@@ VESS CANNON BUILD (Phy Wand CI) @@

"
Brohi wrote:
Im trying a similar build on Anarchy and I was curious if a work around for not having Eye of Chaula would be to get Unwavering Stance and Vaal's Pact since I would be going thru the middle of the tree anyways. Think its viable still? I posted my endgame build around level 82ish if anyone would like to critique it or whatever

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAP0EBwdjDkgPxBB7ES8RUBGWFLAV1xdQGmwfAij6KU8pVCo4Kwosvy0fNsU26DpSOtg7fDvhP3NBh0cGSoxKmkwtTLNN2FAwVgRWY1crV4dYr1qmX2phUmNDZKNtGXgNeM56uH_GgK6CHoLHhX2GYIauh56Ia4x2naOdrp_LogSiLqKjpwinK6c0qW6uk7TFtfK297iTuMq71r46wQDBxcHzwuzDbdD70xvXhtgk2wLbGtxi3Mfi9-OE5CLmgevu7BjsOPLh9Uv67_xk_Ks=

I would suggest to go down the right side of the tree and pick up the 2-3 frenzy charges on your way to Iron Reflexes, I would then get Unwavering stance from there. Vaal Pact isn't really needed, more so for the fact you're ranged and I'd rather have the large and more effective armour buffer in case anything did happen, plus it synergies well with the Eva/ES nodes.
You'll be using BR no doubt as a CI user so why not pick up the extra Frenzy charges? Plus if you pick up the one near the ranger, each frenzy charge will grant you 4% more evasion which will turn into armour. At least this is how I'm doing it for onslaught.
"
"
Brohi wrote:
Im trying a similar build on Anarchy and I was curious if a work around for not having Eye of Chaula would be to get Unwavering Stance and Vaal's Pact since I would be going thru the middle of the tree anyways. Think its viable still? I posted my endgame build around level 82ish if anyone would like to critique it or whatever

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAP0EBwdjDkgPxBB7ES8RUBGWFLAV1xdQGmwfAij6KU8pVCo4Kwosvy0fNsU26DpSOtg7fDvhP3NBh0cGSoxKmkwtTLNN2FAwVgRWY1crV4dYr1qmX2phUmNDZKNtGXgNeM56uH_GgK6CHoLHhX2GYIauh56Ia4x2naOdrp_LogSiLqKjpwinK6c0qW6uk7TFtfK297iTuMq71r46wQDBxcHzwuzDbdD70xvXhtgk2wLbGtxi3Mfi9-OE5CLmgevu7BjsOPLh9Uv67_xk_Ks=

I would suggest to go down the right side of the tree and pick up the 2-3 frenzy charges on your way to Iron Reflexes, I would then get Unwavering stance from there. Vaal Pact isn't really needed, more so for the fact you're ranged and I'd rather have the large and more effective armour buffer in case anything did happen, plus it synergies well with the Eva/ES nodes.
You'll be using BR no doubt as a CI user so why not pick up the extra Frenzy charges? Plus if you pick up the one near the ranger, each frenzy charge will grant you 4% more evasion which will turn into armour. At least this is how I'm doing it for onslaught.

Great suggestion!
I was thinking that maybe the extra frenzy charges would be good (I use Frenzy single target).
Atleast you are right about VP, for my CI Templar sweep its absolutely perfect for the very comitting and responsive gameplay you absolutely need the Leech to be instant.

