So I'm here thanks to the Diablo 3 beta....

I swear... within 10 posts, somebody is going to ask to see PoE's long-form birth certificate...
Kilts for Templars <tm> - Our mission is to replace the ancient Greek toga worn by the Templar with a kilt. It fits the theme of Wraeclast better, and it fits the voice of the Templar.
"
Tagek wrote:
"
AgentDave wrote:
"
Tagek wrote:
If you say so.

Also @ Dave:

God, I wish I could make posts like that.
Well done, sir.

If I wasn't a baby killing inbred drooling dimwit, you'd make me blush.

But since I intend to buy D3 (2 copies even!), I must be, so clearly that would take far more autonomous response than my poor subconscious brain could handle.

Yes, life is hard for us retards.
But I think I'd rather be a retard that's having a ton of fun with D3 over being a 'regular person' that spends a ton of time saying just how bad a game
he's not even going to play is.

I will be playing D3 right there with you guys as I have stated countless times.... Doesn't mean that I agree with the direction they have gone with the game mechanics.

And by saying there were 20 million copies of Diablo sold you were trying to undermine my argument that the Diablo Fanbase is only representative of a small portion of the gaming community. If you want to say that is not true then you are correct in your assertion that you are a retard.
"
thepmrc wrote:

I will be playing D3 right there with you guys as I have stated countless times.... Doesn't mean that I agree with the direction they have gone with the game mechanics.

And by saying there were 20 million copies of Diablo sold you were trying to undermine my argument that the Diablo Fanbase is only representative of a small portion of the gaming community. If you want to say that is not true then you are correct in your assertion that you are a retard.

It wasn't directed at you, but at the constant stream of "Only a retard would buy D3! Only a sheep would buy D3! Only a lazy consumer would buy D3! Only someone who's never played D1 or D2 would buy D3!" and so on. And it was (as I think was fairly evident) some tongue-in-cheekness to it.

Also, *I* never said that 20 million copies means anything (other than that 64000 signatures hardly shows that a "majority" of anyone did anything, when you're talking about a game with 20 million sales. I *estimated* it at 9 million players. If it's 4 million? great. 64k signatures is 1.6% of the players. (Hmm... I think I must have added a zero accidently earlier... Or something... should be .7%, not .01%. Regardless of less than 2% or less than 1%, or if it's only a million players, less than 6.5%, it's still a small portion. Who signed the petition.)

WoW or LoL, the largest single games I can think of offhand, probably can't claim "the majority of the gaming community" - even the best games share the market with thousands of other great games.
itsalljustagame.wordpress.com - my blog about all things gaming - Current project - "Communal effort" - Game design by popular vote!
"
WippitGuud wrote:
I swear... within 10 posts, somebody is going to ask to see PoE's long-form birth certificate...

Why do all these knuckleheads go on the POE forms just to argue that it's an awful game?

"
thepmrc wrote:

Nice to see that some fans of D3 can take constructive criticism.

"
thepmrc wrote:

Right hand, meet left hand!
Back in black
I hit the sack
I've been too long I'm glad to be back
"
AgentDave wrote:
"
thepmrc wrote:

It wasn't directed at you, but at the constant stream of "Only a retard would buy D3! Only a sheep would buy D3! Only a lazy consumer would buy D3! Only someone who's never played D1 or D2 would buy D3!" and so on. And it was (as I think was fairly evident) some tongue-in-cheekness to it.

Also, *I* never said that 20 million copies means anything (other than that 64000 signatures hardly shows that a "majority" of anyone did anything, when you're talking about a game with 20 million sales. I *estimated* it at 9 million players. If it's 4 million? great. 64k signatures is 1.6% of the players. (Hmm... I think I must have added a zero accidently earlier... Or something... should be .7%, not .01%. Regardless of less than 2% or less than 1%, or if it's only a million players, less than 6.5%, it's still a small portion. Who signed the petition.)

WoW or LoL, the largest single games I can think of offhand, probably can't claim "the majority of the gaming community" - even the best games share the market with thousands of other great games.

Sorry Dave, this was not directed at you. Your post, as I have now seen most of your posts are, was very well thought out and constructive. This was directed at Tagek and Sickness to a lesser extent. He was the one throwing 20 million out there like that is representative of the actual size of the true Diablo Fanbase.
Last edited by thepmrc on May 4, 2012, 6:26:27 PM
I just don't understand why people feel the need to argue for either game.

I'm personally going to play both D3 & PoE and enjoy every second of it.
"
Radar wrote:

As well you should. But this game stirs the passions in quite a few people, and it is our instinct to let those passions out. Some people do it more...tastefully than others, but I think this forum is a good place to do it either way.

Would that I could magically transport anyone talking about D3/PoE in the chat to threads like this. I think I'd like that to be my superpower, if anyone asks.

'China' was a silly answer anyway.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
"
"
Radar wrote:

As well you should. But this game stirs the passions in quite a few people, and it is our instinct to let those passions out. Some people do it more...tastefully than others, but I think this forum is a good place to do it either way.

Would that I could magically transport anyone talking about D3/PoE in the chat to threads like this. I think I'd like that to be my superpower, if anyone asks.

Well, you do have a valid point (especially the "tasteful" part).

And i agree that discussions regarding other games should definately be held at the forums rather than in game..
You keep putting words in my mouth.
I never claimed any of the things you say I was claiming.
For instance, I never mentioned the 'gaming community' at all. I was talking about diablo 3's customer base.
And even IF there are only 4 million people who ever bought diablo games (a ridiculous notion, but ok), that's still a very very large part of diablo 3's possible clients.

I'm not going to bother going into this anymore though, it is obvious to me that you are nothing but a person with serious pain in the butt area, and your eyes are clouded with bias. At this point I find xxnoob to be a far more reasonable person than you. And from my personal experience on this forum, that really says something.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on May 4, 2012, 7:39:17 PM
"
"
Radar wrote:

In my case I just can't handle blind "fanboy-ism", to give the benefit of the doubt and not get banned for name calling. Not that I go on the D3 forums and complain, but this thread should have gone to Offtopic long ago and it hasn't and I might as well post my thoughts about the whole thing in a civilized manner.

About D3 vs PoE in the global chat, I can gladly say that isn't any of me, since I don't play it.
Last edited by xxnoob on May 4, 2012, 7:48:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info