Last Epoch latest patch feels really good

From Last Epoch:

FUTURE CONTENT

We’re excited to start to share with you the future content plans we have for Last Epoch, including our next major Cycle patch, 1.1.

The content coming for Patch 1.1 is designed specifically in two parts. The first, and most important part is focusing on and committing time to act on player feedback. We are wholly committed to making the best ARPG in the genre, and listening to our amazing community is a big part of that. In addition, throughout the 1.0 Cycle we intend to release quality of life and bug fix patches regularly.

Secondly, as you all may know, we’re going to have a heavy emphasis on expanding end-game content now that we’ve released 1.0. For future patches we have plans to expand the monolith, bring great new itemization options, add more boss content, class and balance updates, campaign content, etc. For 1.1 specifically we’ll be focusing on bringing some “pinnacle” content, or very hard fights that will give you challenges to aspire to. We’ll be sharing more on this and more of what’s to come in 1.1 in the not too distant future.

It’s worth emphasizing that EHG has a strong focus on listening to the community, as it’s where our team came from, and we want to hear what you want to see in the future. We are active in our forums, Reddit, and social channels, so if you want to see something, please do voice it! You are not shouting into the void, nor do you have to amass an army to get us to take notice. We’re there and ready to have conversations with you all.

-----------------------------------------------

Some people seem to forget the early days of PoE. There were no maps, it was just running the same three acts over and over. Early leagues introduced amazing depth to the game with... strongboxes... or haunted spirits. That's it.

There was rubber banding, monsters that leapt from the earth or sky and insta-killed you. Crafting consisted of Chaos spam, throw an exalt or two and then you were done.

All things considered, LE appears to have quite a bit of promise and is already very enjoyable (not withstanding a lot of bugs that need to be worked through).

I don't think there's any real risk of LE stealing away the top 5% power players of PoE, but the more casual players are getting a pretty good alternate option to play.
Uh, Last Epoch is not in its early days though. The game has been around for years, same for the Monolith. Instead of improving it, however, they focused on the wrong things - creating more and more challenge dungeons and adding map variants, some of which are frustrating to play. Besides, I don't like the idea of the progress in monoliths being steady. What's so great about PoE is making your own pace.

btw, still stuck at Merchant's level 5 and can only buy exalted weapons and idols. The amount of play I need to put in for level 7 when I can trade for every exalted item is ridiculous.
"
All things considered, LE appears to have quite a bit of promise and is already very enjoyable (not withstanding a lot of bugs that need to be worked through).

I don't think there's any real risk of LE stealing away the top 5% power players of PoE, but the more casual players are getting a pretty good alternate option to play.

Yeah, it's pretty great, especially since playing the game somehow isn't nearly as draining as playing PoE on a squishy build, but also isn't as mind-numbingly boring as playing PoE on a tanky build.

So far, it's the type of game I just boot up to go kill shit, whereas in PoE, I play in an extremely goal-oriented way, because without the goals, the gameplay isn't enjoyable.

I'm not sure how much of it is LE being new though... definitely hoping it lasts.
"

Some people seem to forget the early days of PoE. There were no maps, it was just running the same three acts over and over. Early leagues introduced amazing depth to the game with... strongboxes... or haunted spirits. That's it.

There was rubber banding, monsters that leapt from the earth or sky and insta-killed you. Crafting consisted of Chaos spam, throw an exalt or two and then you were done.

Yeah there was that, back when you needed to build your own game engine without millions of tutorials for programming, with "weaker" as in less feature heavy coding languages etc. So lets be real, somehow drawing parallels between the POE and LE early days is bullshit, there is a decade between those. A decade filled with revolutions in computer programming, engines, frameworks you name it.

