@@ VESS CANNON BUILD (Phy Wand CI) @@

The stun is a big problem for CI builds. You can get that Eye of chayula fairly cheap early game in case you dont have enough points to go down to unwavering stance.

Get a shield with resists. Alot of the armor / ES shields has base 16 or 24 all resists on them. Also you can remove the Static blows etc and get some all resist nodes instead? Its not really that good, and only for a 20% shock duration? You Shock anyway when you crit the targets. Always make your build under current conditions. If your gear is horrible nodes, get some more defensive. If your gear is GG, get less. Simple as that.

Last edited by Harmster on Jun 15, 2013, 4:06:10 PM
"
Harmster wrote:
Oh damn I was sure it was only the physical portion. Then the node is alot better than I thought. Im at 300 strength atm.

So I'm split between these 2 builds. I never really liked the extra frenzy charges route why it will probably be better for me to single target with Power siphon too instead of frenzy (80% or so max physical damage at all times).
I refined the builds a bit as you can see in a moment.

I felt it was better to take the nodes at the Templar instead of shadow crit for the extra 50% WED and 10% less mana reservation by auras. So running: anger/wrath/hatred/clarity/discipline/purity for maximum damage. I have to take the 10% extra to run anger at full cost and still have some mana pool left to cast.
Its obvious that I play softcore right? :D I like the damage, but the mana build will probably give me some more survivability. When I get in the high levels I don't want to die because I have a squishy build.
They both get temporal chains, but still.

VP DAMAGE MODE:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY-aBEVC71jvh4vdtGacrLR_B80yzoqNKjAQHUDB_xleHHwLbXhzcwcV-WYCuNsXr5JMn7Bgsv_rv2wJfKnzOtAzDbY_6hq6iBNMbdFVGcV762-cV13jOAP2VICq6_KtHBteGP3MUsILHW_SMC19qVmM6MND7QYfssDlSKVSHnrc-eri5fLw3_GRKmsaurpNObTwttfJuqio4WAfE9qluMn49DxNbXp94De-GJIt99WTnfEvsGVivvrt8u1XWNuhwuzrYOlKHKfbaTdjsOIZg6GaMdlfiKU9WBD_8d-UyiYV9gpthUgixn8s=

IR DEFENSIVE MODE:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY-aBc1PAVBFQu9Y74eL3bRmnKy0fwfNMs6KjSoxQMH_GV4fbXhzcwcWAruvkkyfsGCy_-u9fKnzOtAw3ZsNtj_qGrqIEdFVGcREPLKZe-tvnFdcA_ZUgKrpvnqbr_KtHBteGFLBb9MpKQ9I3g4wLX2pWYzow0PvDOgPb6rrssDlSKVQRv4eeVi0qTbl8vDf8ZDTLSpqsfxUgTm3e5SzpS0lYB90NwBk6s1uvDQIY20OcdPEOrSyFIWCeuSmlWhpAoLZB705qkzIJKLXV7WCIwA9VqWFS0k2XtJ_Lvqesum5p4drEuNX4kAo=

51 mana seems about right. I dont know what gems you are going to use, but with GMP/additonal accuracy/FA/Crit dmg/Added fire I get 63 mana cost. Thats with 10% mana cost on skills. With 25% reduction I get 53 mana instead.

Sorry for late reply but I went out and drank too much lol.

Yeah a lot of people just think it's physical to physical but it's defiantly projectile, thats why it's even great on element. Though it is better to use a quality iron grip Gem than the node because it gives 0.75% proj damage per 1%.

