[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
I tested out switching Concentrated Effect for Controlled Destruction.

The lower AOE is noticeable but seems to be manageable.

The damage level with CE was SO MUCH higher because EO was up almost constantly.

I am a long long way aways from awakened level 5 of Controlled Destruction (where we will get Unnerve) so I may stick with CE for the time being unless there are other ideas on how to proc EO more often with Controlled Destruction.

I am willing to experiment so if you guys have any ideas let me know.

@Aiviator, you seem the furthest along in your build, how you are finding the uptime of EO with your set up?

During mapping, I've found it's actually up most of the time without flasking for me... Hmm dunno, no changes seem needed, but I'm running pretty decent gear (Standard pleb xD )

"
Claeysken wrote:
"

The damage level with CE was SO MUCH higher because EO was up almost constantly.

I am a long long way aways from awakened level 5 of Controlled Destruction (where we will get Unnerve) so I may stick with CE for the time being unless there are other ideas on how to proc EO more often with Controlled Destruction.

@Aiviator, you seem the furthest along in your build, how you are finding the uptime of EO with your set up?

During mapping, I've found it's actually up most of the time without flasking for me... Hmm dunno, no changes seem needed, but I'm running pretty decent gear (Standard pleb xD )

Can you leave a link to your POB? If you are keeping EO up with no flasks, I am doing something very wrong.

I think there are only two stats we care about. Crit chance and cast speed so I will check your gear to see if there are any mods that are helping you.
"
"
Claeysken wrote:
"

Can you leave a link to your POB? If you are keeping EO up with no flasks, I am doing something very wrong.

I think there are only two stats we care about. Crit chance and cast speed so I will check your gear to see if there are any mods that are helping you.

Here you go:
"
"
Claeysken wrote:

this is one of those very depressing moments for me when I realize how little I know about this game :(

I removed your flasks and your crit chance is TINY at only 1.75%. It is actually SMALLER than what I have right now when using Controlled Destruction and I only see EO maybe once or twice in a map when using CD.

I clearly have no idea what I am suppose to be looking at here as I can't understand how you have high up time of EO with no flasks active.

Maybe my play style is causing the issue...
"
"
Claeysken wrote:

this is one of those very depressing moments for me when I realize how little I know about this game :(

I removed your flasks and your crit chance is TINY at only 1.75%. It is actually SMALLER than what I have right now when using Controlled Destruction and I only see EO maybe once or twice in a map when using CD.

I clearly have no idea what I am suppose to be looking at here as I can't understand how you have high up time of EO with no flasks active.

Maybe my play style is causing the issue...

I just recorded some gameplay to actually check how often it's up.
I do have to admit, I seem to have more downtime on it then was noticable to me.
But it doesn't seem enough to actually have to invest more into it.

What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8eVqHMBaYk
I think I can't count 2 separate numbers at the same time watching the video :D

During mapping EO downtime seems pretty bad. When the boss came out you triggered an EO and you killed it before it went away, maybe lucky?

So let's say it's 50% uptime. EO gives 40% more damage, so then you are getting 20% out of it. Swapping a gem like is 20% less damage is an equal swap. If you swap Arcane Surge (level 20) for it (and remove the customer config) it's a 10% loss, which is the approach I'm going with. Guaranteed EO and arcane surge uptime.

"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
I think I can't count 2 separate numbers at the same time watching the video :D

During mapping EO downtime seems pretty bad. When the boss came out you triggered an EO and you killed it before it went away, maybe lucky?

So let's say it's 50% uptime. EO gives 40% more damage, so then you are getting 20% out of it. Swapping a gem like is 20% less damage is an equal swap. If you swap Arcane Surge (level 20) for it (and remove the customer config) it's a 10% loss, which is the approach I'm going with. Guaranteed EO and arcane surge uptime.

I already have Arcane Surge on a cheap cluster right now. I may stick with Concentrated Effect for now.

There is also the less elegant option of mapping with Controlled Destruction and bossing with CE but I am not a fan of swapping since I always forget.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 26, 2021, 5:50:43 PM
"
Claeysken wrote:

I just recorded some gameplay to actually check how often it's up.
I do have to admit, I seem to have more downtime on it then was noticable to me.
But it doesn't seem enough to actually have to invest more into it.

What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8eVqHMBaYk

Thank you for recording and posting. That was very helpful. I know there is a ton of RNG here so I will just say that roughly looks like what I get when I use Controlled Destruction.

Investment is always a tough question since we need to understand what the tradeoffs are. But EO is arguably our largest damage boost from the tree. Having more up time on it would be fabulous but I am not convinced just investing in some basic crit chance would be enough to make a difference.

Concentrated Effect makes a huge difference in up time but that has its downsides as well since we lose AOE and lose the chance for Unnerve.

I just want near constant up time of EO with Controlled Destruction :) I know I know..... lol
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 26, 2021, 5:52:43 PM
Yay just bought my cerberus for 4C (all natural drops), hobo mode step 1 :D
Hello all,

I am playing this build and I also noticed the issue with uptime on elemental overload. I agree with Andy that while using Conc Effect might feel more consistent, we lose Unnerve and AOE, which feels bad. In theory, we should be able to determine the combination of crit chance and cast rate necessary to achieve better uptime of EO with CD.

I think we can model our chance to crit in a given duration like this:
y = 1 - (z^(r*x))
y = Chance to land a single crit in x seconds
z = Chance to not crit (If you have 1% crit chance, this would be 0.99)
r = Cast Rate
x = Duration

So lets say in theory you were killing a boss and you could have 100% uptime of incinerate. We just need to crit once every 8 seconds to maintain EO. If I use the numbers from the updated POB that was posted (12.15 Cast Rate and 3% effective crit [Bottled Faith]).
1 - (0.97^(12.15*8)) = 0.948 = 95% chance to crit once in 8 seconds
Math

If we assume no Bottle Faith (1.75% crit chance):
1 - (0.9825^(12.15*8)) = 0.820 = 82% chance to crit once in 8 seconds
Math

These numbers don't seem terrible but they assume you have 100% uptime, which is very unrealistic.

I don't really know if this is helpful to anyone and I'm not knowledgeable about this build in any capacity, just saw you guys talking about it and was bored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info