[3.14] LACERMAN BUILD (Fast ClearSpeed + EZ to Play + All Content + Block)

"
_grove_ wrote:
I'm not sure if it's been pointed out before, but while looking at a different build I realised that with a large ring thread of hope you can do this:

Image, sorry I don't know how to embed this

This adds 18% attack speed, a decent chunk of phys/axe damage, 10% impale effect, frees our anointment, and increases our vaal ancestral warchief buff to 150% for better bossing. It also gives extra max rage if you're doing the cluster jewel version of the build.

To spec this I unspecced a jewel socket and 2 life nodes, then anointed discipline and training to get even more life back. Other than spending 60c for a thread and new anoint and the -11% all res, I don't really see any major downside to doing this.

I got rid of the right side of the heath wheel to spec into this due to my level and lacking points. I see you skipped out on some other damage points that I have (specifically relating to rage) and I also took the resistance nodes. My pob damage is up to 4.8M now from 4M and I only lost like 100 life. Worth to me. Thanks.
Heya!

First of all I would like to thank you for this amazing guide. The way the build plays is very satisfying.

I have some 'trouble' with the build and with the game in general.
I've been playing PoE for a few hundred hours now and I have no problem leveling a build or reach level 90ish. I have a problem, however, knowing what my next big upgrade is, how to make currency efficiently and how to make my character stop dying (just to give a few examples). Should I build more defenses? Should I get more DPS? <- Those are common questions when I play the game, but I can't seem to figure them out. I play this game solo and I don't know anyone in the game to ask my questions to. So I figured I might give this forum a try! :p

I've been thoroughly enjoying your build, but it seems I'm hitting a brick wall every time I get to this point in the game. Would you mind taking a look at my character (UnoLacerate) and give me some advice on what I should upgrade next? What to focus on etc? I've tried running a lvl 80 heist/tier 15-16 redmaps but I can't help getting oneshot randomly. (I don't mind getting oneshot, If I can learn from my mistakes and get better at the game.)

Thanks in advance and keep up the amazing work!

King regards,

Sable140
Hello!

First of all I want to thank you for making this build guide - I have skipped a few leagues, made my comeback in Heist with this build and I'm seriously considering going to 100 (would be my first) with it!

That being said I wanted to ask a quick question - Would changing the ascendancy to Slayer be worth it? We lose the explosions, which is pretty huge, but I feel like I'd get a lot more DPS, leech, and would be able to run reflect maps (I was thinking Bane of Legends and Brutal Fervour). If the tree would have to be changed, I'd appreciate some help with that as well. Sorry if it's a stupid question, I don't really do builds, just follow guides and change them a little to my liking :D.

Would also appreciate if you could take a quick look at my POB and recommend some gear improvements - I think my gear is pretty good, but I can see it being better definitely. https://pastebin.com/B5NDCjvz

Thanks for this build again!
Last edited by PajWoj on Oct 26, 2020, 7:50:08 PM
Something else I just found out: if you can't find or afford a really top tier Belly corruption like +1 all gems, +2 aoe gems also works great since it tags lacerate, and probably won't be crazy expensive if it shows up.

This only cost 270c and adds a nice chunk of damage and defence. If you can find one like this either single/double corrupt, especially with a better life roll, I recommend it.
I was following a different Lacerate Guardian build but lately I'm getting stuck on damage and would like to boost it.
However, that guide was using axe + Lyoneye's remorse.
It gives me alot of tankiness but I'm feeling that it drops my dps alot.

Right now I'm not sure if switching over to this build would be the best idea.
I do have a 545 pdps axe. Also have a steel ring with curse vulnerability on hit. Seems like I have most of the core items except soul taker and perhaps a different amulet.
Would getting a 2nd axe really boost my dps that much? (granted I switch over my shield nodes for dual wield/axe nodes).

I also crafted my own axe with 425 pdps including 60% chance for bleeding o deal double damage but I sold it 2 weeks ago for 59 ex. Thinking back, I guess I lost a lot since it's worth much more now.
@Everyone: I have some good news. You don't need to create an account to be able to post Pob links on pastebin anymore. You can upload as guest, it's fixed.

