@@ VESS CANNON BUILD (Phy Wand CI) @@

Been playing this in Anarchy. Love the build, even though it cost me 50 regrets to switch to CI and pure Phys. The funny thing is, you literally have to take all the phys damage nodes if you just wanna use blood rage to leech. I thought I go more defensive and grab the extra body and soul as well as vaal pact before taking the phys nodes. Ended up not being able to leech enough. Once you get the right gear this build is so fucking strong. It's also excellent at pissing off MF cullers cause you're pretty much guaranteed last hit.

My Gear:

Last piece I need is a high phys damage + crit multi + dex/str amy. I'd also like a higher ES circ but that accuracy roll.... xD

Also if anyone is wondering, I originally bought thunderfists and used them for a while, but I think Maligaro's is the way to go. 1/4 the price of tfists, similar dps, and the dex is great.

Doing 18k single target - 5k ps + lmp + chain + added fire + wed. Gonna recolor my chest for crit multi instead of added fire once i get more chroms.
IGN: dbk or BONGSANDTHONGS if you prefer
Last edited by datbabykilla on Jul 2, 2013, 7:46:56 PM
Do you find yourself recharging es from the auto-recovery more or Ghost Reaver more?

Reason I ask because I had a similar build back in CBT, and I found Ghost Reaver rarely useful, as we are ranged, and almost one-hit kill everything; by the time next wave of mob comes, our es has already regenerated.

I know it's useful on some cases, like reflect; but suppose I have other ways to deal with reflect, can I completely skip GR?

Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
I have a few questions.
I have a CI FP build that i start to get bored of and im thinking of just starting over with this build. I wonder how important is a 6l for this build? from my own experience and looking at ele PS build they pretty much depends on them for them to be viable.

Will it be possible to to build this without having any sort of funding apart from maybe 1 gcp? im going to have my whole set i have on this build apart from my wand and hope to get a better shield since i have the unique spirit shield and thats not ideal for this build.

How important are a 20% quality PS?

How do you lifesteal without any lifesteal on items or a life leech gem?

How important are the auras apart from discipline? since i need to use purity to max out my resists.

I have 34% elemental and 15% cold resists from talents so that's quite abit
@wxyjac: Reflect is basically the main reason I use GR, also in end game multiplayer maps you have alot of aoe mods like GMP and chains and you take alot of extra dmg, it helps greatly there.

@Nailroth: I just rebuilt this on Anarchy and I was only 4 linked for the longest time.. it was a fresh start and my first character and ive made 40 exalts already just farming from scratch ^^
Retired closed Beta rank #1 Butthole
Retired Anarchy rank #3 DatDrank
1st level 100 Domination Discharge
"
Nailroth wrote:
I have a few questions.
I have a CI FP build that i start to get bored of and im thinking of just starting over with this build. I wonder how important is a 6l for this build? from my own experience and looking at ele PS build they pretty much depends on them for them to be viable.

Will it be possible to to build this without having any sort of funding apart from maybe 1 gcp? im going to have my whole set i have on this build apart from my wand and hope to get a better shield since i have the unique spirit shield and thats not ideal for this build.

How important are a 20% quality PS?

How do you lifesteal without any lifesteal on items or a life leech gem?

How important are the auras apart from discipline? since i need to use purity to max out my resists.

I have 34% elemental and 15% cold resists from talents so that's quite abit

1) 6L is definitely not needed. Im using a 5L and do 5.5k dps on LMP+CHAIN and 20k on single-target with a 79% chance to hit in maps. If I got a 6L Id probably just added additional accuracy, but 79% is pretty good already.

2) THis was my first character in Anarchy, I started with Ele/HP though as it's much easier to build then switched once I got the currency for CI and found a Phys Wand. Ele/HP is much cheaper to build.

3) Quality PS just adds extra damage, not important at all really. Although, it adds a TON of damage.

4) This build uses Blood Rage to leech. You need ALL the wand Physical damage passives if you wanna use blood rage because its 100% dependent on phys damage. Otherwise You'll probably die from reflect. Quality Blood Rage is insane, a level 17 20% quality blood rage will give you 10% physical life leech.

5) Once again they're all just extra damage. Wanders do pretty insane damage so it's not a huge loss if you arnt running wrath/anger/hatred.

Resists should be pretty easy to get because we use Archon/Angelic shields which already have a 24% all resist implicit. Mine gives something crazy like 35% all resist and then dual 35+ resists.

IGN: dbk or BONGSANDTHONGS if you prefer
Last edited by datbabykilla on Jul 10, 2013, 6:48:06 PM
I've been running with this build. Currently @53. It's getting very tricky to level up at this stage of the game. My character is a glass cannon. Tons of DPS, but must remain in kite range at all times. Using Blood Rage combined with these unique gloves http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ondar%27s_Clasp is super fun. I use Skeleton Totem or Zombies for back up/tanking. In hindsight, I might consider focusing more on ES passives and elemental resist nodes rather than going all out in the Wand boosting passives. I think some of the other posters are right, this build matures late, but it's my favorite and it's a goddamn blast to play.
Last edited by Dyssolve on Jul 11, 2013, 3:21:32 PM
poo
Last edited by Sugu on Jul 25, 2013, 8:53:44 AM
So do i just level as FP? and then make the switch to PS in merc?

I have a 68 CI shadow im thinking of converting to this build, is this wand any good to start out with?
Might I suggest putting in a "gems used" section so as to avoid the confusion from the non-updated pieces of gear. Perhaps something similar to Tyronis3's guide or if you want to go all out you could follow NinjaArabStrategist's Guide. Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying copy them but merely adding the info of which gems you use and what support you provide to them would be of great use to new players. Extra info might include whether or not it's important to add quality or at what levels to start using them.

Thank you for the build guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info