Announcing Path of Exile: Harvest

"
KopaKabana wrote:
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
So many people complaining that this league is crafting-oriented.
Well, I've been playing the last few leagues by completely ignoring crafting (Delve, Synthesis, and so on) because crafting is just for the rich guys.
My chars are using good basic gear : lots of life and resistances, and that's just enough to complete the whole game.
Because you CAN craft doesn't mean you HAVE TO or you NEED TO.
I just hope that the league mechanics won't force players to craft at some point, for example with ridiculous "challenges" that would be just wealth-checks, or too highly RNG-gated.

you left out the part where chris said that they heavily nerfed the drop rates on good items, just to force ppl into crafting.
You left that part out intentionally or ...? Its all on video, pal.

They did that? Damn. That explains so much, it seems like every rare I pick up is garbage
I dont know how to react anymore. I understand that diversity is hard to do after so many leagues but its just same content with another touch of purple and its quite boring to see. Ive been a member since 2012 and ive skipped the leagues i find boring and dumb (pokemon leagues).

The bad part that is new to the new leagues is that after 1-2 weeks leagues TOTALLY dies.

Ive always supported GGG with buying packs when they do something great. Last 2-3 leagues ive skipped for obvious reasons and im sad that i have to skip ANOTHER league and wont support you guys yet again.

I hope POE 2 gets back that fun element that is missing. Like the old POE had.

My 2 cents
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
I don´t know, it looks super complicated to me, just like Fossil crafting and Synthesis.

You must study guides to even have a chance on something nice, so that you are forced to spend a lot of time outside of the game, researching.

I prefer leagues where I can learn everything inside the game, such as Blight.

It also looks like Metamorph or Synthesis in regards of time spent, you must play many maps before you can actually do the league mechanic. At Blight I had the mechanic on each map.

What I also miss are changes for summoners, it´s really about time. So much melee and 2 hand love, but where are new abilities for summoners, new loot or passives?

Due Vulkan I will try the league, but Delirium and Metamorph just didn´t do it for me, last good league was Blight, played it until the last day, so much fun.
i know why i will say "i want delirium back" as soon as the league launches ...
duesnt overwhelm /suprise / catch me the new league sounds rather boring :(
"
Wissle wrote:
"
KopaKabana wrote:
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
So many people complaining that this league is crafting-oriented.
Well, I've been playing the last few leagues by completely ignoring crafting (Delve, Synthesis, and so on) because crafting is just for the rich guys.
My chars are using good basic gear : lots of life and resistances, and that's just enough to complete the whole game.
Because you CAN craft doesn't mean you HAVE TO or you NEED TO.
I just hope that the league mechanics won't force players to craft at some point, for example with ridiculous "challenges" that would be just wealth-checks, or too highly RNG-gated.

you left out the part where chris said that they heavily nerfed the drop rates on good items, just to force ppl into crafting.
You left that part out intentionally or ...? Its all on video, pal.

They did that? Damn. That explains so much, it seems like every rare I pick up is garbage

1) No they did not. Chris did not say they "heavily nerfed the drop rates on good items". What he explained was that other league mechanics showered you with many, many items while you were just doing your thing, which this league will not as it is not like Delirium with additional drops directly while you map. He did go on to explain that when he played he had gotten like 11 unique items before being at maps and that 10 of those he got from Delirium and that is something that is not meant to happen in the new league.

2) The new league is not implemented yet, none of that has any bearing on your current drop-luck.
"
Serdoa wrote:

1) No they did not. Chris did not say they "heavily nerfed the drop rates on good items". What he explained was that other league mechanics showered you with many, many items while you were just doing your thing, which this league will not as it is not like Delirium with additional drops directly while you map. He did go on to explain that when he played he had gotten like 11 unique items before being at maps and that 10 of those he got from Delirium and that is something that is not meant to happen in the new league.

2) The new league is not implemented yet, none of that has any bearing on your current drop-luck.

I think the biggest problem though is not the Quantity of drops, it's the Quality.

I think most of us get tons of uniques drop before and during maps, however how many of them are actually USABLE? Let's face it, the biggest value in unique drops is vendoring for alts. 99.9% of uniques are garbage, and the actual usable ones are always coincidentally the ones that never seem to drop (certainly for me in all the leagues I've played).

As far as usable rare drops, well that percentage is so minute I don;t even think my calculator would be able to display it. Again though, they can be used as a source of currency at the vendors early on.

If drop rates in general are turned down drastically then I think it will cause a problem with the less hardcore players in terms of daily driver currencies like alts etc. People will be getting to maps and finding that they are short of the currencies that they need to be able to roll those maps in order to get more maps to drop. After all, map drops get nerfed constantly so without proper rolling the drop rates are not great.

Fortunately for me, I think it won't be an issue at all. I'm planning a nice sunny vacation for this league in Std. It's about time I visited the Summer House (Standard) and cleaned out the garbage there... I just noticed I need to start deleting some old toons, so God only knows how much rubbish is in the tabs there.
I loved Path of Exile.
I do not love Path of RNG.
Bloom gives me migraines, the over usage of darkness strains my eyes.
Save our game, remove all of the constant RNG and allow us to turn off Bloom or give us an in game brightness control!
Mix of Bestiary and Synthesis with a bit of planting in avatar style not my cup of tee.
Four league cycle per yeah seems too much imo.

The gameplay has also become more of a racing simulator with lots of flashy effects and other clutter on the screen than ARPG.
I miss dark style with slower gameplay:(
I will skip the next league and will hope PoE2 will change things a bit but I am rather sceptic now.
"
Maelstromicus wrote:
All of these "removed"s have exclusively been on one side of this "debate". That in itself tells its own story.

Knights can only wear white in here. Batman beware... (obscure reference, I know)

Sorry to burst your bubble but you have not looked hard enough.

Also, posts created by haters tend contain more .. hate than normal posts and in turn have a higher potential to trigger a mod reaction. That's kinda their occupation, is it not ? Just stating the obvious.
Last edited by dyneol on Jun 4, 2020, 8:09:54 AM
"
KopaKabana wrote:
Chris literally said "pls come back to poe" in his interview with Ziggy.

This is why context matters - but I'm sure you don't care because it would disturb your conjured narrative.
"
Serdoa wrote:

I see, thanks for the clarification!

"
Maelstromicus wrote:

Fortunately for me, I think it won't be an issue at all. I'm planning a nice sunny vacation for this league in Std. It's about time I visited the Summer House (Standard) and cleaned out the garbage there... I just noticed I need to start deleting some old toons, so God only knows how much rubbish is in the tabs there.

YES, come to Standard! We need more players there <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info