[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

Is it better to channel and hold at 8-10 stages or is it stronger to release at max stages when doing single target damage?
"
How is he maxing out Chaos Res? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

If you look at the POB link he gave, go to the menu choice called "Calcs"

On the far right hand column you will see a block of data related to Resists.

If you hover your mouse over the Chaos %, it will show you all the sources of Chaos resist in his build.

47% from the Gloves
57% from the Amulet
12% from the Tree
16% from one ring
13% from one jewel
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 15, 2020, 9:16:22 PM
"
Reflexes18 wrote:
Is it better to channel and hold at 8-10 stages or is it stronger to release at max stages when doing single target damage?

Mathematically, if you time it absolutely perfectly, I believe it is better to release and then recharge.

However, you will find that you do not need to be precise. The character is so tanky that for 95% of the bosses, it is easy to just hold and release towards the end of life for one quick burst damage.

For the tier 1 bosses or the bosses that either phase or have high movement, you will have to naturally release no matter what.
I have been shredding every end game boss with ease. All until today.

I ran into what I thought was just a normal map boss in the Vaal Temple and I got absolutely destroyed multiple times by the boss. Every time I reentered the arena, it was an instant death.

Be very careful here. I have no idea if our character is vulnerable to this boss or if I just suck but it caught me way off guard. I lost multiple days of experience in a few seconds :(

Yo, this build is as fun as it gets. Awesome calls on the jewells, respect. I mostly play HoA cyclone tanks before, and this is some fresh air.

However, I must admit it is currently not running as well as advertised for me.
The majority of the ES sustain seems to come from the watcher's eye with ES gain on hit PLUS being unaffected by vulnerability.

When I started this, I was under the impression that a Watcher's eye with vulnerability mod would be sufficient, but I noticed I could not sustain ES without that Watcher's eye mod to get ES on hit. Kinda threw of my budget planning since the one in "my own gear" and "gear" is different. I thought you maintained your ES mostly by block, but once I got to tier 15 I was plebbed way too often, and noticed you run ES on hit on Watchers' Eye as well.

Other than that, superb build and ideas. Currently selling my starter to be able to reach the higher budget build.
"
SynesteN wrote:
Yo, this build is as fun as it gets. Awesome calls on the jewells, respect. I mostly play HoA cyclone tanks before, and this is some fresh air.

The majority of the ES sustain seems to come from the watcher's eye with ES gain on hit PLUS being unaffected by vulnerability.

When I started this, I was under the impression that a Watcher's eye with vulnerability mod would be sufficient, but I noticed I could not sustain ES without that Watcher's eye mod to get ES on hit. Kinda threw of my budget planning since the one in "my own gear" and "gear" is different. I thought you maintained your ES mostly by block, but once I got to tier 15 I was plebbed way too often, and noticed you run ES on hit on Watchers' Eye as well.

Other than that, superb build and ideas. Currently selling my starter to be able to reach the higher budget build.

Plus I have to add that rings with Chaos Res + Reduced Curse effect seem to be rare af currently. Even the ones with mods one does not need or bad rolls on good mods a rare.
"
SynesteN wrote:

* The ES on hit is nothing more than pure min maxing. It is absolutely not needed to sustain ES. It may arguably be one of the very last items to look for in the late end game build.

* The key on the Watchers Eye, after Vulnerability immunity, is getting the best roll you can on +armor when using determination. The bigger your armor, the better your shield will work to refresh your ES. You want to be well over 40k armor when you pop your flask. Right now your armor is only 16k, which is making the most important mod on the shield basically useless.

* Also, we get ES leech from the Cluster jewel node Essence Rush. You are missing this node on your large cluster set up.

* You are also missing the most important defensive flask in your set up. Since this build thrives off of armor to refresh ES, you really need to use a granite flask as soon as you can.

* You are using two quicksilver flasks. The quicksilver flasks do not work with the Stampede boots. Change these out to match the build guide when you can.

If you make these changes, you will find the build significantly more tanky.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 16, 2020, 1:48:27 AM
"
SynesteN wrote:

Plus I have to add that rings with Chaos Res + Reduced Curse effect seem to be rare af currently. Even the ones with mods one does not need or bad rolls on good mods a rare.

Almost every one who is playing this build this league is ignoring the Reduced Curse mod.

The curses barely have any effect on us outside of Temp Chains, and for that, you can just reroll the map if you don't like going slow.

I have run multi curse T16 maps with no issues.

If you have everything else in place (damage, armor, ele resists, and chaos resist), then you can add the curse reduction at the end if you want to min max but my guess is you won't need it.

There was a player in this thread who earlier got to level 100 with this build and used 0 curse reduction.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 16, 2020, 1:40:35 AM
Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling I might have overlooked something, didn't know it was that much. Will update the points you mentioned.
thanks for this build. it's restored my willingness to play again

I tried another build to league start heist.. it turned into a huge money sink to get it anywhere near survivable... sirus 4 destroyed that build

I played incinerate witch for years and loved it, but it got to be too much of a glass cannon

this is so refreshing to be able to burn it all down, and still take a hit

couple questions

the watcher's eye,(an affordable one), goes hand in hand with the belt, yes? I can't afford the belt yet

it seems like that crown with the incinerate +2 is rare af.. i've seen 1 for sale in the last week, and it was gone in minutes

i'm going to kill kitava 10 in an hour or so, then its mapping time, but even at level 72, I don't have enough mana to turn on determination.. is an enlighten 4 the only way? if so, then it becomes a choice between the belt / watchers eye, and an enlighten 4

I really wish I wasn't always so poor in game

I found out the hard way last running a vaal side area, we can't do reflect lol.. is it both elemental and physical?

Once I kill kitava the last time, that will tell me how bad my resists are.. do you all just mex chaos, or is there a non max number I can hit and still kill Sirus? that's my league goal now. I've never had to change builds in the middle of a league, it's so frustrating

it it normal to be always low on dex? I've been fighting that whole time
Last edited by frotzthedragon on Oct 16, 2020, 8:57:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info