LE also still suffers heavily on gameplay issues with their wanky movement especially with stairs, character animation etc. And thats fine, it has only been 5 years. Poe needed... what 8 years for their "new" attack animations?^^

AS i now play their endgame the heavy grind makes it slowly boring. crafting is weak so you need to find the right item beforehand, you can't build up fragments like in poe to build your ultimate shit. So the day is spend running monoliths to find those exalted bases and pray. So as a current stance: Its a good in between season game to poe but still inferior.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
The game definitely has its moments. Crafting something like this feels thrilling and rewarding

However, sometimes you hit the jackpot - 2 purple affixes, one of them tier 7, both of them good, with two normal affixes which are also good......on the worst base possible

Such a damn boner killer, haha

Yoooo the ballista build I discovered is actually a legit build guide. That's so cool, guess all these years spent playing PoE helped me out. I am not sure they are maximizing the build correctly though. There is no reason not to take 40% for a double shot - this is 10% chance for double damage per point which is insane with 100% crit and 600% crit multi
Is there some content between monoliths and empowered monoliths?

I was plowing through lvl90 monoliths with ease, not dying to anything other than the slow telegraph attacks, and only sometimes at that, but in empowered monoliths, I'm getting one-shotted by every little thing in the empowered monoliths, which is an absurd difficulty spike, making me wonder if I didn't miss anything.
"
Xyel wrote:
Is there some content between monoliths and empowered monoliths?

I was plowing through lvl90 monoliths with ease, not dying to anything other than the slow telegraph attacks, and only sometimes at that, but in empowered monoliths, I'm getting one-shotted by every little thing in the empowered monoliths, which is an absurd difficulty spike, making me wonder if I didn't miss anything.

Could try Arena as an in-between thingy to level up if you like endless waves gameplay. If you haven't unlocked it already you can see the waypoint of it in the Divine Era in the left part of the map.

Generally i would advise capping all resists and getting crit avoidance when doing empowered timelines. And about 2k life as a start. Overcapping as a bonus to counter resists shred.
Even without any monolith monsters modifiers and only base 100 corruption lots of rare enemies have one shot potential at that level.

Here's a general mechanical guide. It also explains why the damage you see on the target dummies is way higher than on real enemies. Basically enemies not only get elemental penetration with increased zone levels but als damage reduction. Up to 87% at level 100 and 83% at level 90 when starting emp. timelines.

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/community-game-guide/26057/10
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Mar 2, 2024, 5:23:53 PM
"
gandhar0 wrote:
Could try Arena as an in-between thingy to level up if you like endless waves gameplay. If you haven't unlocked it already you can see the waypoint of it in the Divine Era in the left part of the map.

Generally i would advise capping all resists and getting crit avoidance when doing empowered timelines. And about 2k life as a start. Overcapping as a bonus to counter resists shred.
Even without any monolith monsters modifiers and only base 100 corruption lots of rare enemies have one shot potential at that level.

Here's a general mechanical guide. It also explains why the damage you see on the target dummies is way higher than on real enemies. Basically enemies not only get elemental penetration with increased zone levels but als damage reduction. Up to 87% at level 100 and 83% at level 90 when starting emp. timelines.

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/community-game-guide/26057/10

Hmm, it's true that I've got a tab with a big pile of keys that I've got no idea what they do. Will give them a look.

Dmg isn't a problem - I'm melting things just fine, it was more of the surprise how I went from barely needing to pay attention to dying like a little bitch the moment I disrespect an elite making bigger move while doing what seemed like a natural progression.

What makes the spot awkward is that I don't have the trade lvl to buy exalted armor, so it feels bad to spend my gold optimizing my armor while knowing everything will be getting vendored once my guild rep goes up.
/e

Changed my mind about this game: finally it's not THAT great (But i still have it installed): I cant stand this cheap "lore" full of cloned NPCs. Thus GFX and monsters designs are indead a very good performance (but with a lack of "maturity"), the "story" could have been more clarified, structured. Some dungeons are truely annoying. Itemization seems to be the best.

Noticed that Grim Dawn is not dead and will release another expansion with 1 new mastery (berserker): "Fangs of Asterkarn"... Maybe i will try this one.
Last edited by Universalis on Mar 6, 2024, 9:35:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info