Last Epoch latest patch feels really good

New Werebear seems really nice for fast zooming, thanks to the Rampage and Maul Combo.

Can also be specced tanky with a few endurance+endurance threshold nodes.

The Rampage movement skill is a bit clunky since you cant control the direction after channeling and if you happen to hit a small environmental obstacle (right after using it) your CD gets not reset and leaves you there with no movement skill for a few seconds. But on good layouts it feels nice.

---------
After further testing it seems the Werebear Maul skill does not inherit most of damage nodes when speccing into Werebear node that allows using the Fury Leap skill tree.

---------
Completed campaign (full phys Werebear scaling hit damage) and did a bit of endgame (till lvl 75 timeline) and the new Dungeon.
Dungeon is really interesting and weaves in the time travel aspect even more from a narrative and mechanical perspective.
Did only 3 dungeons for testing and see no point in doing it until i get some uniques with legendary potential that i can actually use.

Gameplay still feels smooth vs trashmobs/tanky rares but my boss dps is a bit zdps.
But at least i can tank most abilites unless telegraphed oneshot abilites.

I think i will continue till lvl 80 approx and try the Tree-man.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Dec 16, 2021, 6:59:49 PM
"
gandhar0 wrote:

---------
Completed campaign (full phys Werebear scaling hit damage) and did a bit of endgame (till lvl 75 timeline) and the new Dungeon.
Dungeon is really interesting and weaves in the time travel aspect even more from a narrative and mechanical perspective.
Did only 3 dungeons for testing and see no point in doing it until i get some uniques with legendary potential that i can actually use.

Dungeon is cool and I hope EHG doesnt take GGG's approach to make one endgame system the central node to access all other content. This is particularly an issue with the current state of LE's Mono given that the system doesnt actually encourage players to be engaged within the echo.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
New patch 0.8.5- Mainly 2 new dungeons ,updated arena, new uniques and updated armour visuals & unique weapon arts.

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/depths-of-eterra-update-beta-0-8-5-patch-notes/48106

Also new investor. The name sounds familiar.

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/eleventh-hour-games-new-partnership/48083
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Last edited by gandhar0 on Mar 19, 2022, 5:33:20 AM
"
Jerle wrote:

Dungeon is cool and I hope EHG doesnt take GGG's approach to make one endgame system the central node to access all other content. This is particularly an issue with the current state of LE's Mono given that the system doesnt actually encourage players to be engaged within the echo.

The prevalence of the 'mono(lith)' in endgame/game loop chatter about LE definitely turned me off. Sounded just like maps redux, a one-size-fits-all mode that you either lovelivelaugh or you play something else.

__

LOL Tencent 'investing' in EHG. As we Australians say, 'that'd be about fucking right'.

I'm sorry, Jerle.

But hey, Gaijin (of War Thunder fame) outright *bought* Wolcen Studios last year, for probably a ridiculously low sum given it's essentially a dead game poisoned by years of gross mismanagement and extremely poor prioritisation.

No avoiding the 'partnership', as EHG so delicately put it.

Sure, it's a 'low equity' investment, but this is how Tencent gets a monopoly over entire genres. They buy a major player in that genre and then slowly buy out or otherwise kill the rest. They did it with MOBAs and with Battle Royales. Seems they're now actively doing it with ARPGs.

Uninstalled. Sadly.

Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 19, 2022, 8:26:25 PM
"

Sure, it's a 'low equity' investment, but this is how Tencent gets a monopoly over entire genres. They buy a major player in that genre and then slowly buy out or otherwise kill the rest. They did it with MOBAs and with Battle Royales. Seems they're now actively doing it with ARPGs.

People think competition is good. Competition is not the thing you want. Your goal is to dominate and win. One of the smart growth strategies is buying the competition.
Oh, it's great business for the monopolist. Shitty for consumers.

Which are you again?
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
I guess the good part of the deal is that LE players can maybe expect at least better damage tooltips ;)

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore

"
Oh, it's great business for the monopolist. Shitty for consumers.

Which are you again?

You mean oligarchy. Oligarchy in business is nothing new. In fact, it is fairly prevalent.

If by consumers you mean consumers who have deep emotional attachment with certain video games and will get upset over developers selling their own property to those who they believe do not deserve it. I am not one of them.
No, I mean monopoly. If a company has its finger in every relevant pie, that's not an oligarchy. That's an attempt at a monopoly. Tencent might be content with an ILLUSION of oligarchy but there is no way their endgoal isn't some form of top stratum monopoly.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/tech-giants-alibaba-tencent-fined-china-s-anti-monopoly-regulators-n1273323

and from this NYT article:

"
There’s no company in the world like Tencent. It’s a true monopoly on many levels. It wields the kind of influence in China that Facebook, Amazon, Apple and Google can only aspire to.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/02/technology/china-tencent-monopoly.html#:~:text=Cozy%20relationships%20help%20cement%20Tencent's,Google%20can%20only%20aspire%20to.

In contrast to this, 'oligarchy' has a strong political overtone at the moment (and has had for some while now, really) -- the official dictionary.com definition expands on this to outright namecheck a certain well-known and very currently prominent country and its extremely wealthy few having strong political clout.

So no, I definitely didn't mean oligarchy.

Are you done attempting to correct my English? Because frankly it's annoying.

__

Getting back on topic: another Ex-Exile and myself might try LE once MP is out, but I suspect a long-overdue crack at Grim Dawn is next. I found that game horribly bland as a solo experience, but I felt the same about Last Epoch. Maybe some ARPGs really do shine as a casual voice-chat supplemented multiplayer experience.

We know PoE definitely doesn't, heh.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 22, 2022, 1:06:54 AM
"
No, I mean monopoly. If a company has its finger in every relevant pie, that's not an oligarchy. That's an attempt at a monopoly. Tencent might be content with an ILLUSION of oligarchy but there is no way their endgoal isn't some form of top stratum monopoly.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/tech-giants-alibaba-tencent-fined-china-s-anti-monopoly-regulators-n1273323

Many are opinion pieces, they are biased. In a way they are propaganda. Getting fined by China isn't something unusual. Many companies want to dominate and make profit. What you would never say out loud. But you can be sure they do. You are confused with what it want with what it is. Tencent is wriggling under the Chinese government thumb. What a powerful monopoly indeed.

"

"
There’s no company in the world like Tencent. It’s a true monopoly on many levels. It wields the kind of influence in China that Facebook, Amazon, Apple and Google can only aspire to.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/02/technology/china-tencent-monopoly.html#:~:text=Cozy%20relationships%20help%20cement%20Tencent's,Google%20can%20only%20aspire%20to.

Tencent has more power in its domestic market, If we are talking about global power. Facebook, Amazon, Apple and Google wields the kind of influence Tencent in China can only dream of.

Tencent is a monopoly as much as Google is one. Don't know top 10 video game companies in China or the thousands of small studios and video gaming-related firms in China because I don't play their video games. Oh wait I know miHoYo! Go find out please.

"
Are you done attempting to correct my English? Because frankly it's annoying.

I find People calling a mouse a cat very annoying too

Last edited by awesome999 on Mar 22, 2022, 10:24:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info