[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

Hello people, I got really interested in this build because I love incinerate so i gave it a try. I went for the elementalist version. The thing is, right now im in T14-T16 maps and sometimes im struggling with survavility (especially when baran is in the area, I dont know what are the mobs that are one shotting me). I think I have pretty good defenses 3,6k Life and 3,6K ES. Around 12-15k armour without flask(I dont remember), already anointed inexorable so im running mostly with 3 endurance charges (I know im missing one ring for the reduced curse effect but im not doing maps with curses, im waiting for a good ring to show up in the market). The thing is sometimes it gets rippy and same with the league mechanic but my main problem right now is damage. Conquerors seems to take forever and im doing the conquerors at A2, so i want some help to see what i can do to improve damage. Im already using infernal cry with bosses and to clear ultimatum. (invest in the cluster jewels? that's the only thing that comes to my mind but i dont think it will do a lot.)

Here is my gear and my character is public so you can see it. I will appreciate any improvement for survavility and damage.
Spoiler

@Donizuka I'll offer a few comments even though you are way ahead of me in terms of progress, hope it helps.

The large/medium cluster jewels really add a lot of DPS. You can play with my planned version of POB (posted a page or two back)

Chaos resist is low.

CWDT with void sphere is a great idea but it can only trigger once every 10 seconds with void sphere's own CD. I had this in my build then got rid of it.

My planned POB has 12 casts a second, which really helps to build up stages. You have 7.85 casts per second, so it takes you a full second to reach max stages. This will be even worse once you get your +2 helm enchant.
"
Donizuka wrote:
Hello people, I got really interested in this build because I love incinerate so i gave it a try. I went for the elementalist version. The thing is, right now im in T14-T16 maps and sometimes im struggling with survavility (especially when baran is in the area, I dont know what are the mobs that are one shotting me). I think I have pretty good defenses 3,6k Life and 3,6K ES. Around 12-15k armour without flask(I dont remember), already anointed inexorable so im running mostly with 3 endurance charges (I know im missing one ring for the reduced curse effect but im not doing maps with curses, im waiting for a good ring to show up in the market). The thing is sometimes it gets rippy and same with the league mechanic but my main problem right now is damage. Conquerors seems to take forever and im doing the conquerors at A2, so i want some help to see what i can do to improve damage. Im already using infernal cry with bosses and to clear ultimatum. (invest in the cluster jewels? that's the only thing that comes to my mind but i dont think it will do a lot.)

Here is my gear and my character is public so you can see it. I will appreciate any improvement for survavility and damage.
Spoiler

ran your profile through PoB really quickly
initial pob is 253k hit and 1.9m dps, block chance is 75/45

Quality your gems
flip the FirePene with an Empower.. even if you have to buy a level 0 max quality it and level it yourself
i flipped your rapture drop with a blue nightmare and put the the rapture drop where natural aff is (if you are fighting sirus a lot for the corr blood)

new numbers are 307k hit, 2.4m dps, block chances 75/72

and as Chubby said, get the cluster jewels

you are in a the "lull" of the build where your dps needs to be higher for stuff to die faster, so you take more damage

Last edited by frotzthedragon on Apr 24, 2021, 10:46:24 AM
Thanks a lot for the fast replies, right now what I will do is to drop fire pen and put empower, also will buy the large cluster jewel, don't know which nodes to drop in the tree, was thinking about the Anointed flesh (that gives me 3) and I have 1 alone in a life wheel so there i get 4, and maybe the wheel for Melding so I get extra 4 points so i will have 8 points, enough to get a large cluster with natural affinity. So those will be in the offense part, and I will get the blue dream for defense (I cant buy it rn, I need to get the currency first.)

Also I was looking at you PoB Chubby. For the moment I dont want to respec into a lot but definitely will take it into consideration.I know what you say about void sphere but I feel is good for ultimatum because the CD is close to Infernal Cry so you will have a bunch of mobs in the Void Sphere and then pop them with Infernal Cry, I think is a good combo overall. I also was having little bit of problems with mana, but i think with arcane surge from the cluster will do it.

