[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

Wave of Conviction is getting nerfed. I do not know how much yet.
We don't have another easy way to apply exposure right? The cluster jewels one are 10% so even if WOC gets nerfed down to 10%, it's still the same.
I don't think the 10% nerf on wave of conviction will high impact the build, it will only lower a little the dps
Please upgrade the guide for 3.14
Thank you very much
Have to see how the passive tree changed but so far this build isn't touched, unless you are doing elementalist and using bastion of elements, where this was a small nerf.

OK so last night I was playing a bit of "what if" we replaced Discipline with Petrified Blood, both 35% mana reservation auras.

Say we normally have 4000 life and 4000 ES, with discipline giving 1000 of the ES. Normal: 4000 + 4000 = 8000 eHP

Say petrified blood scaled to 59% at level 20, so 59% of the damage to life would be deferred. In that case it would take 2000 + 1180 (59% of 2000) + 3000 to one shot us, or 6180

Why do this? 50% life is now the low life threshold, allowing us to take pain attunement without coward legacy belt (very expensive at league start), watcher eye with vulnerability curse immunity (easier to get better watcher eye combo), curse reduction rings.

The downside is this only works with hits, so any DOT will be more deadly. With less life pool chaos damage is also more dangerous, whereas normally our ES recovery on block makes us basically take no damage.

But both inquisitor and elemental (golems) have huge regen. If you have a life leech source the life leech does not go away since you are never at full life. If you are in danger a "panicked" life flask will instantly fill you to max (then you go back to 50% as you spend life with mana on skills).

This sounds really good to me, but I'm suspicious if my reasoning or math is off. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Earlier yesterday I had the brilliant thought of doing petrified blood with blood magic, reserving that 35% of life, since we want to stay at 50% anyways. So happy until I found out blood magic has a mana multiplier of around 200% :P

EDIT2: I originally added that inquisitor can use soul tether since pious path recovery still works, but realized with petrified blood you are never at full life, so life leech wont work toward ES anyways, and your life leech now will not expire either. So petrified blood breaks pious path/soul tether

EDIT3: My math above might be wrong, and our eHP may actually be BETTER. If the gem deferred 59% of the damage, then 59% of the hit is deferred. So we would only get 1 shot if 41% of the incoming hit is 2000 hp. X * .41 = 2000, X = 4878, so we actually have more eHP (for one shots) than before. Someone smarter at math help me! :D

EDIT4: Fixed original math with discipline. So with EDIT3 our eHP would be 4878 + 3000 = 7878, basically same as with discipline but now you have low life.
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Apr 14, 2021, 11:29:27 AM
"
YfdstBNDFr wrote:
Please upgrade the guide for 3.14
Thank you very much

So far I don't see any changes that would impact the build (except for the Bastion nerf on the Elementalist version).
So the tree should stay the same, as well as all skills and links.

EDIT:
Added the update log for the new update, and added a skill tree for the Elementalist version at the start of the post.
Last edited by Claeysken on Apr 14, 2021, 12:37:02 PM
OK gem info is just out. Petrified blood at level 20 quality 20 says:

40% of life loss below half is prevented, then 76% of the life loss prevented this way is lost over 4 seconds.

Skills gain base life cost equals to 40% of base mana cost while not on low life.

So let's redo the match I did earlier, 4K life and 4K ES (1K from discipline)

With this it's 2K life and 3K ES, petrified only prevents 40% of the hit.
So a hit of 3333 + 3K would one shot = 6333 eHP. (60% of 3333 hits 2K life, 40% of 3333 = 1333 prevented)

So for one shots, 1673 loss eHP. Definitely a risky tradeoff, but pain attunement is so good, hmm...

So, if anyone cares, I'm pretty proud and happy with how Ritual league went for me.

Here is the final version of my character:

https://pastebin.com/JLqHZb99

My first level 100 ever (playing since 2013), and that was game changing. not caring about leveling and dying takes a huge burden away from just "going"

Anyways, the gear isn't quite as good as Boneco's was, the rings and gloves aren't anywhere near "mirror" tier, but the build is just so solid. I hope in 3.14 with "closing eyes and slamming" ex's to be able to get some kind of serviceable rings

The build kills everything, and specifically shines (for me at least) doing Sirus a9, just follow him around and just keep nuking.. love it.

Having sub 2 minute times clearing juiced maps is still so very much fun :)

I have difficulty with Uber and Maven, not with dps, but specifically with the degens.. its just so random to get one in a bad place. I think I'm 50/50 total for the ubers and mavens killed and ones lost. Still great to be able to kill them even 50/50 compared to people I talk to that have spent many many many hundreds of ex's on their builds

love this build so much, it fits my play style and doesn't need anything summoned following me around :)

I did a lot of theory crafting, testing, and reading, specifically this from the devs about armor and dmg reduction / mitigation:

https://devtrackers.gg/pathofexile/p/015db97f-how-does-physical-damage-reduction-work-exactly

once I changed some things, like switching to Steadfast, I don't even need to pop a flask to deal with porcupines or anything else really, just keep moving forward and stuff just melts away

From the info out so far, it looks like the only meaningful "nerf" to the witch side of the house is the Aegis reduction.. Unless they sneak something else in, that's totally fine

Thanks Claeysken and the others that answered questions along the way

Sorry I'm still really excited on the petrified blood.

If we used essence worm and put determination in there, add enlighten level 3 and Sovereignty ring, we can use petrified blood and still keep Discipline.

Again the goal is to be able to use pain attunment/low life without the curse reduction rings/watcher eye, coward legacy.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Nevermind, the updated POB still had flesh/stone at 25% mana. Flesh/stone is 35% in 3.14, and I was using it to stand in for petrified blood since POB doesnt have that gem yet. Unless I use 2 essence worms there's not enough mana...

EDIT2: If we dont use HeraldAsh it would work, but I think Ash is too important to give up. Helps clear trash without infernal cry, adds about 13% damage on my POB, etc.
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Apr 15, 2021, 1:29:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info