I've done my work on alternate quality gems and also replica uniques, and only added Divergent Fortify to the list in League Specific Info in second message. There were some I skipped like Anomalous Enhance Support for example, which reduces dexterity requirement of linked gems but lv4 is really low in availability and high prices, getting some lv3 and corrupting again results in high prices to get to lv4. However, you can use it if needed. There were also a couple I skipped(like Divergent Melee Phys. Damage and Divergent Brutality supports which are better on Awakened versions).

I still couldn't check _grove_'s recommendation on Pob, but I will be checking it in coming days when my working schedule gets less busy hopefully.

"
sable140 wrote:
Heya!

First of all I would like to thank you for this amazing guide. The way the build plays is very satisfying.

I have some 'trouble' with the build and with the game in general.
I've been playing PoE for a few hundred hours now and I have no problem leveling a build or reach level 90ish. I have a problem, however, knowing what my next big upgrade is, how to make currency efficiently and how to make my character stop dying (just to give a few examples). Should I build more defenses? Should I get more DPS? <- Those are common questions when I play the game, but I can't seem to figure them out. I play this game solo and I don't know anyone in the game to ask my questions to. So I figured I might give this forum a try! :p

I've been thoroughly enjoying your build, but it seems I'm hitting a brick wall every time I get to this point in the game. Would you mind taking a look at my character (UnoLacerate) and give me some advice on what I should upgrade next? What to focus on etc? I've tried running a lvl 80 heist/tier 15-16 redmaps but I can't help getting oneshot randomly. (I don't mind getting oneshot, If I can learn from my mistakes and get better at the game.)

Thanks in advance and keep up the amazing work!

King regards,

Sable140

Hi. Thanks for your nice words! You have 1.68m DPS and 5.6k life at the moment. DPS is good, life is also not bad but can be improved to stop the one shots. I think it's your first league if you haven't deleted characters on standard before. First league is always hard in this game. Like I've played many aRPG games before, but this one just hit me like a wall when I first started. But improved fast with practice. I suggest adopting a kind of a ranged playstyle first because lacerate has a long range, you can use that to your advantage. Also while escaping heists, I suggest only leap slamming and not killing anything unless there are traps where there won't be many monsters. Leap slam stuns full life enemies for a short duration, making our escapes in heists really easy because we don't need to deal with any of the heavy hitting guys waiting after doors(later on with more DPS and life, you can kill all monsters while escaping if you like). Also, for making currency efficiently, you can check League Specific Info section in 2nd message on this thread. Hope these will help. Now let's upgrade your gear to Required Gear stats to make things even easier. Level to 91 and get a jewel on jewel socket below Berserking(1.73m DPS, 5.7k life), change Ring 2 with a steel ring, use abrasive catalysts on it and also craft %16 Increased Damage(1.88m), level to 92 and add another jewel on cluster jewel(1.94m DPS, 5.9k life), craft +55 life on amulet, get a weapon with 430pDPS+(2.07m), get Spiked Gloves with %15 Attack Speed and more life(2.09m DPS, 6.0k life), meanwhile doing these upgrades buy/craft a helm with lab enchant and add boot enchant to boots and also make gems 20-20(2.48m DPS, 6.0k life). Pretty close to Required Gear stats now. Good luck upgrading! Here's the Pob link:

https://pastebin.com/VEMKM3nz

"
PajWoj wrote:
Hello!

First of all I want to thank you for making this build guide - I have skipped a few leagues, made my comeback in Heist with this build and I'm seriously considering going to 100 (would be my first) with it!

That being said I wanted to ask a quick question - Would changing the ascendancy to Slayer be worth it? We lose the explosions, which is pretty huge, but I feel like I'd get a lot more DPS, leech, and would be able to run reflect maps (I was thinking Bane of Legends and Brutal Fervour). If the tree would have to be changed, I'd appreciate some help with that as well. Sorry if it's a stupid question, I don't really do builds, just follow guides and change them a little to my liking :D.

Would also appreciate if you could take a quick look at my POB and recommend some gear improvements - I think my gear is pretty good, but I can see it being better definitely. https://pastebin.com/B5NDCjvz

Thanks for this build again!

