Announcing Path of Exile: Harvest

"
Tetsujinn123 wrote:
All the people I see complaining are the ones that don`t even play the game 5-10 challenges where you do 15 if you play 3 hours a day for a week .

Go back to your corners tbh and let the rest of us enjoy and explore all the new things happening.

You don't see them because they were all removed at the beginning of the thread. This league is garbage with tons of micromanagement.

Don't think you're special because you hit 40 challenges. It's not like it was very hard.
I really don't get the whole league skipping thing. Don't like the league mechanic then by all means skip the mechanic. But skip new skills, new items, new skill tree and so on. Really? Skills, items and tree are the heart of the game not the league mechanic. I detested Synthesis but played whole league. Loved breach as a mechanic but the Cast While Channeling skill gem was also great as it added more build variety. Disliked Betrayal (stupid intervention game crashes) but kept playing for new uniques like Cinderswallow Urn and Paradoxica made it worth playing. Plus Betrayal added impale gem and tons of skill tree mods.

Saying your skipping before you even play it is kind of lame. How about growing a pair and trying out a new league and see if you like it or hate it based on actual gameplay and not because you watched a trailer.
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
DS_Deadman wrote:
Wow they are deleting posts. Interesting, the opinion posts were not attacking and getting deleted just because they don't have an opinion that GGG likes? Wow.

Yeah, this is a new development over the past couple weeks/months.

I see it as a watershed moment for the company (and not in a good way), though I doubt many others recognize it as such, and I expect it will soon be taken for granted and people will forget the days GGG welcomed (well, at least permitted) all feedback, even feedback that calls them out on their mistakes and flaws.

That is sad. Unless it uses abusive text, it should be allowed. Game companies should want it's community to express what it likes and more importantly what it does not like. It is the best way to properly plan for the future. I get it if they are using abusive language, and I am sure some did. However the specific ones I noticed absolutely did not.

I can guess where this is really coming from, but since I don't want to get permantntly banned I won't say it.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
"
Ashriel wrote:
Enchants not addressed properly at a BASE level after years of new skills - instead, we have multiple NEW uber labs. Way to double down on one of the worst aspects of the game.

No like-pickup, no loot 2.0, despite years of talk (and other games including the Chinese client that do it better already). Instead, we get more stacks and more garbage, more splinters, more declining wrist health. Gee, thanks, I can't wait to click a billion more times.

Crafting clearly still catered to top 0.01% and another very anti-casual league. Rejoice, nolifers.

Still have to painfully level through the story. Again, and again. And again. The league mechanic and uniques will never, ever help mitigate this tedium.

Why would we want to play the interesting stuff - new items, skill changes, passives, keystones, unique reworks - when so much else is staying the same, and there's so much bloat still around the edges? You're "breaking" the game with forced-engagement crafting that will be better than ever... but who cares?

It's looking more and more like PoE 2 is going to be too late, and the actual important things have been put on the backburner. We should have gotten Vulkan years ago. We should have had a loot overhaul years ago. We should have never had the AoE nerf. We should have gotten new character models (which honestly don't look that great at all from Exilecon footage) in 2015. What year is it again? I used to think about taking off work for this game... now, you HAVE to, just to invest in one. Single. Character.

This. Exactly this.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
"
Maelstromicus wrote:
"
Haverhill wrote:
Yet ANOTHER crafting system in the game. How many do we have now, 5?

Wouldn't it be nice if they actually combined all of this residual flotsam and jetsam of content into a UNIFIED crafting system - where each of the legacy systems were reconfigured to support different aspects of that new system?

As it stands now, you can farm each of the disparate systems, but once you've achieved whatever goals you had for that system, you've got a bunch of crap you no longer need, then you have to start farming the next crafting domain. To eventually gather things you'll eventually not need.

Yes, you can trade away some things, but that leads to even more time NOT playing the game. There's too much time wasted in the meta-game already.

GGG should be looking for ways to cut wasted time - not making that problem worse.

This is akin to what I posted very early on.

I am praying for a new league that has only one purpose, a consolidation of content (old craftings, currencies, etc etc), an optimisation of that content (revamping premium tabs to contain all the plethora of currencies we are inundated with), proper performance tweaks and fixes, and finally a proper mathematical balancing complete with a removal of most of the daft invisible ground effects.

In short, a temp league with ZERO NEW CONTENT, maybe a theme from a popular previous league; but more focused on stabilising and fixing what we already have. At the moment, every play session feels like stepping foot in the Leaning Tower of Piza. The higher up you fo towards end game, the more is seems like it's all about to topple over.

I couldn't agree more! GGG seems to be only interested in providing content aimed at the full-time gamers (but TBH, they're probably the only ones willing to pay $30 for a fancy portal effect), at the expense of the people who don't have 40 hours a week to dedicate to the game. The learning curve on this game starts ridiculously high, and grows even more with the release of each new league.

Personally, I love the questing part of the game. End game gets stale for me pretty quickly. It's OK with me if they added 100 mini/optional quests, as it would breathe a lot of life to the game without too much extra effort. I mean, c'mon - there's more to life than grinding endless maps for marginally-improved items...
looks mhe... i fuckin hate crafting. iam casual player and iam always very unlucky with crafting. it is super unrewarding. it takes sooo much currency to craft anything decent from ground up. you might end up with absolute garbage after spending many time with whatever crafting methods and waste a shitload of currency.
"
Drakaris wrote:
It seems like GGG just can't find the proper balance, it's always on the extreme ends.

