[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

Now that I'm a little more flushed with cash I bought a few pieces of gear to fix my resists (esp chaos) and stats. Here is a few hobo tips:

Soul of Steel is a very expensive enchant... but there are talismans already enchanted with it. This is one I bought last nite:

Three Rat Talisman
Allocates Soul of Steel (enchant)
16% increased Attributes (implicit)
24% increased Spell Damage
Adds 1 to 2 Physical Damage to Attacks
60% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
+35% to Fire Resistance
+48% to Cold Resistance
Corrupted

Kikazaru was buffed this league so that it gives 60% reduced curse effectiveness, so it free you from the other ring having to have it as well. Here is one I bought last night

Kikazaru
37% reduced Rarity of Items found (scourge)
-10% to all Elemental Resistances (scourge)
+30% to Cold Resistance (scourge)
+20% to Chaos Resistance (scourge)
+23% to Lightning Resistance (implicit)
+12 to all Attributes
25% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
60% reduced Effect of Curses on you
Regenerate 1 Life per second per Level
"
"
Physium wrote:
Defeated A8 Sirus in 3.16 Scourge! Here to affirm that this built can beat A8 Sirus without much problem (and most of my items (except belt and ring) cost less half of 1 ex). Not the face tank kind, but can tank most of the damage without problems. Died once because I assumed I can stand on the Geysers without getting damage.

For potions, you can get Panicked Divine Life Flask of XXX instead of seething , which is instant recovery for low life. You can use it more times, almost no drawback but do not has phasing either.

great work!!

How did you like Call to Arms in the Skin of the Lords?

It does make mapping a bit faster. I like being able to cast warcry while charging incinerate though.

Sadly, the biggest drawback of Call to arms is that I cannot combo my infernal cry with second wind as I cannot keep 2 charges. So I will have to wait if there are two packs very close to each other.
Last edited by Physium on Oct 31, 2021, 11:56:07 AM
"
Physium wrote:
"
"
Physium wrote:
Defeated A8 Sirus in 3.16 Scourge! Here to affirm that this built can beat A8 Sirus without much problem (and most of my items (except belt and ring) cost less half of 1 ex). Not the face tank kind, but can tank most of the damage without problems. Died once because I assumed I can stand on the Geysers without getting damage.

For potions, you can get Panicked Divine Life Flask of XXX instead of seething , which is instant recovery for low life. You can use it more times, almost no drawback but do not has phasing either.

great work!!

How did you like Call to Arms in the Skin of the Lords?

It does make mapping a bit faster. I like being able to cast warcry while charging incinerate though.

Sadly, the biggest drawback of Call to arms is that I cannot combo my infernal cry with second wind as I cannot keep 2 charges. So I will have to wait if there are two packs very close to each other.

oh wow. I had no idea Call to Arms did not work with Second Wind....

Thank you for the information...
Hey all! Thank you for an amazing build, its literally the thing I was looking for all this time. Puny monsters healing me instead of harming while I cook them. Perfect :)

Firstly, some notes I had -
We need to mitigate 50% of curse effecti veness, and the ring can have almost up to 40. The remaining 10% can e picked up on our rare jewel - the one OP uses with aromor and life% - There are quite cheap options with Reduced curse effectiveness, I got one for 3c or so.
This opes a suffix for our second ring, which I think is pretty nice, we can fit in more stats that we otherwise need on the amulet, which is super expensive with Int skill affix, and the more options - the worse it becomes

On to the questions -
The annoints are super crazy, literally the most expensive possible, 5 golden oils for two. What might be other workable cheap options?

Also, I might be stupid, but I cant figure what Im doing wrong. I have +- similar gear, I mean, we have a lot of uniques that dont have crazy scalings or variety for affixes, so they are mostly the same. Rares we use are life and res, except for the amulet. But my PoB show me puny noodle dmg on my setup, whereas OP has 5kk+
Can someone help me ascend the stair of knowledge?

I do understand that the gem setup is very important, and I dont have Empower, but Ive tried readjusting my PoB to include all the upgrades I can see, and I still only got 1kk on paper.
I put Empower 4 (and even corrupted skin in pob for +1), got all the anomalous upgrades and q20% every gem. Took the remaining 1-2 nodes on the tree (I have all the needed clusters)
Still I go from 300-400k to 1kk. Where's dem damages? T_T
Last edited by Serafzor on Oct 31, 2021, 3:58:41 PM
"
Serafzor wrote:

On to the questions -
The annoints are super crazy, literally the most expensive possible, 5 golden oils for two. What might be other workable cheap options?

Also, I might be stupid, but I cant figure what Im doing wrong. I have +- similar gear, I mean, we have a lot of uniques that dont have crazy scalings or variety for affixes, so they are mostly the same. Rares we use are life and res, except for the amulet. But my PoB show me puny noodle dmg on my setup, whereas OP has 5kk+

I do understand that the gem setup is very important, and I dont have Empower, but Ive tried readjusting my PoB to include all the upgrades I can see, and I still only got 1kk on paper.
I put Empower 4 (and even corrupted skin in pob for +1), got all the anomalous upgrades and q20% every gem. Took the remaining 1-2 nodes on the tree (I have all the needed clusters)

Look for Talisman's that are already anointed with Soul of Steel (you can leave Whispers of Doom until very late and you have plenty of currency). There are some decent cheap ones on sale on trade. See a few posts above your for an example.

If you leave a link to your POB, I can take a look at it for you and give you some info. It is likely you don't have your config set up correctly for single target in POB. There are a lot of boxes to click to make sure you have the correct burst damage showing.
I picked up a fairly cheap Skin of the Lords with Elemental Overload. 60c and I save a tree point.

I am dying to move to a 6 link but I have to save just a touch more as some of my resists are in the armor I am wearing and I have to replace those resists else where.
Hey, I want to ask also. Do we need both awaken hextouch and whisper of doom? Or just one will do?
"
Physium wrote:
Hey, I want to ask also. Do we need both awaken hextouch and whisper of doom? Or just one will do?

You just need Whispers of Doom.

Awakened Hex Touch Level 5 provides some small improvements but it would probably be your very last upgrade.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 31, 2021, 7:02:08 PM
"
"
Serafzor wrote:

On to the questions -

Look for Talisman's that are already anointed with Soul of Steel (you can leave Whispers of Doom until very late and you have plenty of currency). There are some decent cheap ones on sale on trade. See a few posts above your for an example.

If you leave a link to your POB, I can take a look at it for you and give you some info. It is likely you don't have your config set up correctly for single target in POB. There are a lot of boxes to click to make sure you have the correct burst damage showing.

Unfortunately there were no good enough talismans to cover both annoints and resists for affordable prices, so Im sticking with a regular amulet wth no annoints for now.
Sure, if you could point me where I am doing smth wrong, that would be most helpful. Im fairly new to the game, so I assume I might miss some vital nfo.

Here's the current state of my char:
https://pastebin.com/sR5Eq8dS
Oh frak, I decided to divine my thread of hope to get less elemental resist penality... it turned it into a small radius thread... :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info