One again, thanks for the responses and i will keep you guys updated, maybe this could help other people :D
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:

Edit: I'm not 100% sure if you have to personally apply the exposure for Mastermind of Discord to kick in. Some guy said CWDT WoC would, but I'm not 100% sure since it's not YOU casting it. Does anyone know?

Yes, WOC of conviction cast by CWDT procs Mastermind of Discord. You can see your damage sky rocket when the wave goes off.

POE considers all CWDT spells to be cast by the character.
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:

I saw some random post talk about using void sphere with CWDT, to suck up the ultamatium mobs. So socket starved :D

We added in Void Sphere last league. It is meant to replace Culling Strike which many of use found useless.

Void Sphere has a small amount of synergy with Unnatural Instinct as well.
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:

Keep in mind you don't NEED all the golem types. So even if you run just 1 golem type, but have max # of them, you get all the benefits (ailment immunity, etc)

The etc is the issue I have.

Golems do not stack. So if you use only one Golem type and summon 4 of them, you only get benefit of one of them.

So you end up spending 4 valuable ascendency points for Ailment immunity plus the buff of only one golem type, which while powerful, is not worth that many points IMO.

The only way the Golems seem to make sense to me is if you use 3-4 different ones but when that happens you have to drop something valuable from the build since we run out of sockets fast.

I think I am going to stick with the non Golem version and see how things go with ailments. I can always switch later if I want.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Apr 24, 2021, 5:34:52 PM
I just started leveling this build yesterday. I am in act 6 right now.

I have been keeping my eye on the market for some of the basics for end game. Nothing fancy as I am cash poor but I found most of these good rolls at low prices and should get me started in white maps. Ignore the anointment on the boots, that is what it came with. I will change that out later.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Apr 24, 2021, 5:38:43 PM
Update:
So I already got empower 3, got a cluster jewel with Essence Rush, Arcane Adept, Practiced Caster (the one with Mage Hunter are through the roof atm). I changed some nodes to get more cast speed and changed Void Sphere to cold snap(so I can generate Frenzy charges while mapping and so getting more cast speed) and switch to Frost Bomb for some though bosses to avoid Maven Regen. Also already got The Blue Nightmare, currently my stats are sitting at 3.2K HP and 3.3K ES, I sacrifice some life for more damage because with the Blue Nightmare Im doing alright I think.
The thing is, Conquerors are still taking forever(A3 conquerors) and did Sirus A2 and felt super janky. I don't know what it is but damage just seems off. Yeah I can still improve with some quality gems and awakened but I mean, that isn't going to give me enough damage to make conquerors in A8 feel good and the price for the upgrade is quite high. Also im missing enlighten 4 so I can get rid of mana reserved nodes (3 points) and maybe get a medium cluster, but again I don't know if that is enough.

Any ideas/suggestions or something to point out that im doing wrong? Any help is appreciated as always.
"
Donizuka wrote:
Any ideas/suggestions or something to point out that im doing wrong? Any help is appreciated as always.

You are not doing anything wrong. You still have lots and lots of upgrades to make to every part of the build. This build usually takes close to 60ex - 75ex to roughly finish each league.

You are at about 3.1m dps right now. Once you make the upgrades you will easily get easily 7m dps, minimum.

Here are some damage increases you could make once you have the cash:

* Get the helmet enchant. The +2 to max incinerate stages is a massive amount of damage increase

* Get the 2 awakened gems for the incinerate setup. At level 5 these give a nice damage increase

* Get the Awakened Hextouch Level 5. This allows you to move to a dual curse set up which is again another large damage boost

* Keep your eye out for the +1 to all socketed gems corrupted armor. Again, another massive damage boost. This is usually the most expensive item in the build. I think I spent over 20ex on it last league

* You don't have quality on much of your gear. You should have tons of quality currency available. Pump everything up to 20% and then for the shield use the beast recipe to get it to 30% when you capture the right beast.

* You have not yet anointed your amulet

* The best in slot flask is Bottled Faith. It gives significant damage boost

* You are leaving damage on the table by not having perfect rolls on your two damage flasks.

* The medium cluster you don't yet have also adds damage and some QOL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info