Announcing Path of Exile: Harvest

So many negative comments. New harvest support skins do not look harvesty so that is a point. I really liked Betrayal and synthesis leagues so Im expecting this league to fit me better than recent leagues.
Sim Farm?
Plant vs Zombies?
Farmer simulator?

Still waiting for it like.....hell.
"
I agree with the people that posted the game has gotten out of control fast. It is broken, and needs a major rework.

The trailers for POE 2.0 look awesome.
Ummmm, you do realize that poe 4.0 (lets be real its not poe2) is just 5 hours of moar acts........... MOAR acts, then its back to the normal poe game of bloat and bugs and [removed by player].

I see wot i did there, no need to upvote.
Formally [Removed by Support] as my STANDARD map stash got frakked
Last edited by BFGjstVnQr on Jun 3, 2020, 5:05:20 PM
"
BFGjstVnQr wrote:
Ummmm, you do realize that poe 4.0 (lets be real its not poe2) is just 5 hours of moar acts........... MOAR acts, then its back to the normal poe game of bloat and bugs and [removed by player].

I see wot i did there, no need to upvote.

Yes, I do realize that "no change" is the likely outcome. I even mention it in my post that it is unlikely to change. It is important that the developers know that the ever increasing speed of the game is turning some people off. Hence why a lot of players didn't like Delirium.

It is not impossible in POE 2 or 4.0 for damage, effective HP, recovery, leech, etc. to have the stats adjusted to bring the game back to a sensible speed again. I only used the above example to show that the developers think the game looks most attractive when it looks interactive like in the trailers. You don't see a lot of trailers showing a screen wide explosion of dead monsters and the player warping to the edge of the screen to set off another explosion. Why? Because it looks terrible. It is not a good gaming experience. And sadly, game play has felt that way to me for quite a while. But it just keeps getting worse and worse. The versatility of build design has kept me attached to POE, but alas the game itself just doesn't feel good at this speed.

They could make POE encounters work so that it takes 4-5 seconds, several attacks, aiming, tactics, different skills, and some maneuver to clear a screen full of enemies. That is how the game looks and plays best, hence the trailers. I just hope GGG is listening, and tries to deliver the game they are promoting. Because, I don't feel like I am playing the same game they are showing off in the trailers any more.

I want to thank GGG for a great game. The amount of content they give us is unreal and I enjoy most all of it, even if I have my criticisms.
Last edited by Lord_Drakken on Jun 3, 2020, 5:40:24 PM
"
It seems like GGG just can't find the proper balance, it's always on the extreme ends.

You get either super fast zoom-zoom league like Delirium or extremely slow, boring and overcomplicated micromanagement like Synthesis and now Harvest.

Same with loot. You either get massive loot explosions like Legion or some tedious and obnoxious mega crafting like Synthesis (what a coincidence!) and now Harvest. Not to mention that the promises of "extreme crafting that will break the game" are pretty much useless since we all know that this part of the crafting will be accessible to some 0,1% of the players (that's generous).

Well said. You forgot to mention that the uber-crafting will get nerfed like 1-2 weeks into the league start.. So the 0.1% of players who make items like the triple-conquerer-mod boots get to keep them after they make them, and no one else will be able to make them ever again since it'll be capped to 2 conqueror mods after the nerf patch because they were too "godly". Yay for us non 0.1% top player peasants!

Overall, the new content looks cool, but this also looks like a slow league where we'll want to skip all Harvest content until we get to maps since A) It'll slow down getting to maps too much, and B) The crafting will be kind of useless until you have ilvl 80+ items at least.

I enjoyed the faster leagues the most like Legion or Betrayal, where you don't have to go into a portal to a separate zone in order to strategize a setup, then after completing it, go back to town to grab gear to do crafting on afterwards as your reward.

That really breaks the pace of an Action-RPG. Just sayin'.

The addition of Vulkan leaving beta is the most exciting thing to me this league. XD
Last edited by dizz on Jun 3, 2020, 6:08:27 PM
We need Path of Exile:Master Chef for next league.
Or at least Wraeclast's next top model.
"
dizz wrote:
Well said. You forgot to mention that the uber-crafting will get nerfed like 1-2 weeks into the league start.. So the 0.1% of players who make items like the triple-conquerer-mod boots get to keep them after they make them, and no one else will be able to make them ever again since it'll be capped to 2 conqueror mods after the nerf patch because they were too "godly". Yay for us non 0.1% top player peasants!
EXACTLY this, and why none of my friends will play anymore and why i no longer 'support' until I get my:
Synthesis onslaught boots
Elusive Synthesis onslaught boots
Cassia enchanted rare boots, helms, main body etc
5 white main body 6 link explodie chest

etc etc etc. So soooooo many broken exploits that the 0.1% no lifers got to abuse.

I just don't see how the game can last until poe2. We're not attracting any new players because the game is so bloated and broken, and its not like the old players need any more tabs they can't upgrade to quads.
If you can't handle the truth, just delete the forum post - Precious Flower
"
Ringx wrote:
I just don't see how the game can last until poe2. We're not attracting any new players because the game is so bloated and broken, and its not like the old players need any more tabs they can't upgrade to quads.

get onto global and you'll quickly mute it. New players and their newb questions are coming in droves.

But yes, poe is bloatware. The atlas is just annoying, repetitive (awaken0) and rng based (spawning conqs), the game is only fun upto act10. GGG needs to focus on what sucks in the core game and reframe from spewing out junk leagues like zoom zoom fog-incompatible-map Deli.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Last edited by DreadLordAvatar on Jun 3, 2020, 8:12:52 PM
"
Bluemouse2 wrote:

As for the people complaining...

Check out the characters of the players complaining. A majority of them run 3+ life/mana flasks, terrible gear/gems/passives and still have the audacity to try and complain about how the new league mechanic sucks.

They don't even understand how to build a character or too headstrong to follow one, yet the mechanic they saw a few minutes of in a trailer is shit.

With the greatest of respect, I would advise you follow your own initial advice here.
You shoot yourself in the foot by making statements like that, as you obviously haven't actually looked at more than a couple yourself.
I loved Path of Exile.
I do not love Path of RNG.
Bloom gives me migraines, the over usage of darkness strains my eyes.
Save our game, remove all of the constant RNG and allow us to turn off Bloom or give us an in game brightness control!
"
Wissle wrote:
Why is there so much
"
[Removed by Support]
all over the the thread? What exactly are they removing?
Insults? Cussing?

Having read every page of this thread, and also having a couple of those tags in my initial posts I can honestly say that I have yet to see any of those Quotes contained within the posts of the people attacking anyone with a negative expressed opinion. All of these "removed"s have exclusively been on one side of this "debate". That in itself tells its own story.

Knights can only wear white in here. Batman beware... (obscure reference, I know)
I loved Path of Exile.
I do not love Path of RNG.
Bloom gives me migraines, the over usage of darkness strains my eyes.
Save our game, remove all of the constant RNG and allow us to turn off Bloom or give us an in game brightness control!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info