[3.12] Radiating Carrion Golems. 90% resistances + 10-20 Mil DPS

Ha ing read through the latest replies there seems to be no verdict on one or two renewal. Anyone knows? Its ranked high as a notable but the full gear pob lists only one.
"
Scarecrow1990 wrote:
Got the 'enemies maimed by you' enchant on my belt, does this count if my minions are inflicting maim? I'd assume not, but wording can be strange in this game.

No, wording is very specific since it says "You" and not your "Minions".
The only belt enchants we benefit from are +300 armour while fortified and if you have phasing, +300 evasion while hasting. Even these one's are really terrible so I wouldn't waste your time with them.

"
Tangman85 wrote:
Ha ing read through the latest replies there seems to be no verdict on one or two renewal. Anyone knows? Its ranked high as a notable but the full gear pob lists only one.

OP's PoB probably just hasn't been able to get a second one or doesn't want to bother with a second one. It does give damage and you should aim towards it. There is no better notable as it gives your minions both life regeneration which is what our build is about and chance to deal double damage.

EDIT: If you read my previous edit, I read the post incorrectly ;/

"
EgoSumNocte wrote:
Can you take a look at my PoB : https://pastebin.com/7PPWNuP8

-I cant use Purity of Lighning with Empower (lvl 3),not enough Life.Also using Self-control from jewel notable otherwise i cant use all auras.My bad was missing 4% reduced mana reserved node from right part of the tree!
-Golems seem to have low dps.(i've read faq but i'm too stupid to work with pob).
-Resistances are not 90%( im missing a couple of effect nodes from jewels thus x2.68 aura effect in pob,those still need fixing)
-Energy Shield is at 6390 at the moment.

Thank you.

Its the best build i've played in terms of single dmg dps on bosses and safety.GJ.

https://pastebin.com/uS8ZiqhA

I fixed your PoB, I turned Pride to maximum value, added modifiers to your amulet that were mentioned in the FAQ and changed some configuration boxes.
I ticked Power and Frenzy Charges, assuming you are atleast using 2 Carnage Chieftain, 1 Host Chieftain.

There are some suggestions I would like to give you in order to make your build better.

In your helmet, you decided to swap maim for Minion Damage and this is a bad idea because Maim makes Enemies Take #% Increased Physical Damage which is calculated on the defence side. This is a decent chunk of damage lost for your carrion golems and a very tiny boost for your zombies.

You should look into getting an abyss jewel for your belt that blinds enemies on hit. Even if the % chance to blind is low, when your minions are slamming against bosses, It is a guaranteed blind which increases your evasion against the enemy.

You've swapped Fortify for Faster Attacks, this is all preference if you want to move faster but lose 20% less damage taken. IMO, you don't need to be that much faster and you should opt for defence.
Last edited by Nuboo on Jul 15, 2020, 10:15:28 AM
For anyone using Curse with X on their Animate Guardian

Unfortunately, There can only be once instance of curse from each person, this includes our Animate Guardian.

If my Animate Guardian with Curse with Lvl 12 Vulnerability On Hit curses an enemy, my Assassin's Mark Curse will completely override that curse making one or the other redundant.

If you get You can apply an additional Curse on any of your Animate Guardian gear, that means the AG can apply two curses but your curse will still override the two curses.

You cannot split up the curses between individuals, it must be all on one person.

If you decide to get Curse on your Animate Guardian, you can just replace your self-curse with something else like the original Clarity aura or an Enduring Cry.
Last edited by Nuboo on Jul 15, 2020, 11:57:29 AM
"
Tangman85 wrote:

The first pob is the lower budget one that shows the state of my character when it completed the atlas and made the guide. The second higher budget pob shows my character later & both my cluster jewels have renewal at that stage.

Renewal is always good as our minions tend to be on full life. Rotton claws is one notable where the second doesn't have as much DPS impact as the first but renewal is always top tier

I just went through and updated all the pastebins to work with the new Path of Building fork update

They moved pride aura effect from the skill gem section to the config tab which is a more reasonable place for it to be. The update also reset everyone's target back to white mobs so that needs to be changed on any saved builds too
Last edited by WaffleT on Jul 15, 2020, 12:36:30 PM
I got 36 challenges today pretty much exclusively with this build, was rather easy in the end. Some of the challenges are intimidating but ultimately farmable.

