Last Epoch latest patch feels really good

^

Of course articles are opinions pieces, but they are sourced. Every post in this forum is an opinion, that doesn't mean that any information provided isnt legit, or based on relevant data. The difference is that you are taking the same information and coming to a different conclusion on what it means. Ok... I guess?

To be frank, the "opinions" you have are pretty... interesting, about Tencent that many industry folks, and even casual followers, would absolutely balk at. Its not a matter of semantics here, and it almost comes across to me as defending Tencent portfolio decisions as good natured diversification which has been misinterpreted by the article writers. Which nah bro. I'm not even sure what your endgame here is regarding Tencent and their financial acquisitions. Poor misunderstood Tencent, and overzealous gaming fanboys. Really?

So sure, you can call Tencent and their business strategy whatever you want. It doesnt impact most folks in any real way, other than an unscheduled eye roll or two, and it certainly doesnt change the reality of what is actually happening with Tencents business maneuvers (without even touching on their governmental and social reach)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Mar 22, 2022, 10:38:19 AM
Nono, you don't get it, DS44. Since it's on the internet, it's an opinion. Equal weight. That dude on youtube with ten views (or ten million, as the case sometimes is) is as equally likely to be right as a journalist with a doctorate in research and a storied career in sociopolitical critique.

*eyeroll*

This got silly and I'd REALLY like to move back onto Last Epoch, but since I've moved OFF Last Epoch, I'm moving OFF this discussion too.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
^

Of course articles are opinions pieces, but they are sourced. Every post in this forum is an opinion, that doesn't mean that any information provided isnt legit, or based on relevant data. The difference is that you are taking the same information and coming to a different conclusion on what it means. Ok... I guess?

Why is China doing this? Saying China fear their Tech companies is just wrong. China love their Tech companies. So why? They are doing something called the “rectification” of large Chinese tech firms. It is what parents do when they Spank their Kids. Tough Love as they call it.
Everyone else was like

"
To be frank, the "opinions" you have are pretty... interesting, about Tencent that many industry folks, and even casual followers, would absolutely balk at. Its not a matter of semantics here, and it almost comes across to me as defending Tencent portfolio decisions as good natured diversification which has been misinterpreted by the article writers. Which nah bro. I'm not even sure what your endgame here is regarding Tencent and their financial acquisitions. Poor misunderstood Tencent, and overzealous gaming fanboys. Really?

Tencent’s mergers and acquisitions require approval by the Chinese government. Tencent was fined over failures to disclose mergers and acquisitions. Tencent never ask properly.

"
So sure, you can call Tencent and their business strategy whatever you want. It doesnt impact most folks in any real way, other than an unscheduled eye roll or two, and it certainly doesnt change the reality of what is actually happening with Tencents business maneuvers (without even touching on their governmental and social reach)

Tencent isn't a monopoly, but an oligarchy. If we are to handle the definition in a different way and standard, Facebook, Amazon, Apple and Google would all be monopolies. Google is closer to being a monopoly where it dominated the search engine market, maintaining a 92.47 percent market share. Tencent has only 51.5 percent of China's market share in online gaming. Like I say We have a whole bunch of business oligarchies.

Edit: 43%, their market share dropped.

"
Nono, you don't get it, DS44. Since it's on the internet, it's an opinion. Equal weight. That dude on youtube with ten views (or ten million, as the case sometimes is) is as equally likely to be right as a journalist with a doctorate in research and a storied career in sociopolitical critique.

Being right isn't related to your history. It is the most simple thing yet hard to understand. These 'Expert' could be wrong. Didn't we learn that during coronavirus? To blindy follow words of these 'Expert' without scrutiny is dangerous.

Last edited by awesome999 on Mar 23, 2022, 6:08:38 AM
"
awesome999 wrote:

Tencent has more power in its domestic market, If we are talking about global power. Facebook, Amazon, Apple and Google wields the kind of influence Tencent in China can only dream of.

i think this is essentially true.

the main thing to remember is that in the west capital is more powerful than governments, in china the government is more powerful than capital. so a company like tencent can never wield the power giant western companies do because its market power is not the supreme power in its ecosystem.
Turns out an autocracy who sees it coming can stop the rise of the merchant class taking over. Lots of people in the west praised the rise of capitalism in china and russia, thinking it would lead to democracy. It didn't. Now china/russia has the worst of both worlds.

I guess accumulation of power (of which wealth is a form) into the hands of self interested individuals is bad. Shock.
Украина в моём сердце
Tencent being a shareholder is not a big deal to me, personally. They mostly seem to be silent investors so the devs can do whatever they want (for better or worse). It's a different discussion from a moral standpoint, but I'd be a hypocrite to uninstall Tencent-owned games while still buying everyday stuff made by what is essentially slave labor, and I can't really avoid the latter.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Has anyone played the new 0.8.5 patch and maybe share his opinion.

I rerolled a new character (Beast Master) and have not done any new dungeons yet (got some keys stockpiled) but the new way to gain stability is nice. You can either ignore it and go farming timeline specific items as usual or kill as much mobs as possible to get the timeline objectives done faster than before.

It's not a big overarcing patch like the last one and focusses mainly on new dungeons ,slight visual improvements of armor sets and modified way how to get stability in Monoliths.

Imo the big game changer is when they finally implement leagues (In LE called Cycles?) and leaderboards are based on online authorized data sets and not offline / easy to cheat save files as of right now.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Apr 21, 2022, 8:36:55 AM
Dreamthorn nerf when? My Void Cleave VK that I just started day before yesterday is pushing 70 and been using it since 15. I've crafted a few different swords/axes on higher level bases that are fairly competitive with it, but even with all T5+ mods on those it still outpaces them a bit.

I'm also sitting on a 2LP Dreamthorn that I could go upgrade, in which case I'm not sure there's anything that would come close to competing with it any time soon. I'm holding out for at least a 3LP for even more OP-ness though... :D
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
lol a unique? I am currently rolling level 100 monoliths with a blue quarterstaff (ilevel 23). Staff Upheaval is quite ridiculous and I am surprised there is not even a build about it. It requires 0 gear investment, it is extremely safe and stacks penetration/freeze/chill/armor shred/slow/frailty and frostbite from just the passive tree/skills.
Yup, thats a blue ilvl 23 weapon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info