3.13 Bladeblast Chieftain. GG HC build. high dmg/clear/surv. Blasting awakener! Strong as ever!

"
This is a really fun build, clear speed and boss damage are great! But I don't feel like my survivability is where it should be, I died a few times recently in tier 4 maps rituals.
I can't figure out the main issue with my defenses, even when comparing to other builds. Is it just that I need a little bit more of everything to continue progressing (life, armor, chaos res), or is there a big gap I'm missing?
Here's my POB: https://pastebin.com/fEQsTgLt

i feel the same way, but think its because we dont have our uber yet, nor ailment immunity on our gear. hoping that'll fix it
Hi guys, anyone can take a look at my profile ? somehow im easily getting wrecked in t14 map, idk why.. damage is just ok
Hi, been wanting to do a new build and i am thorn between this one and DD necro for Hardcore

Anyone knows how this build compares to dd necro? damage and survability wise?

Ty
"
jjmccaw wrote:
"
This is a really fun build, clear speed and boss damage are great! But I don't feel like my survivability is where it should be, I died a few times recently in tier 4 maps rituals.
I can't figure out the main issue with my defenses, even when comparing to other builds. Is it just that I need a little bit more of everything to continue progressing (life, armor, chaos res), or is there a big gap I'm missing?

i feel the same way, but think its because we dont have our uber yet, nor ailment immunity on our gear. hoping that'll fix it

recovery on block. glancing blows are a big nogo without that
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:
"
jjmccaw wrote:
"

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense!
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:
"
jjmccaw wrote:
"

Here's my variant of the build. I've followed Zizaran's build guide a bit more closely than OP. I've been running T7 maps with no problem, and I noticed the following differences between our builds:

* Your gear is much better than mine. My life, armor, chaos res are all lower. I'm still dual wielding sceptres, so I don't even have decent block (although I think I will need to switch over to shields soon).
* Soul tether. Overleech is amazing. Before I got this, my health would jump around a lot and resulted in a few deaths in early mapping. But since getting it, I've only had one death.
* Herald of purity. It's probably a decrease in damage compared to skitterbots, but the survivability due to the summons is really nice, especially in rituals, the summons do a nice job of distracting clumps of mobs.
* Flasks. Get an Enduring Eternal Mana Flask (how do you not go OOM constantly without this?). Swap the Hallowed life flask out for a Quartz Flask (the phasing helps prevent getting stuck surrounded by mobs or in corners etc.). Reroll your flasks, Acceleration is a wasted suffix. I also try to have close to 100% uptime on my quicksilver, granite, quartz, and enduring mana flasks (although some times I forget and get reminded by OOM messages).

https://pastebin.com/9YFLXys4
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:
"
jjmccaw wrote:
"

Duke - just to confirm you mean life recovery on block right (on the shield)? block recovery % isnt really a big deal right
Hey guys, I'm having trouble making my next purchase decision. I don't know which one would be more important for this build, doryani vanity or the explode chest. Both my offense and defense have been great so far so I can't figure out which one I would need more.

* Your gear is much better than mine. My life, armor, chaos res are all lower. I'm still dual wielding sceptres, so I don't even have decent block (although I think I will need to switch over to shields soon).
* Soul tether. Overleech is amazing. Before I got this, my health would jump around a lot and resulted in a few deaths in early mapping. But since getting it, I've only had one death.
* Herald of purity. It's probably a decrease in damage compared to skitterbots, but the survivability due to the summons is really nice, especially in rituals, the summons do a nice job of distracting clumps of mobs.
* Flasks. Get an Enduring Eternal Mana Flask (how do you not go OOM constantly without this?). Swap the Hallowed life flask out for a Quartz Flask (the phasing helps prevent getting stuck surrounded by mobs or in corners etc.). Reroll your flasks, Acceleration is a wasted suffix. I also try to have close to 100% uptime on my quicksilver, granite, quartz, and enduring mana flasks (although some times I forget and get reminded by OOM messages).

https://pastebin.com/9YFLXys4[/quote]

well if you check my profile you can see my current setup in ssf. the gear is far from optimal, no recovery shield. no soultether, no op mana substain. and yet im farming t16 maps. i made adjustments to current changes since harvest.
Last edited by DUKE_OF_SNUFF on Jan 21, 2021, 5:14:35 PM
i feel the same way, but think its because we dont have our uber yet, nor ailment immunity on our gear. hoping that'll fix it[/quote]

recovery on block. glancing blows are a big nogo without that[/quote]

Duke - just to confirm you mean life recovery on block right (on the shield)? block recovery % isnt really a big deal right[/quote]

correct
Last edited by DUKE_OF_SNUFF on Jan 21, 2021, 5:14:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info