Nati's fanworks - NEWEST: The King in the Mists

Greetings fellow exiles!

One of the most inspiring aspects of the Path of Exile community (to me at least) is the sheer amount of talent that gets showcased again and again. I've contributed a few times, mostly in the talent competitions, and have finally build up the guts to make a whole thread to collect my fanworks, both the old entries and the ones yet to come.

Stay a while, enjoy and get inspired!

Order of works: NEW --> OLD

July 13th, 2023:
"
Natilo wrote:
This silly forum post of mine hit 10.000 views recently, and I just want to thank everyone who has stopped by, left kind comments or felt inspired by my fanarts. <3
Here is to 10.000 more!

The King in the Mists - by NATILO
on January 24th, 2024

Since art is my talent, I thought I'd spice it up a bit by adding animations and turning it into a downloadable wallpaper via Wallpaper Engine on Steam. The art progress is shown below, so I'll focus on explaining some of the code involved up here.

The pulsating light animation is made by adjusting the opacity of 5 different images with GSAP (Greensock). The dancing dust particles is also brought to life with GSAP, but less adjusting the opacity and more adjusting of the Y and X axes. The breathing animation is simple CSS keyframe animation and the Sacred Wisp animation is adding a mouseevent listener to a webGL canvas.

Wallpaper preview (Youtube)
HERE!

Wallpaper Engine link (Steam) HERE!

Mobile wallpaper (still image):
Spoiler

Progress:
Spoiler

Patch Notes When I Leave - a gift for Bex
on August 9th, 2023

Spoiler

Link for bigger version: Here!

VAAL ABSOLUTION
on May 21st, 2023

ALMOST didn't make it in time, and as usual, I've only got myself to blame for starting late...and for perhaps overdoing it a wee bit with the amount of details....
That being said, it's a pleasure to show you my tribute to one of the absolute coolest skills that came with Crucible League: VAAL ABSOLUTION!
Spoiler

Link for bigger version: Here!

I league started Vaal Absolution, and frankly, it was a blast. It didn't mix very well with the league mechanic (sentinels despawning as the bar reaches "lethal" makes for a slightly panicky playstyle) but it got me into red maps at record speed.

So if you like minions that melt bosses and just looks hecking cool while doing it, then I think you should give this build a try.

Progress:
Spoiler

Good luck to everyone participating, and may the Forge be kind to your Crucible trees!

DIVINIA
on January 28th, 2023

Spoiler

"My name is Divinia – I am a Templar academic and relic enthusiast. I have stumbled upon an abandoned Templar enclave beneath the Fellshrine Ruins, not far from here. Will you join me in uncovering its secrets?"

This fanart is a tribute to Divina and how I imagine her search for the Forbidden Sanctum must've started: Digging through old books and tomes in dusty libraries, searching for answers amongst ancient writing in the dim light from scattered candles.

For the progress of the artwork, click below. Also, right-click and open in a new window for bigger resolution.

Spoiler

Good luck to everyone participating in the competition!!

ps. Funny trivia:
- There is a Toucan hiding somehwere - see if you can find it!
- The text across Divinia's chest is a paragraph from "Lorem Ipsum".
- The text on the book pages are paragraphs from the community wiki lore page. Whoever keeps that updated, thank you! <3
- Time taken to complete: 16 days, with the last 2 weekends being the heavy lifters.

pps. AI art has no place in a talent competition. There is zero talent in typing in queries for a bot to work with. Never was, never will be.

Well-deserved retirement
on February 27th, 2022

Spoiler
The idea for this artwork was fairly simple: With Prophecy no longer a thing in Siege of the Atlas (and Zana seemingly gone MIA too), I hope that:
1. Navali gets to enjoy her retirement to the fullest.
2. The Mother of Death finally leaves her be, poor woman has been through 21 leagues since she was introduced!
3. The Faun will stop harrasing her (yes, I turned the Faun into a plushie just for giggles).

Lastly, my headcanon is that Zana drops by now and then for tea and some quiet time between missions.

Link to the large version: Here!

[ArtTrade with a friend] Boneshatter + Pillar of the Caged God Juggernaut
on December 14th, 2021

The wonderful ItsAnton requested a Jugg, be it a cool one, an awesome one.... he let me decide. So I went with a Brass Dome, Pillar of the Caged God, BONESHATTER Jugg (First time drawing Marauder, have mercy on me). He also let me post it here for your viewing pleasure, so enjoy ya'll! <3

Spoiler

"You see now, don't you?" - The Last To Die
on December 5th, 2021

Last minutes fanart competition entry. This one took way longer than I thought it would, but I'm glad I managed to submit it before the deadline.

Spoiler

THE SIX ROUND CHALLENGER
on May 29th, 2021

In my defence, chasing Trialmaster for 3-4 weeks has reduced my brain to grey goo. Upon encountering him in a map, he randomly said "You only made it six rounds last time. Why do you bother?", and it only went downhill from there.

That being said, this has been one of the funniest drawings I've ever done and possibly the silliest too. I'm equal parts sorry and not sorry at all.

Shoutout to my friend Seekar for nudging me to get this done in time for the deadline and to SMOKOwita for being my artistic partner-in-crime.