I havent heard of any CI physical wander having problems with reflect.
If you go Elemental wander you absolutely need VP, I tried elemental wanding with shavonne (BR low life attackspeed bonus) and without VP I would kill myself in 2 or 3 GMP+Chain aoes WITH life leech gem :D

I like to play builds on default and mess around with them, tweak here and there. I came up with a few good ones:

Conduit / Vaal pact:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY-aBc1PAVBFQu9Y74eL3bRmnKy0fwfNMs6KjSowEB1Awf8ZXhx8CxSjbXhzcwcV-WRGWgK42xfZb6-STJ-wYLL-dow5I-u_bAlm8Xyp8zrQMw22Grvyr44SnNKIE0xsxiXRVRnEV14hrY0PAUXjOYbEA_ZUgKrrXhjY9Gde29_Lh8-o_cxSwgsdb9FZjmZoRL8LscFI6MND7QYfrY0cGOVIpVIeeeriMC19qvDf8ZEqarpPssE5ttfJuqio4uXxYB6luMn54De-GWK--uzbocLtGaTpShyn22oZg6GZWBD_8YVIIsZ_Lpcs=

Iron reflexes / Frenzy charges:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY-aBc1PAVBFQu9Y74eL3bRmnKy0fwfNMs6KjSowEB1Awf8ZXhx8CxSjbXsHFEZaArjbF9lvr5OwYLL-dow5I-u_bAlm8Xyp8zsNthq78q-OEpzSiBNMbMYl0VRXXiGtjQ8BReM5hsQD914Y2PRnXtvfy4fPqP3MUsFZjpcuZmhEvwuxwUjow0PsM8utjRwY5UilUh54FtYwLX2q8N_xkSpqNv-ywTm1RR974uXxYBzB8Mww-

The only downside I can see about the Frenzy charge route is that you get only 260 int as opposed to 350 for the Vaal pact variation

Anyone have experiences with double or tricurse? It might be overkill, but having the MORE physical damage on projectile weakness + Vulnerability for a total 78% is nuts.
I think it would work really good in conjunction with the 10% fire, cold, lightning nodes at the top. I read a GGG post mentioning they scale post multipliers etc.

The best physical wand I have seen was 130-270 item damage - Tornado wand, 1.3 attack speed. So I can't wait for someone to craft a better! :D

Last edited by Harmster on Jun 13, 2013, 9:06:32 PM
Prevoius quotes -
Spoiler
"
Harmster wrote:
"
"
Brohi wrote:

Great suggestion!
I was thinking that maybe the extra frenzy charges would be good (I use Frenzy single target).
Atleast you are right about VP, for my CI Templar sweep its absolutely perfect for the very comitting and responsive gameplay you absolutely need the Leech to be instant.

I havent heard of any CI physical wander having problems with reflect.
If you go Elemental wander you absolutely need VP, I tried elemental wanding with shavonne (BR low life attackspeed bonus) and without VP I would kill myself in 2 or 3 GMP+Chain aoes WITH life leech gem :D

I like to play builds on default and mess around with them, tweak here and there. I came up with a few good ones:

Conduit / Vaal pact:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY-aBc1PAVBFQu9Y74eL3bRmnKy0fwfNMs6KjSowEB1Awf8ZXhx8CxSjbXhzcwcV-WRGWgK42xfZb6-STJ-wYLL-dow5I-u_bAlm8Xyp8zrQMw22Grvyr44SnNKIE0xsxiXRVRnEV14hrY0PAUXjOYbEA_ZUgKrrXhjY9Gde29_Lh8-o_cxSwgsdb9FZjmZoRL8LscFI6MND7QYfrY0cGOVIpVIeeeriMC19qvDf8ZEqarpPssE5ttfJuqio4uXxYB6luMn54De-GWK--uzbocLtGaTpShyn22oZg6GZWBD_8YVIIsZ_Lpcs=

Iron reflexes / Frenzy charges:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY-aBc1PAVBFQu9Y74eL3bRmnKy0fwfNMs6KjSowEB1Awf8ZXhx8CxSjbXsHFEZaArjbF9lvr5OwYLL-dow5I-u_bAlm8Xyp8zsNthq78q-OEpzSiBNMbMYl0VRXXiGtjQ8BReM5hsQD914Y2PRnXtvfy4fPqP3MUsFZjpcuZmhEvwuxwUjow0PsM8utjRwY5UilUh54FtYwLX2q8N_xkSpqNv-ywTm1RR974uXxYBzB8Mww-

The only downside I can see about the Frenzy charge route is that you get only 260 int as opposed to 350 for the Vaal pact variation

Anyone have experiences with double or tricurse? It might be overkill, but having the MORE physical damage on projectile weakness + Vulnerability for a total 78% is nuts.
I think it would work really good in conjunction with the 10% fire, cold, lightning nodes at the top. I read a GGG post mentioning they scale post multipliers etc.

