choice here for the upper tier builds.

The argument appears to be whether the awaken version's "side" blade have any effect at all for single target.

I don't know one way or the other. I have an Awakened Spell Cascade I will be trying out. Sounds like Duke clearly felt it was better from his comment so I am happy to try.

Awakende is way stronger, since in generel clear you have way better area cover, and in any situation you wanna do damage, you fire off max blades every cast vs half without(asuming unlease regenerates 1 charge between casts)
"
Out of curiosity, I wanted to see where I was at while at level 80, so I tried some end game content*

*End Game Content in this context was: AL9, T14-16's, guardians, conquerors, ten man boss fight...

Damage wise, I feel I am already there. Survivability was not great against single target though. Most of my defenses are solid (capped ele resists, 66% chaos res, max block, 100% ailment immunity etc), except for life, which is clearly too low.

Looking at my tree, I can see almost every point I have left to spend will go into life. I will probably top out around 6.3k (Diadem build). I may be able to push this to 6.6k with a change to my gear I am contemplating.

At what level of life did you guys feel comfortable not dying in the content I mentioned above, assuming your other defenses were good?

endgame content you mention is lvl 96+ char domain, with lvl 96 worthy gear. from a hc perspective, most i know dont engage in that(outside the 10 bosses) before their chars is polished= meaning all possible gear goals aquired.
Where do we rate this build, because I'm having a blast.

Playing this in softcore ritual, not on the maven yet, but what a pleasure to play. Incredibly tanky, and the damage is insane.

I went to the route with the immortal ambition and the replica soul tether, plus a similar crafted mod on the chest. That brought me to 7.5k life and 2.8 ES and a crazy regen.

A jewel with onslaught and phasing feels so good as well.

I started ritual with a vortex too hard to scale up damage wise, and a spellslinger build that could be good if I was good at crafting or if I had 100 ex.

This build instead is amazing and I still have some really crap gear except a chest I bought 12 ex, so much room for improvement, and probably without going too crazy currency wise.

Best build I've ever tried, well just big thank you to the author and also for the 3.13 update!
Great build, does everything, really tanky and good damage. I've done everything, all invitations, sirus 9, maven, everything.

I made a tiny change, based on my own playing style, that I think is working for me and I want to share with others in case they have the same issue.

I knew for a long time I have been playing with out the Fortify defensive buff because I could never get used to how slow it was to apply with Vigilant Strike. I always felt unsafe making that slow attack, so I stopped using it early and unfortunately left that key defensive Fortify layer out of my build as a leveled.

But I noticed tonight that my natural playing style has me flame dash into a pack and cast Bladefall.

So I figured since I play that way, I would simply swap [flame dash-second wind] for [Shield Charge-Fortify].

I just leveled from 84 top 87 using [Shield Charge-Fortify] and I paid very close attention and had good up time on my Fortify.

While this is probably far from ideal, at least I have some Fortify now vs none in the way I was playing before.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 15, 2021, 12:41:26 AM
I read authors notes on sceptre craft. Is there a cheaper approach I can start with to craft the sceptre for this build. I don’t have much currency. Thanks to anyone that can help.
Hi, first of all, the build is amazing, never played something so tanky before. I'm a complete noob in regards to crafting, can anyone tell me if it's worth it to go further with this shield? And if yes how exactly do it?

2nd question

Is it possible to craft +100% fire dmg on this staff using harvest and do I lose much dmg by not getting +1 to gems?

Thank you for any help.

Last edited by AdiEX on Feb 15, 2021, 10:51:25 AM
"
GraveRoT wrote:
I read authors notes on sceptre craft. Is there a cheaper approach I can start with to craft the sceptre for this build. I don’t have much currency. Thanks to anyone that can help.

any weapon will do, you can use something you pick of the grund to start with and propperly with 10c investment you can buy something very strong(atleast sc trade).
since i'm nearing enough currency to buy it - do we leave awakened spell cascade at level 1 or are more levels better?
I killed all 8 guardians, all 4 conquerors and Sirus at AW9, also killed Mastermind (Catarina). All with little problem.

But then I tried The Hidden, and holy hell, I lost all 6 portals and I barely got in any hits. I can't figure out what happened. It was like I could barely use my skills or even move. I died almost instantly every time.

I killed these 4 with my previous character so I know they are not that tough. I must have done something wrong but man it was ugly :)
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 16, 2021, 12:38:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info