[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

Honestly you dont need infernal cry except with rares and bosses, to apply covered with ash. Herald of Ash clears well enough on its own. At last that was my experience last league.
"

Kiting seems so good in the league mechanic this league but we need to plant our feet to be effective. Have you guys felt safe in the Ultimatums?

Yes, I'm not in red map for now so maybe it will change but for now I just plant my feet and almost don't move.
For sure it require to have enough armor to get good shield regen but after that I don't really fear the challenge.

(And even if I was able to get most of the unique of the guide, I still got shitty gems, weird gems setup were I am too lazy to change, shitty flask, probably a shitty dps too ^^ etc)
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Here is my elementalist version of the build in 3.13 Ritual league.

https://pastebin.com/5mNt8SPU

Here is my current plan for 3.14, using petrified blood to achieve low life.

https://pastebin.com/tJPRttJj

I offer both just as references to you, definitely not top end though.

I plan my POBs to be more budget and level 90, since I'm an altoholic and never grinded past 92.

EDIT: If you go back a few pages other people have pasted their 3.13 final elementalist versions, higher end than my own

EDIT 2: You can get ailment immunity with the golem branch as elementalist

Can you explain your auras you linked with petrified blood there are 5 skill but only 4 sockets
Last edited by perfectionistX on Apr 23, 2021, 12:04:54 PM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Honestly you dont need infernal cry except with rares and bosses, to apply covered with ash. Herald of Ash clears well enough on its own. At last that was my experience last league.

I have taken this build to the high 90's three times so I am very familiar with its mechanics. I was specifically asking about the Ultimatums though.

IMO, the IC-Incin combo is one of the best in the game. Once you get the hang of it, you can blow up the entire screen by connecting packs together. It is quite satisfying :)

Also, when you get to heavily juiced T16 maps, HOA is no longer enough to clear effectively.
"
ezoah wrote:
"

Kiting seems so good in the league mechanic this league but we need to plant our feet to be effective. Have you guys felt safe in the Ultimatums?

Yes, I'm not in red map for now so maybe it will change but for now I just plant my feet and almost don't move.
For sure it require to have enough armor to get good shield regen but after that I don't really fear the challenge.

(And even if I was able to get most of the unique of the guide, I still got shitty gems, weird gems setup were I am too lazy to change, shitty flask, probably a shitty dps too ^^ etc)

Great thanks!
@Andy - Ah, thanks for the clarification about infernal cry.

I got a few lucky drops and am able to afford to gear out the basics of this build. No watcher eye, blue nightmare, etc.

While swapping over though, I made the (stupidly slow) realization that I don't actually need petrified blood to enable low life! I just need to link herald of ash with arrogance!

QUESTION: ARE ALL CHAOS DAMAGE DAMAGE OVER TIME, AND NOT HITS?!

This is critical because petrified blood only helps with deferring hit damage.

So let's say all chaos damage is DOT. Which means any one shots will have to deplete our shield first, so now we can reconsider petrified blood vs discipline for one shot protection.

So the scenario, using ash/arrogance for low life (2K life instead of 4K), becomes:

Using discipline: 2000 life + 4000 ES = 6K one shot

vs

2000 life + 3000 ES, but 40% hit damage to 2K is deferred.
3333 hit (60% of which is 2K) + 3000 ES = 6333 dmg to one shot

So it almost breaks even, which seems wrong to me.
petrified blood should not give better one shot, where did I do my math wrong?

"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
@Andy - Ah, thanks for the clarification about infernal cry.

I got a few lucky drops and am able to afford to gear out the basics of this build. No watcher eye, blue nightmare, etc.

While swapping over though, I made the (stupidly slow) realization that I don't actually need petrified blood to enable low life! I just need to link herald of ash with arrogance!

QUESTION: ARE ALL CHAOS DAMAGE DAMAGE OVER TIME, AND NOT HITS?!

This is critical because petrified blood only helps with deferring hit damage.

So let's say all chaos damage is DOT. Which means any one shots will have to deplete our shield first, so now we can reconsider petrified blood vs discipline for one shot protection.

So the scenario, using ash/arrogance for low life (2K life instead of 4K), becomes:

Using discipline: 2000 life + 4000 ES = 6K one shot

vs

2000 life + 3000 ES, but 40% hit damage to 2K is deferred.
3333 hit (60% of which is 2K) + 3000 ES = 6333 dmg to one shot

So it almost breaks even, which seems wrong to me.
petrified blood should not give better one shot, where did I do my math wrong?

Chaos damage can be a direct hit and or damage over time. I think the vast majority in the game is DOT though.

Typically chaos damage is used in direct hits that cause poison, which then turns the chaos damage in DOT.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Apr 23, 2021, 11:13:57 AM
I am still deciding whether to use Golem or not. For those of you that used the Golems, what skills did you drop to fit in some golem skill gems?

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Apr 23, 2021, 11:20:55 PM
Well you can check out my POB for what I decided, but keep in mind mine is budget and level 90. There's not even an megalomanic with overlord on the market right now, and the cheapest/crappiest one with other 2 useless traits were like 5X, so I don't use reckoning. Shield charge/fortify for this peasant.

Keep in mind you don't NEED all the golem types. So even if you run just 1 golem type, but have max # of them, you get all the benefits (ailment immunity, etc)

Today while running errands I remembered that even though I don't need petrified blood to achieve low life, it does allow me to get slayer overleech if my life reservation is under 50%. Again since petrified blood keeps your life at 50%, and if your max life is 1 above that, your life leech doesn't go away since you never hit max life unless you flask.

I saw some random post talk about using void sphere with CWDT, to suck up the ultamatium mobs. So socket starved :D

Edit: I'm not 100% sure if you have to personally apply the exposure for Mastermind of Discord to kick in. Some guy said CWDT WoC would, but I'm not 100% sure since it's not YOU casting it. Does anyone know?

EDIT2: OK I was trying CWDT void sphere, but it turns out void sphere has a 10 second cooldown of its own, so nvm...

EDIT3: Spending money and playing with POB and found something great. According to POB, Cluster passive Heraldry (nearby mobs have fire exposure if you have herald of ash) counts as "you", so Mastermind of Discover is activaed. So I don't have to cast WoC to do exposure anymore!
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Apr 24, 2021, 2:01:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info