The best physical wand I have seen was 130-270 item damage - Tornado wand, 1.3 attack speed. So I can't wait for someone to craft a better! :D

(Your second passive tree link seems to be broken =3)

If you're going party play and you're picking up conduit then I see no reason not to go down that route. Going through Vaals also nets you more STR which can be used for Iron Grip (On my build it netted around 42% increased melee damage so that would be applied to projectiles). I wouldn't worry about having over 300 int, having over 300 seems a bit overkill imo, though with an int/X neck you might get up to 300 anyways.

I think tricure would be overkill, double curse would be perfect (It would be a 1st choice if I was on defualt/Harcore). Though I can't understand why you would use Chain with Projectile weakness? Seems counter intuative considering if the projectle peirces a target it won't chain. I'll be using Prjectile weakness but I'll be using GMP and Pierce, should synergize with Projectle weakness rather well and I'm hoping that I should be tanky enough with IR+6 frenzy charges, plus a couple of endurance charges so I can sit pretty much infront of the mobs and use point blank

If you're thinking about taking those top nodes then I would definatly take Vaals pact, theres quite a few physical modifiers there plus 30% more element damage (10% for each ele) and if you take the KB on crit with Prjectile weakness, GMP and peirce mobs should never touch you (that was my 1st idea of going physical wander).
Well this is my build, not really finalized and it is for Onslaught-
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBBAcFtQdjDH0M8g5IDq0QexB_ES8RUBGWFHUVUBXXGNsa2x8CIWAnqSi1KaUrCiyFLL8tHzIJNj02xTvhPs8_c0CgQ5xHBkqMTLNQMFFHValWY1b6VytXh1oaXypfamCIYVJjQ20ZdEF08XjOf8aAroauiGuLeowLjb-XtJmanrmfJ5_LogSio6TCpcunCKcrpzSsurTFtve4k7l8u9a95r46wFTBAMHFwfPC7MNtxp7N6tMb14bYJNsC2xrbXuHa4vfjhOaB6xTrY-vk7BjssO4O707y4fVL-WP67w==
Hey yea I dont know what went up,here it is again.
Very similar to yours:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY-aBEVC71jvh4vdtGacrLR_B80yzoqNKjAQHUDB_xleHHwLFKNtewcUnqX5ZEZaArjbF9lvr5OwYLL-dow5I-u_bAlm8Xyp8zsNthq78q-OEpzSiBNMbMYl0VRXXiGtjQ8BReM5hsQD914YZ17b38uHz6j9zFLBWY5maES_C7HBSOjDQ--tjtMVHBjlSKVSHngW1jAtfarw3_GRKmo2_DPLssE5t6xRRR6XLuXxYBzB8Ps9_K73md9d0QRR1cbAOrcHYRA1DnCmlkrsY23TxLIUhYJ65WhpAoO9OMgkotWCIYVKfyw==

I don't use chain right now. I use LMP, additional accuracy, faster attacks. By not using chain I could save a few points at the bottom of the tree not having to rely on 5,5,10% reduced mana cost there at the arcane efficiency. And this is where I realized that projectile weakness + vulnerability could be a good option. Pierce instead of additional accuracy sounds fun too.

Right now I use the Thunderfist mitts, but it seems quite useless (since I use Frenzy w/only 4 charges atm) and also my aoe 6L has no damage reductions on it. This means I can have an all purpose attack, how does gmp play out for you, can you single target with it too?

A fun idea could be to put Tempest shield, increased aoe, elemental proliferation, and reduced mana in those gloves. If you have the mana for it ofc.
This is also one of the reason I like the Vaal pact route, you go just by the reduced mana reservation nodes and can get more auras that way.