Hi. When I test the change to Slayer on Meta Gear, build loses %3.6 DPS, which is not really a problem, also boss DPS increases on Slayer. Explosions are gone, but can be replaced with an explody chest(but there life will lower which is not good imo[we need life], and also cost will increase). Main problem here is Arena Challenger ascendancy is really hard to replace and will lower clear speed by an important amount. Bane of Legends' attack speed bonus is nice, but can't be stacked so it's %20 more vs. %10 increased. Here wording "more" on Arena Challenger vs. "increased" on Bane of Legends makes a lot of difference as well(because of lots of increased we have combining with more there). Brutal Fervour's leech effects not removed at full life is good to have, but we also lose frenzy and more importantly endurance charges, but will still be able to generate endurance charges on bosses thanks to Inexorable, but I see that you didn't pick it. Phys. Reflect maps are also doable with sextants btw and not too hard to roll. It's more of a choice I think, but I'd stay on Gladiator. Btw when I do different builds, I also change them a little to my liking:) Let's upgrade your gear now. You have 3.95m DPS and 5.5k life at the moment. DPS is pretty good, but life needs some increasing. But let's increase both, life first. I'd start by removing Harvester of Foes to be able to get jewels to cluster sockets, added x2 4-mod jewels, also got Drive The Destruction(3.85m DPS and 5.8k life). Then removed Gladiator's Perseverance(since you have Feed The Fury on cluster to replace it) and added 3 life nodes(3.60m DPS, 6.0k life). Now we need to improve DPS. Get a Watcher's Eye in place of one of the 4-mod jewels(4.09m), corrupt Soul Taker to %30 quality with beastcrafting or do hillock on transportation on Syndicate for %28 quality if going to double corrupt later(4.13m DPS), get a Vulnerability on hit ring by also having Dexterity on it and change it with one of your rings and also change Vulnerability on CWDT with Increased Duration(4.18m DPS + perma Vulnerability which will do much better than being on CWDT), get Meta Gear cluster jewel(4.60m), make all gems 20-20(impale 21-20, Pride 20-23 and Default quality because we need the aoe, Vaal ancestral being 21-23 and it's supports 21-20, Blood and Sand lv7 and also Default quality because divergent one only supports spells) and also add Awakened Melee Physical Damage and Awakened Brutality(5.62m), change Oblivion Joy with a 4-mod double damage jewel and increase all crafted %Increased Damage on rings and belt to %20(5.73m DPS, 6.0k life). You have close life to Required Gear with 0.7m higher DPS than Meta Gear at the moment. Good luck upgrading! Here's the Pob link:

https://pastebin.com/NteiQtut

"
_grove_ wrote:
Something else I just found out: if you can't find or afford a really top tier Belly corruption like +1 all gems, +2 aoe gems also works great since it tags lacerate, and probably won't be crazy expensive if it shows up.

This only cost 270c and adds a nice chunk of damage and defence. If you can find one like this either single/double corrupt, especially with a better life roll, I recommend it.

Added to the guide, thanks! Btw I suggest double corrupting Bellies instead of buying them corrupted since we have 3 useful mods we can get at the moment(there is also %Increased Damage).

"
I was following a different Lacerate Guardian build but lately I'm getting stuck on damage and would like to boost it.

I do have a 545 pdps axe. Also have a steel ring with curse vulnerability on hit. Seems like I have most of the core items except soul taker and perhaps a different amulet.
Would getting a 2nd axe really boost my dps that much? (granted I switch over my shield nodes for dual wield/axe nodes).

I also crafted my own axe with 425 pdps including 60% chance for bleeding o deal double damage but I sold it 2 weeks ago for 59 ex. Thinking back, I guess I lost a lot since it's worth much more now.

