[3.18]Bleed Explosive Arrow Ballista totem| league starter| cheap | 2m+ w starter gear

"
TGillou wrote:
spiritual command
totems are not minions ? why taking that one ?

what about including heavy draw for only 2 points ?

lol we can play explosive arrow lvl 1, popf see difference only on quality

ps
for heist league start chin sol bow is my choice

spiritual command -> just an easy 8% attack speed that was in the range of "Thread of Hope" since the node itself makes you gain attack speed from minion attack speed. But since they moved Glancing blows (which was the main reason for thread of hope) you should drop the thread of hope altogether with this node.

heavy draw -> you have enough of "Increased" so adding more will give minor increases. it is still a dps increase but I personally would add them to life nodes If my attack speed is balanced.

For the gem you can cheaply get lvl1 with 23 quality and that will be your end game gem :)

Last edited by ebadr on Sep 27, 2020, 6:25:55 PM
I did some more reading so i figured it out , on another note one of the alternate qualities for totems is +20% range on the totems , i find it quite nice.
Last edited by Nuerosion on Sep 28, 2020, 3:56:55 AM
"
Nuerosion wrote:
I did some more reading so i figured it out , on another note one of the alternate qualities for totems is +20% range on the totems , i find it quite nice.

are you taking about the alternate quality for explosive arrow that gives 4 more arrows?
"
ebadr wrote:
"
Nuerosion wrote:

are you taking about the alternate quality for explosive arrow that gives 4 more arrows?

Divergent Ballista Totem Support , instead of placement speed you get more range on the totems as the quality effect.
"
Nuerosion wrote:
"
ebadr wrote:
"
Nuerosion wrote:

Divergent Ballista Totem Support , instead of placement speed you get more range on the totems as the quality effect.

Is that the targeting range or the placement range?
targeting range
"
Nuerosion wrote:
targeting range

That would be nice in clearing.
I remember doing this build and getting to red maps with it last league. Was fun. I think it's probably a tad bit stronger due to the new quality skill gems.

Divergent Explosive Arrow adds up to 4 more max arrows (20 to 24 on the target) but has: (0–40)% less Skill Effect Duration too making it's base duration about 0.6 seconds.

It'd probably be feasible to get 24 arrows in 0.6 seconds if there's really a ton of totems in general and enough attack speed even with Ballista Totem's attack speed penalty.
"
reciprocate wrote:
I remember doing this build and getting to red maps with it last league. Was fun. I think it's probably a tad bit stronger due to the new quality skill gems.

Divergent Explosive Arrow adds up to 4 more max arrows (20 to 24 on the target) but has: (0–40)% less Skill Effect Duration too making it's base duration about 0.6 seconds.

It'd probably be feasible to get 24 arrows in 0.6 seconds if there's really a ton of totems in general and enough attack speed even with Ballista Totem's attack speed penalty.

I did look into it and it looks feasible. you can still increase the duration with the enchant and duration nodes on the tree even with the penalty of the gem and invest a bit more into attack speed to get the 24 arrows.
Can someone clear something for me? I run this build adjusted for self attack with Brutality gem and in PoB changing explosive arrow level does not change DPS at all, but number of arrow stacks does, a lot. Why is that? And isnt it better to go for faster attacking bows?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info