Also about fusillade, it does seem quite mandatory with 6power charges right? 36% wand damage is quite a lot :D

Oh, you mean like this ammy? :D

I also have another for when I get a GG physical wand:
Last edited by Harmster on Jun 14, 2013, 10:51:53 AM
What wand physical dps is required for you to stomp maps with physical?

Currently hanging around with elemental hit in anarchy due to it's insane(like 250 average) base damage at level 50.
"
Harmster wrote:
Very similar to yours:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY-aBEVC71jvh4vdtGacrLR_B80yzoqNKjAQHUDB_xleHHwLFKNtewcUnqX5ZEZaArjbF9lvr5OwYLL-dow5I-u_bAlm8Xyp8zsNthq78q-OEpzSiBNMbMYl0VRXXiGtjQ8BReM5hsQD914YZ17b38uHz6j9zFLBWY5maES_C7HBSOjDQ--tjtMVHBjlSKVSHngW1jAtfarw3_GRKmo2_DPLssE5t6xRRR6XLuXxYBzB8Ps9_K73md9d0QRR1cbAOrcHYRA1DnCmlkrsY23TxLIUhYJ65WhpAoO9OMgkotWCIYVKfyw==

I don't use chain right now. I use LMP, additional accuracy, faster attacks. By not using chain I could save a few points at the bottom of the tree not having to rely on 5,5,10% reduced mana cost there at the arcane efficiency. And this is where I realized that projectile weakness + vulnerability could be a good option. Pierce instead of additional accuracy sounds fun too.

Right now I use the Thunderfist mitts, but it seems quite useless (since I use Frenzy w/only 4 charges atm) and also my aoe 6L has no damage reductions on it. This means I can have an all purpose attack, how does gmp play out for you, can you single target with it too?

A fun idea could be to put Tempest shield, increased aoe, elemental proliferation, and reduced mana in those gloves. If you have the mana for it ofc.
This is also one of the reason I like the Vaal pact route, you go just by the reduced mana reservation nodes and can get more auras that way.

Also about fusillade, it does seem quite mandatory with 6power charges right? 36% wand damage is quite a lot :D

Single target with GMP? No.
I usually have either frenzy or power siphon with FA, Added Fire and whatever else.
Yeah I'm not sure how my Mana is going to play out to be honest, I've only ever played EB/BM builds and with my build I want to run at least 4 aura's (Grace, Determination, Hatred and Discipline) so those 2 reduced mana reservation are very appealing, thats a bridge I'll cross when I come to it though.

I'm leaving a lot of leeway in my build in case anything pops up that is unexpected, not sure inner force will even be worth it to be fair.

Ah Fusillade, yes, defiantly, I was testing which would be better going fusillade or Iron grip, turns out that fusillade is the winner, though that is at around 210 strength VS 6 power charges.

That 1st one is a nice ammy, to bad I can't get Onyx in Onslaught and tbh I'd rather have the 1st ammy over the second one. =p
"
"
Harmster wrote:
Very similar to yours:
Spoiler

Single target with GMP? No.
I usually have either frenzy or power siphon with FA, Added Fire and whatever else.
Yeah I'm not sure how my Mana is going to play out to be honest, I've only ever played EB/BM builds and with my build I want to run at least 4 aura's (Grace, Determination, Hatred and Discipline) so those 2 reduced mana reservation are very appealing, thats a bridge I'll cross when I come to it though.

I'm leaving a lot of leeway in my build in case anything pops up that is unexpected, not sure inner force will even be worth it to be fair.

Ah Fusillade, yes, defiantly, I was testing which would be better going fusillade or Iron grip, turns out that fusillade is the winner, though that is at around 210 strength VS 6 power charges.

That 1st one is a nice ammy, to bad I can't get Onyx in Onslaught and tbh I'd rather have the 1st ammy over the second one. =p

So you say Iron grip is better at +210 strength? That also comes down to your wand I guess. how much base physical dmg/crit is your wand at?