Only prob I see with the 1st build is that you're not taking the Shadows Power Charge, I mean thats a straight 6% damage boost plus the crit multiplier though I would go along the lines of something like this-
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAP0EBwdjCLERUBNbFLAV1x8CJIso-ilPKVQqOCy_LR8yiTLRNsU26DlSOjA6UjrYO-E9Dz9zP_xBh0VHRtdHBkqMSppMs03YTm1QMFXWVgRWY1crV4dX4lgHWK9b9F3GXypfamBtYVJjQ2TnbPZtGXC7dFV35XgNeM56uHy7fM599X5Zf8aAroKbgseFfYZghq6HKYeejAuMdo_6lSCdgJ_LogSio6cIpyupbq6TtQS18riTuXy71rw3wcXB88Lsw23E9tD70xvXhtgk2wLbXtvn3fPi9-Qi5oHoZuvk6-7sGOw47LDy4fba-u_8ZA==

It's doesn't have as much reduced mana cost but you do get a bit more damage, 10% resist, 20% Mana Regen, 8% max mana and a bit more dex/str. (Also if you're willing to work out 3 nodes you can get inner force, which would be ideal.)

I don't like the second build at all, main reason is the lack of Fusillade and shadow power charge.

Still debating on what gems but GMP and Pierce are a must, then Added Fire, Mana Leech and debating additional acuracy, if I sit at less than 75% then I will use it but anything over and I'll be fine with Projectile Weakness.
Actually. I dont like the first build aswell. I removed it from my build list. The lack of iron reflexes and mana regenation does not work well the skills I use. It also performs poorly against both physical and elemental reflect monsters/maps.

I just re-allocated my nodes to the second one. Oh-my-god. It completely destroys the monsters. Much better mana regen, armour vs. reflect etc. High control with temporal chains, vulnerability and proj. weakness + the slow from Arctic armour.
Overall better when it comes to doing more map mods, which I put in high regard.

I will try and pick up a GG physical wand soon with 3physical mods and I will refine my mana regen build accordingly.

Damage is not a problem for this build - Mana regenation is when you get that 6L and faster attacks it will drain 2-250 mana per second no problem.
Mana cost may still be low per cast, but if you have a 0.25 attack time it will really drain hard. I will be getting some physical mana leech on my gear so this might fix the issue.

I was never a fan of the leech gems, however it is an easy way to solve mana/life sustain problems.

Thanks for your input. Certainly something I can use for the guide.

ZiggyStarcraft guy @ youtube (I don't know who it is) posted a very interesting build for the new leagues.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm40ILhmO7YPTfjWSTsjuDlb618t0QfzFt9N312egzmfdDT3ifyuHdg84LOkwfNaKSn3K01FHTZIZtKq4jb8-z2qTqn8Ftb3mtkHV7YcZDPK0xdQjWhrAD6XLKwrdqCyF0k02PcEAxqJ08b6niGvndNsaMHEhYJ65bmnjhLb3D6ve9mHiEHtLeECgxLgOSBEvbWzaPfVLOkIFLe9O1finNBGWUzW1SBuXvjpgSzIJf8abtTZ7bXu4jHrvoqPDOstBVUt07cHz6yxWLXK7jDYmlUqMgh4Zhqx_V4fbC31b3uWArvrvogTe-KR4wdU=

I modified a few nodes for personal use, but you can see the original here:
Spoiler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeO3U8waI_k

Also a physical wander, but HP/evasion/dodge based. Since its not CI it should be easier to get some gear for it. Apart from the wand ofc.
Alright, so I've decided to make a wander and looking at the buff to physical, I'm leaning towards it.

Looking at the build in the OP, it seems very DPS orientated and I definitely don't have the gear for it. That means I'll have to go for more ES nodes. The thing is, will it be enough to survive a few hits in maps? If not, I'm looking at Iron Reflexes because most of the ES nodes picked up have evasion rating on them and picking up frenzy charges on the way would be nice too. Also, I'm not too sure on how good it is, but EVA/ES gear could be an option.