Spoiler

Link to the large version: (no pun intended)

My fanworks thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2868617
My hideout showcase thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3077898

AI "art" isn't art, it's theft.
Last edited by Natilo on Jan 27, 2024, 7:19:26 AM
Last bumped on Jan 28, 2024, 11:36:58 AM
THE RITUAL ARC WITCH
on February 28th, 2021

Even tho my goal of getting 36 challenges this league was my main focus, I DID manage to squeeze in an entry for the February-March 2021 talent competition.

Why this motif?

Ritual League may be one of the most aesthetically pleasing leagues I've played yet... and I like the mechanic too! Encountering Rituals during mapping has felt "natural", because the Ritual arenas themselves look like they belong there. Unlike Blight pumps, Legion monoliths and Breach portals (all amazing content, don't get me wrong) whom all just look so awfully out of place and unlike anything in the surrounding area, Ritual just blends in perfectly. I've seen some really cool combo's, like in Crimson Temple, Crimson Township and Haunted Mansion, which I can't recall ever noticing with any previous leagues. The different tiers and the subtle little modifications to the "totems" themselves, is kinda genius. I really hope Ritual will become part of core game, in some way or another!

Why Arc Witch?

You can't really say "Path of Exile" without saying "Enki's Arc Witch", now can you? Enki has set the standard of what a GREAT build guide is and has helped several thousand players get into PoE. I guess this is also a small tribute to him?

This particular Witch is wearing a Bone Circlet, Cloak of Defiance, Fingerless Silk Gloves, Two-Toned Boots and dual Demon's Horn's.

Spoiler

Large version HERE!
In-game inspiration HERE!

WHISPERS - THE STRANGE VOICE
on December 27th, 2020

Note: If you talk to Nenet in the Rogue Harbour, she has a voice line concerning The Strange Voice. While it isn't much, it IS the first acknowledgement (from someone other than the Exile) of the The Strange Voice BEING THERE and not just the Exile hearing voices.

Ever since I heard the voice line, I had this picture stuck in my head; of my character seemingly unfazed about this insanely strong entity haunting her, walking calmly along the promenade part of the Rogue Harbour at night. I VERY rarely draw elaborate backgrounds with advanced perspective, MUCH LESS of places with barely any references I can use. I can't tell you how many Rogue Markers I've spent on just getting to the Rogue Harbour to look around and pay extra attention to small details.

Spoiler

Large version here
Special thanks to SenshiStock on Twitter for the pose reference!

GOLEMANCY (NatiTheIndecisive level 100 celebration)
on December 4, 2020 ... was featured by GGG in the Community Showcase

Note: I hit level 100 for the first time during Heist league (yay!) and what started as a tribute to that personal achievement turned into a tribute to Golemancy in general. Each type of golem is represented in the image, as is the key uniques I used in my Stone Golemancer build (Primordial Chain, Cold Iron Point, The Brass Dome and The Stampede).

The MTX I used is the Cult of Darkness armour set with Nenet's Hood + Synthesis Crown Attachment and Pandemonium Cloak. Best MTX to date!

Spoiler

Large version here: Link!

Character in-game:
Spoiler

TRIBUTE TO BEX (happy 3.12 announcement)
on September 1, 2020

Note: This was a little something for our CM Bex to congratulate her on yet another teaser-season bringing the hype. Alternate title: "I thought my teasers were pretty obvious" ... they really aren't.
Spoiler

HEART OF THE GROVE for the Harvest Fanart Competition
on July 25, 2020
Spoiler

Large version here

Progress:
Spoiler

Large version here and here

THE STRANGE VOICE FANART
on July 14, 2020 ... was featured by GGG in the Community Showcase

"Let yourself get drawn into the mire..."

Note: The Strange Voice is by far my favourite boss, even tho we never got to fight him in Delirium League. Huge kudos to the GGG team and voice actor Michael Hallows for bringing him to life.
Ps. Can we have a proper refference guide to his design and color scheme anytime soon?
Spoiler

Large version here

OSHABI FANART
on June 6, 2020 ... was featured by GGG in the Harvest Community Fan Art Highlight
Spoiler

Large version here

Path of Exile Talent Competition
on Feb 2, 2020
Spoiler

Details:
Spoiler

Path of Exile Fan Art Competition - 2nd entry
on Oct 23, 2019
Spoiler

Path of Exile Fan Art Competition - 1st entry
on Oct 12, 2019
Spoiler

Einhar-Themed Talent Competition - 2nd entry
on Apr 19, 2019
Spoiler

Einhar-Themed Talent Competition - 1st entry
on Apr 10, 2019
Spoiler

My hideout showcase thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3077898

Last edited by Natilo on Apr 3, 2022, 3:45:42 AM
Very talented, that Oshabi looks amazing!
"
path23leech wrote:
Very talented, that Oshabi looks amazing!

Thank you so much, that was very nice of you to say!

Super good thx man for your work!
"
ivanboss92 wrote:
Super good thx man for your work!

Thank you very much! :D

Bump!

Love these!
These are great! Looking forward to your future updates :D
"
Nichelle_GGG wrote:
Love these!

Damn near spat out my tea in surprise when I saw an official GGG account had commented on this thread. Glad to see it was such a nice message tho! Thank you very much Nichelle!

"
Bowazon92 wrote:
These are great! Looking forward to your future updates :D

I will do my best to update a bit more frequently, but as always, IRL really is the deciding factor of how much I can manage every month. Still, a heartfelt thank you!

Last edited by Natilo on Dec 10, 2020, 7:41:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info