To answer your question I have around 1300 mana atm and with clarity I have problems with my 86 mana cost, 0.33 attacktime AOE attack. If I really spam I have to burn hybrid flasks in order to keep the mana up. This is with the Vaal pact build I linked earlier @ GMP/ACC/ATspeed/critdmg/WED.

About mana, I made a build acustomed to just that. Its sort of a in between of the vaal pact and yours. My thought is to run GMP, pierce, faster attacks, WED(or added fire), Crit damage(or crit chance), and ofc power siphon. Besides that it will run Arctic armour on rather "high" (10-15) level ;-)

This build has a whooping 240% mana regen and 138% to maximum mana. Actually twice the mana max% and 3 times as much regen as I sit on now!!! This would work better with arctic armour for sure.

The build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY-aBc1PAVBFQu9Y74eL3bRmnKy0fwfNMs6KjSoxQMH_GV4fbXhzcwcWAruvkkyfsGCy_-u9fKnzOtAw3ZsNtj_qGrqIEdFVGcREPLKbb5xXXAP2VICq6b56m60cG14YUsFv0ykpD0jeDjAtfalZjOjDQ-8M6A9vquuywOVIpVBG_h55WLSpNuXy8N_xkNMtKmqx_FSBObd7lLOlLSVgH3Q3AGTqzW68NAhjbQ5x08Q6tLIUhYJ65KaVaGkCgtkHvTmqTMgkotdXtYIjAD1WpYVLSTZe0n8u-p6y6bmnh2sS4MHXV-JrMn3s=

I could agree that the strength route is probably better for some things since it scales with Iron grip and thus the 10% elemental nodes at the top. I am just trying to find an excuse since I don't want to play with Fusillade :D

Yeah first amulet is better right now, just wait till I get crafting on that other one :D
Last edited by Harmster on Jun 14, 2013, 6:08:52 PM
Well I'd still rather have a separate single target attack either way.

I'd say iron grip would be best at around 280+ str, though if you can pick both up, why not?

It' wouldn't matter what numbers are on the wand, Iron Grip affects projectile damage not just physical portion. I used a 100ish max phys wand for the numbers.

86 Mana? Seems a tad high, I think my cost would be about 51 - I won't be using FA as the frenzy charges should be more than enough. I think just adding mana leech should be more than enough for most mana issues, though I always favour sustainability and survive-ability over anything, so that may just be a play style thing. 1300 mana seems like it should be enough for me, I mean 4 aura's and a RMC gem will equal 968 mana reserved (level 15 gems and 0 qual) which will leave 332 mana to run my skills off, which should be more than doable. I might just take the mana flows and projectile nodes in the duelist area while on the way picking up leather and steel.

Well as I said, Iron Grip effects everything on the projectile no just the physical portion so it's great to have, infact if you get a q10+ iron grip gem it would work out better than fusillade at 210 STR. Though, I'd rather have them both (But then I would fear reflect and Vaal pact would be mandatory.)
Oh damn I was sure it was only the physical portion. Then the node is alot better than I thought. Im at 300 strength atm.

So I'm split between these 2 builds. I never really liked the extra frenzy charges route why it will probably be better for me to single target with Power siphon too instead of frenzy (80% or so max physical damage at all times).
I refined the builds a bit as you can see in a moment.

I felt it was better to take the nodes at the Templar instead of shadow crit for the extra 50% WED and 10% less mana reservation by auras. So running: anger/wrath/hatred/clarity/discipline/purity for maximum damage. I have to take the 10% extra to run anger at full cost and still have some mana pool left to cast.
Its obvious that I play softcore right? :D I like the damage, but the mana build will probably give me some more survivability. When I get in the high levels I don't want to die because I have a squishy build.
They both get temporal chains, but still.