Any thoughts?
IGN - Zginc
"
Harmster wrote:
ZiggyStarcraft guy @ youtube (I don't know who it is) posted a very interesting build for the new leagues.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm40ILhmO7YPTfjWSTsjuDlb618t0QfzFt9N312egzmfdDT3ifyuHdg84LOkwfNaKSn3K01FHTZIZtKq4jb8-z2qTqn8Ftb3mtkHV7YcZDPK0xdQjWhrAD6XLKwrdqCyF0k02PcEAxqJ08b6niGvndNsaMHEhYJ65bmnjhLb3D6ve9mHiEHtLeECgxLgOSBEvbWzaPfVLOkIFLe9O1finNBGWUzW1SBuXvjpgSzIJf8abtTZ7bXu4jHrvoqPDOstBVUt07cHz6yxWLXK7jDYmlUqMgh4Zhqx_V4fbC31b3uWArvrvogTe-KR4wdU=

I modified a few nodes for personal use, but you can see the original here:
Spoiler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeO3U8waI_k

Also a physical wander, but HP/evasion/dodge based. Since its not CI it should be easier to get some gear for it. Apart from the wand ofc.

It doesn't work too well, I tried doing something similar however I was going to do a dual wielding duelist wander however the main problem is the INT - you only get around 150ish INT when the best wand requires 270, my duelist build could work but I'd need the Unique neck that give's like 100 stat points, which for Onslaught isn't the best idea to have a build revolve around a unique to work, not until I get a nice bit of currency.

I think you had far too much damage invested in the 1st one, however thats what you wanted so I wasn't going to change that. I still don't like the fact you don't have fusillade or the shadows power charge either but ofc this is your build, not mine.

I won't be using faster attacks on my main AoE because the frenzy charges should be more than enough. Though I am going more for synergy among my charges, I ended up dying before I could change to CI/US/IR/GR - I need to be around level 58 iirc to switch to my actual build. Hopefully going to have another go at it today and try and get to 50 again.

I've refined my build a little -
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcFtQdjDPIOSA6tEHsRLxFQEZYUdRXXGNsfAiFgJ6kotSmlKwoshSy_LR8wfDIJNsU74T7PP3NAoEOcRwZKjEyzUDBRR1WpVmNXK1eHWhpfKl9qYIhhUmNDapNtGW5pdEF08XfXeM5_K3_GgK6Grohri3qMC41-jb-XtJmanrmfJ5_LogSio6TCpcunK6c0rLq0xbZBtve3trl8u9a95r46vqfAD8BUwQDBxcHzwuzDbcS4zZjN6tJN0xvV7dX41orXhtsC2xrbXuHa4vfjhOaB6xTrY-vk7BjssO9O8uH1S_rv

Oh you're making a guide? Cool, hope that goes well for you, I'll try and get my build up and running ASAP so I can offer any info you might need.

"
Zginc wrote:
Alright, so I've decided to make a wander and looking at the buff to physical, I'm leaning towards it.

Looking at the build in the OP, it seems very DPS orientated and I definitely don't have the gear for it. That means I'll have to go for more ES nodes. The thing is, will it be enough to survive a few hits in maps? If not, I'm looking at Iron Reflexes because most of the ES nodes picked up have evasion rating on them and picking up frenzy charges on the way would be nice too. Also, I'm not too sure on how good it is, but EVA/ES gear could be an option.

Any thoughts?

Well it's more of a case not having the gear for the CI than the DPS, the physical DPS scales very well now and doesn't need as much investment to make it work as it used too.
You can always pick up as many ES nodes as you feel fit, then respect out of them as your gear gets better, unless you feel like you still need them. You should be able to survive a few hits, however its more a case of getting stunned that gets you killed as a CI thats why people either get the Eye of Chayula that negates stun or get Unwavering stance.

The ES/Evasion nodes synergies well with IR and US, going IR also gives you more flexibility in your armour meaning it's much easier to get the gear you need/want.

Basically what you've described is my build, however I haven't been able to fully test my build out yet so I can't give you concrete facts, all I know is that numbers seem decent but my math could be horrible wrong. xD

Sorry for the long ass posts. =/
If that is the case, I'll probably pick up IR and drop some DPS nodes.