Hi. You can calculate the switch on Pob. Let's change your character to Lacerman build and see what will happen(I think you meant Gladiator by Guardian there as I see your character is Gladiator). You have 2.71m DPS and 7.2k life at the moment. After the change, you have 4.09m DPS and 5.9k(almost 6.0k) life, also your block chance on attacks reduces from %46 to %29 and physical damage reduction increases from %83 to %87. Here life is lower, but you get Blood of The Karui as second life flask to compensate(Please check Running The Build section in guide for use of these 2 life flasks in conjunction). By only looking at these stats, I can say that it's more of a preference here. But also, Lacerate is a skill that needs high DPS to be able to do endgame bosses fast and efficiently. Here's the switched Pob link on your gear if interested:

https://pastebin.com/U0gpX9M0
𝐀 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠❢ 𝐡𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐬://𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭.𝐧𝐞𝐭 🪽
𝐌𝐲 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝: /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟒𝟖𝟑𝟔𝟔𝟓
𝐌𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 (𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝑺𝒐𝒐𝒏): /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟐𝟔𝟑𝟗𝟎𝟔
𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧/𝐋𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝 | 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝: 𝐩𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝟓-𝟔-𝟕-𝟗 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 #𝟏𝟐: /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟒𝟒𝟕𝟓𝟕𝟑
"
PegasusRideR wrote:

"

Hi. You can calculate the switch on Pob. Let's change your character to Lacerman build and see what will happen(I think you meant Gladiator by Guardian there as I see your character is Gladiator). You have 2.71m DPS and 7.2k life at the moment. After the change, you have 4.09m DPS and 5.9k(almost 6.0k) life, also your block chance on attacks reduces from %46 to %29 and physical damage reduction increases from %83 to %87. Here life is lower, but you get Blood of The Karui as second life flask to compensate(Please check Running The Build section in guide for use of these 2 life flasks in conjunction). By only looking at these stats, I can say that it's more of a preference here. But also, Lacerate is a skill that needs high DPS to be able to do endgame bosses fast and efficiently. Here's the switched Pob link on your gear if interested:

https://pastebin.com/U0gpX9M0

Thank you for your hard work. You put a lot of effort in on helping people.
It's greatly appreciated and makes a lot of people happy. I'll be completely switching over to your build.

One last question. I just crafted this axe:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/z8zwKwKI4
It has 60% chance for bleed to do 100% damage and culling strike, along with a total of 434 pdps. It could probably get to 450-460 ish if I can get a phys mod implicit.
According to POB, my bleed damage will go up significantly (+22%) but all my other damages will go down by 8%. Is culling strike that powerful?
Hello!

Thanks for the build guide!

I haven't been playing for a few leagues and I used to play slower builds so this is a breath of fresh air as to how fast the clear speed is.

I think I'm lacking some single-target DPS, but I'm not which pieces of my gear, I should upgrade. Conqueror's and Metamorphs blast me to death pretty often :D. If it's not too much trouble could you please check the character Bujb and give some tips.

Thanks in advance!

-Kermo
Has anyone made a variant for this build setup with a pride aul's? It seems like a natural lategame option, so I've been playing around with different specs in pob and in my setup at least, it looks like with herald of purity and flesh and stone added it's possible to reach over 4.9m sdps (blood stance) without even having to spec for berserk. Is there a more potentially useful aura setup than this though? Using the free mana for something like haste looks like complete ass, except perhaps for zooming through contracts slightly faster.

If anyone wants to mess with it themselves, here's my poorly configured test pob with aul's and some auras here: https://pastebin.com/6WAuKNRc

Edit: bought an aul's and specced herald of purity + flesh and stone to try it out for real. Iz gud, the increased damage effect stacking on maim makes boss DPS feel way better particularly. Recommended if you feel like bosses are taking too long to phase.
Last edited by _grove_ on Oct 30, 2020, 11:10:18 AM
@Everyone: Just added Thread of Hope recommended by _grove_ to the build. Required Gear DPS increased by %21.6, Meta Gear by %19.8, with 0.1k life loss each! Our anointment is also changed, now it's Discipline and Training. You might also want to check passive trees on Pob as I did some changes there to fit Thread of Hope in. With this huge DPS increase, bosses are going to melt much faster now, also real endgame stuff like Simulacrum and %100 delirious maps will be doable by a wider range of players than before. Also, Required Gear will perform much better and hopefully less players will have problem with A8 Sirus having Required Gear stats from now on. Happy Lacerating!

More updates are on the way!