VP DAMAGE MODE:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY-aBEVC71jvh4vdtGacrLR_B80yzoqNKjAQHUDB_xleHHwLbXhzcwcV-WYCuNsXr5JMn7Bgsv_rv2wJfKnzOtAzDbY_6hq6iBNMbdFVGcV762-cV13jOAP2VICq6_KtHBteGP3MUsILHW_SMC19qVmM6MND7QYfssDlSKVSHnrc-eri5fLw3_GRKmsaurpNObTwttfJuqio4WAfE9qluMn49DxNbXp94De-GJIt99WTnfEvsGVivvrt8u1XWNuhwuzrYOlKHKfbaTdjsOIZg6GaMdlfiKU9WBD_8d-UyiYV9gpthUgixn8s=

IR DEFENSIVE MODE:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY-aBc1PAVBFQu9Y74eL3bRmnKy0fwfNMs6KjSoxQMH_GV4fbXhzcwcWAruvkkyfsGCy_-u9fKnzOtAw3ZsNtj_qGrqIEdFVGcREPLKZe-tvnFdcA_ZUgKrpvnqbr_KtHBteGFLBb9MpKQ9I3g4wLX2pWYzow0PvDOgPb6rrssDlSKVQRv4eeVi0qTbl8vDf8ZDTLSpqsfxUgTm3e5SzpS0lYB90NwBk6s1uvDQIY20OcdPEOrSyFIWCeuSmlWhpAoLZB705qkzIJKLXV7WCIwA9VqWFS0k2XtJ_Lvqesum5p4drEuNX4kAo=

51 mana seems about right. I dont know what gems you are going to use, but with GMP/additonal accuracy/FA/Crit dmg/Added fire I get 63 mana cost. Thats with 10% mana cost on skills. With 25% reduction I get 53 mana instead.
I was following this build for a while but it seems extremely gear dependent without having any resist nodes plus right now, when I change anything around I lose a lot of dps. I had to take chaos nodes to offset lack of any good ES gear so no CI-- with links, I guess that's the "trade to win" part of this game but without a stash of wealth probably not happening. And earlier could not find a physical damage wand then traded for one and it didn't really help. Equipped a 26% lighting wand so now Power Syphon is without charge at 1400 dps single target at .4 as and gets to 2800 fully but that barely seems to help against one blue guy in jungle unless I crit. I would really reduce AS if I could single shot more targets but it only happens on crit and even though Power syphon says 80% crit chance, it doesn't seem to happen that often. I am negative on fire right now, got melted by fire arrow. I need to kill mobs of 12 in like 5 seconds or I have to kite around.

I really liked the concept, I like blasting monsters when it works but I die so fast if I get stunned it's not funny now. Oh and couldn't find an ES shield either which is probably needed, a big fat 400 or so.

So if anyone can tell me how to get back on track in my deviation, I have 2 pts to spend and 9 repec.
My variations: took static blows because used Arc a lot in Cruel
Took dual wands and went for AS nodes in Shadow.
Took 30% lightning weapon damage for 140 dps increase.
Running Wrath, Grace, Discipline and Clarity.
Discharge I just bumped to 4k using concentrated effect but lightning res mobs don't care.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAP0BzAdjDkgRLxFQEZYRvxSwFr8Z1ylUKwotHzTLO-E_c0qMTLNQMFXGVytXh18qY0NnvW0ZcFJw1XRVeM58zn5Zf8aAroeeh9uIa5P8m6GiBKKjpyunNKyYrs-0xbVItve71sBRwQDB88Lsz2XQ0ND7217fsOL344TmgeuO6-Tub_F28uHz6vfX-u_9zw==

ny gear with no resists good except lightning. Chaos at -8.
Anything I can do? I tried to use level 9 skeles with minion damage and they were destroyed in Act 1 so gave up.
Level 60. Some deaths I remember, Alira Corpse Explosion, Flicker Pirates, Vaal One shot back in cruel. I have 780life/800 ES.

Last edited by raziekeljr on Jun 16, 2013, 2:57:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info