Looks like only my chest and perhaps my shield will have to be pure ES, but the rest could be EV/ES pieces to boost the armor.

Still, not sure if that will be enough ES actually.
IGN - Zginc
"
Zginc wrote:
If that is the case, I'll probably pick up IR and drop some DPS nodes.

Looks like only my chest and perhaps my shield will have to be pure ES, but the rest could be EV/ES pieces to boost the armor.

Still, not sure if that will be enough ES actually.

Tbh I'd rather have a Armour/ES shield due to them having 24% resists on them as standard, though if you managed to get enough resists thru gear then a pure ES wouldn't be so bad.
Yeah I know what I said at first Curring - that I wanted max dps. I have kinda changed on that opinion. My idea now is to grab as much physical as I can, Add dmg via hatred+added fire. Get iron grip gem/node? 15% projectile damage is okay I guess for the gem.
That makes the gem worth 4 nodes and not 2 as you see in the tree (considered 8%proj. dmg is 1 node)

Why max physical? It handles reflect much better with Bloodrage and life leech. Also physical damage is seriously underrated, If you have seen kripps sweep templar build that should be proof of that. It destroys armor completely. However that is a 2hander, but you should be able to get something like 150-340 physical damage on a Tornado wand. So its getting up there.

I was just so frustrated every time I died at 2-3 attacks on ele reflect (a few times also when they are in the water) and also not being able to do the reflect maps at all. I'm not very keen on the hybrid builds where people stack all types of damage.

I have spent alot of regrets respeccing / testing different abilities and combinations. Will contiue a bit until I find a build that suits me perfectly :D

btw Curring, why get Ondar's guile to double chance to avoid projectiles when your evasion rating is already converted to armor? :D
Last edited by Harmster on Jun 18, 2013, 5:03:28 PM
"
Harmster wrote:
Yeah I know what I said at first Curring - that I wanted max dps. I have kinda changed on that opinion. My idea now is to grab as much physical as I can, Add dmg via hatred+added fire. Get iron grip gem/node? 15% projectile damage is okay I guess for the gem.
That makes the gem worth 4 nodes and not 2 as you see in the tree (considered 8%proj. dmg is 1 node)

Why max physical? It handles reflect much better with Bloodrage and life leech. Also physical damage is seriously underrated, If you have seen kripps sweep templar build that should be proof of that. It destroys armor completely. However that is a 2hander, but you should be able to get something like 150-340 physical damage on a Tornado wand. So its getting up there.

I was just so frustrated every time I died at 2-3 attacks on ele reflect (a few times also when they are in the water) and also not being able to do the reflect maps at all. I'm not very keen on the hybrid builds where people stack all types of damage.

I have spent alot of regrets respeccing / testing different abilities and combinations. Will contiue a bit until I find a build that suits me perfectly :D

btw Curring, why get Ondar's guile to double chance to avoid projectiles when your evasion rating is already converted to armor? :D

Well that was my plan, build as much physical then use Hatred and Added Fire - much like an EK build. The only way the gem is worth more than the passive (if you're close to it that is) is if you get a decent quality one but then it's a case of which gem should I replace?

You're also forgetting another point about physical - not as many mobs have "Resistant to Physical" as there are "Resistant to all/X element". It's just physical doesn't benefit as well as element does from crit. Still wondering if Vaal pack is a must though, I can easily spec into it but it'll be late game when I'd be able to get it but also it would mean I'd get iron grip.

I din't notice that, must've been a missclick, my bad, thanks for pointing that out!

How good is point blank? I mean how close do mobs have to be for the effect to work?

I started my witch again and turtling onslaught like I don't know what, I'm level 33 and on Normal Act 3, just got to the battlefront lol. I have about 900 HP and 450 ES so hopefully if all goes well I shouldn't die and I'll be able to pull this build off. Unfortunately I still have around 25 levels to go until I can switch to the build, assuming I have decent RNG.... *sigh*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info