"
Thank you for your hard work. You put a lot of effort in on helping people.
It's greatly appreciated and makes a lot of people happy. I'll be completely switching over to your build.

One last question. I just crafted this axe:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/z8zwKwKI4
It has 60% chance for bleed to do 100% damage and culling strike, along with a total of 434 pdps. It could probably get to 450-460 ish if I can get a phys mod implicit.
According to POB, my bleed damage will go up significantly (+22%) but all my other damages will go down by 8%. Is culling strike that powerful?

Thanks for your nice words! I'm not sure but I think Culling Strike is not calculated on Pob, but it's really powerful. You can think of it as a direct %10 DPS increase. Our bleed damage is really low, it's just there with %100 Bleed Chance to trigger bleed explosions with Gratuitous Violence ascendancy combined. Our DPS is mostly initial hit with lots of impale. So first bleed mod will not work(will give really low improvement). You have a 492pDPS axe there, if you lose %8 damage, which is a lot, I'd try to get higher pDPS with the culling strike mod.

"
kermo wrote:
Hello!

Thanks for the build guide!

I haven't been playing for a few leagues and I used to play slower builds so this is a breath of fresh air as to how fast the clear speed is.

I think I'm lacking some single-target DPS, but I'm not which pieces of my gear, I should upgrade. Conqueror's and Metamorphs blast me to death pretty often :D. If it's not too much trouble could you please check the character Bujb and give some tips.

Thanks in advance!

-Kermo

Hi. You have 2.23m DPS and 6.1k life, which are both good enough for Conquerors and also Metamorphs on high tier maps. Let's upgrade your gear so everything will become easier. Get Required Gear cluster jewel(2.27m), get Thread of Hope and change passive tree as I did and anoint Discipline and Training on amulet(2.77m DPS, 6.0k life), get 3-mod jewels having attack speed(2.84m), craft %16 Increased Damage on both rings(2.85m), get a better Lion's Roar(2.90m), make gems 20-20(3.06m and 6.0k life). Now you're close to new increased Required Gear DPS today and have the same life. Good luck upgrading and here's the Pob link:

https://pastebin.com/9wvk4FUU

Also if you can get boots with a free suffix you can add "Non-Vaal skills deal %60 increased damage during soul gain prevention" crafted mod, that will help on bosses.

"
_grove_ wrote:
Has anyone made a variant for this build setup with a pride aul's? It seems like a natural lategame option, so I've been playing around with different specs in pob and in my setup at least, it looks like with herald of purity and flesh and stone added it's possible to reach over 4.9m sdps (blood stance) without even having to spec for berserk. Is there a more potentially useful aura setup than this though? Using the free mana for something like haste looks like complete ass, except perhaps for zooming through contracts slightly faster.

If anyone wants to mess with it themselves, here's my poorly configured test pob with aul's and some auras here: https://pastebin.com/6WAuKNRc

Edit: bought an aul's and specced herald of purity + flesh and stone to try it out for real. Iz gud, the increased damage effect stacking on maim makes boss DPS feel way better particularly. Recommended if you feel like bosses are taking too long to phase.

Thanks for the idea! Problem here is resists were overcappable easily on Meta Gear setup but after Thread of Hope update, it became a little harder to overcap them, but still doable no problem. Aul's Uprising will make it more difficult. Also increases cost a lot. For these reasons I couldn't add it to Meta Gear. But I'll think of what I can do with this. Maybe I will add it as an option to further upgrade gear under a new part called "Further Upgrades" and put it there, with some more stuff I was planning to add like that.
𝐀 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠❢ 𝐡𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐬://𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭.𝐧𝐞𝐭 🪽
𝐌𝐲 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝: /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟒𝟖𝟑𝟔𝟔𝟓
𝐌𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 (𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝑺𝒐𝒐𝒏): /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟐𝟔𝟑𝟗𝟎𝟔
𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧/𝐋𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝 | 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝: 𝐩𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝟓-𝟔-𝟕-𝟗 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 #𝟏𝟐: /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟒𝟒𝟕𝟓𝟕𝟑
Last edited by PegasusRideR on Oct 30, 2020, 3:35:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info