The winged scarabs challenge is one I see being mentioned as a 'skip' for 36 but I did it within an hour. Buy vivid vultures at about 15c a piece and slap on some fortune buds. With 12 planted I got 9 upgrade chances, hit 7 of those 9 (which was lucky). Also did that with some currency upgrades (two oils, two offerings, 3 engineer orbs) which ultimately covered all costs + more.

On a side note - I can definitely see how people are making mirrors from optimal farm set ups. You could easily make 5 ex per t3 yellow plot, which can be harvested every 10 minutes. Hardest part would be buying materials. As an experiment I spent an hour doing it un-optimally and made 15 exalts. Kicking myself for realising this so late.

Another easy one was Portentia and Shaper for Encounters V. Both are just log out/portal out at the right times and understand the fight mechanics.

Last 4 remaining for me in the end were the Complete Harbinger Encounters (which is easy), Complete Map tiers (finished at 5.5k), Grove Conditionally (only Sacred Suffering left because I stupidly ran into it) and of course the EGG.

If anyone has any questions, hit me up. Otherwise that's me done for the league, enjoy the next few months all.
Final question is why do we need the 200% non curse auras effect? It is to get 90% resistance. I understand that part, or I think I do - However what makes this number so significant?

How would the breakdown be if you went Elementalist, we would lose the shield regen from mid-bottom-right, we would gain so many golems though. I did re-read the description between them multiple times but I still dont understand.
Last edited by Tangman85 on Jul 15, 2020, 2:06:09 PM
"
Nuboo wrote:
For anyone using Curse with X on their Animate Guardian
If you get You can apply an additional Curse on any of your Animate Guardian gear, that means the AG can apply two curses but your curse will still override the two curses.
Just want to recommend getting Windshriek (upgraded Windscream) which increases curse AOE by 60%. Really great for gloves like these
"
Scarecrow1990 wrote:
I got 36 challenges today pretty much exclusively with this build, was rather easy in the end. Some of the challenges are intimidating but ultimately farmable.

Nice, I was rather unmotivated to chase challenges this league so only got the ones that happened automatically. Its a good checklist to motivate people to do things though

"
Tangman85 wrote:
Final question is why do we need the 200% non curse auras effect? It is to get 90% resistance. I understand that part, or I think I do - However what makes this number so significant?

How would the breakdown be if you went Elementalist, we would lose the shield regen from mid-bottom-right, we would gain so many golems though. I did re-read the description between them multiple times but I still dont understand.

Each breakpoint of aura effect that gives you an extra 1% max resistance & 1% attack speed per aura is good extra defense + offense on top of the normal good defense + offense that aura nodes give the build. 200% is just the high end breakpoint that the build is capable of reaching. For a build running this many auras each normal aura node itself is generally better then anything except the absolutely best notables on the tree

I answer the elementalist question in the ascendency section but elemetalist has lower damage (necromancer scales damage per aura) and more importantly drastically lower minion life. Elemental immunity to golems is a fringe benefit when they run out of aura range but our support zombies, spectres and golems will all melt in chaos/physical damage with their life halved so the build wouldn't function

"
Just want to recommend getting Windshriek (upgraded Windscream) which increases curse AOE by 60%. Really great for gloves like these

The +1 curse should work and add the second curse to your guardian's hit. Curse AOE shouldn't though as "curse on hit" is not selfcast so it removes the AOE tag and turns it into a 'only applies to enemies who are hit by applying skill' which is a binary 'was hit' or 'not hit' by the guardian's melee attack
Just wanted to say thank you! I'm cruising through the game quite well thanks to this guide!

One question though - I find that maybe it's because I'm old or something, but I get killed pretty quick in certain situations. Is there a way to leech ES from the golem damage?
Hey!
Im just wondering it is chance to play this build as flame golems?
If yes, can you give me some tips to do that? Gems and other stuff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info