You get either super fast zoom-zoom league like Delirium or extremely slow, boring and overcomplicated micromanagement like Synthesis and now Harvest.

Same with loot. You either get massive loot explosions like Legion or some tedious and obnoxious mega crafting like Synthesis (what a coincidence!) and now Harvest. Not to mention that the promises of "extreme crafting that will break the game" are pretty much useless since we all know that this part of the crafting will be accessible to some 0,1% of the players (that's generous).

Once again we hit the complete lack of balance between the very small amount of extremely hardcore players against the rest "normal" players who for some reasons the elitists call "casuals" because they play "only" like 6-8 hours a day, that's considered casual for some reason, damn normies. Getting so sick of this stupid forced division between "casuals" and "hardcores" and this overwhelming focus of the game around the top 0,1% of the top 0,1% of players every single goddamn league... What's the point of designing new leagues when most of the people will never even see most of the new content? This is not a MMO with persistent world where the content is always available and some people will see it sooner, others later. This is a limited event and then the content is gone or the chances to encounter it in the new league are reduced so much that if you didn't manage to do the content in the previous league, good luck doing it in the next. You're not an MMO so stop acting like one.

Oh, and one more thing. STOP with the damn minigames. If I want to play Factorio, I will go play Factorio. If I want to play a tower defense, guess what - I will go play a tower defense game. I know, right, what a strange idea. I'm playing PoE because I love ARPGs. "A" standing for "Action". And it may come as a complete surprise to you but managing a farm is not "action" (IKR?).

Also these type of games are called "looters" for a reason. Because... people like to "loot" stuff after killing stuff (I know, right, another revolutionary concept). Not waste time growing fruits and vegetables in the hope that after 1000 hours in the league I will hit that uber mega meta craft mode and paste a useless screenshot of 5 mirrors meta crafted item on Reddit.

100% correct, and it must really hurt too after having spent all that money knowing they are going to completely ignore you. After all, if they wanted our input they'd have included us in the brainstorming phase.

This game is perpetually early access and et they NEVER consult the community. The whole model is press tours and surprise reveals. No wonder they get it wrong every damn time. They literally don't care what anyone thinks. People that have heavily invested? Screw you we already got our money says GGG. Haven't invested hardly anything? Screw you permapoor, maybe start paying us says GGG.

This game is pay to win in the most high dollar way imaginable.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
"
IQof3 wrote:
I hate crafting. I'll be skipping this league. Reminds me of the essence league. Still have not used a single essence or a fossil.

I also don't want to start another atlas. The awakening bonuses made it way to much of a grind for a new league.

+1 absolutely i feel the same. how many different grafting methods do we need :/ does anyone still use that essence crap? crafing in this game sucks big time.
yes, GGG should focus on improving the existing game, particularly the atlas which is an unfun rng mess. The awaken maps are also annoying and seem to have been thrown in just to make the experience unnecessarily drawn out.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Last edited by DreadLordAvatar on Jun 3, 2020, 1:59:01 PM
"
Drakaris wrote:
It seems like GGG just can't find the proper balance, it's always on the extreme ends.

You get either super fast zoom-zoom league like Delirium or extremely slow, boring and overcomplicated micromanagement like Synthesis and now Harvest.

Same with loot. You either get massive loot explosions like Legion or some tedious and obnoxious mega crafting like Synthesis (what a coincidence!) and now Harvest. Not to mention that the promises of "extreme crafting that will break the game" are pretty much useless since we all know that this part of the crafting will be accessible to some 0,1% of the players (that's generous).

Once again we hit the complete lack of balance between the very small amount of extremely hardcore players against the rest "normal" players who for some reasons the elitists call "casuals" because they play "only" like 6-8 hours a day, that's considered casual for some reason, damn normies. Getting so sick of this stupid forced division between "casuals" and "hardcores" and this overwhelming focus of the game around the top 0,1% of the top 0,1% of players every single goddamn league... What's the point of designing new leagues when most of the people will never even see most of the new content? This is not a MMO with persistent world where the content is always available and some people will see it sooner, others later. This is a limited event and then the content is gone or the chances to encounter it in the new league are reduced so much that if you didn't manage to do the content in the previous league, good luck doing it in the next. You're not an MMO so stop acting like one.

Oh, and one more thing. STOP with the damn minigames. If I want to play Factorio, I will go play Factorio. If I want to play a tower defense, guess what - I will go play a tower defense game. I know, right, what a strange idea. I'm playing PoE because I love ARPGs. "A" standing for "Action". And it may come as a complete surprise to you but managing a farm is not "action" (IKR?).

Also these type of games are called "looters" for a reason. Because... people like to "loot" stuff after killing stuff (I know, right, another revolutionary concept). Not waste time growing fruits and vegetables in the hope that after 1000 hours in the league I will hit that uber mega meta craft mode and paste a useless screenshot of 5 mirrors meta crafted item on Reddit.

YES! well sayd!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info