[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

@Claeysken

I would highly recommend updating the POB in the first post to match Aiviator's beautiful theory craft.

https://pastebin.com/JiPYmt5V

I have seen multiple people on reddit talking about Incinerate and if they come here they should see the most updated version we have in the first post.

Up to you though, as it is your build guide :)

@Andy - maybe I'm confused. I thought lord of the skin will only have 1 of the notables I listed (that in 3.16 they shrinked the choice pool down to that small pool)? If not then it's the same pool as 3.15 PLUS the ones I listed?

BTW we DO leech life, with Cerberus Limb: 0.5% of Spell Damage Leeched as Life if Equipped Shield has at least 30% Chance to Block

Some feedback

>>> Avatar of Fire - 50% of Physical, Cold and Lightning Damage Converted to Fire Damage
>>> [Andy] I am not really sure what this will do to Tempest Shield....I would lean towards not using. At best it does nothing for us.

I think it would just make tempest shield do half its damage as fire

>>> Iron Reflexes - Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour. Dexterity provides no bonus to Evasion Rating
>>> [Andy] Buff to our armor. Well worth taking.

I agree. My POB shows over 3367 evasion rating, which translates to 6496 armor (losing 18% evade)

>>> Vaal Pact - Total Recovery per second from Life Leech is doubled
>>> [Andy] Very bad for us because we do not life leech. Do Not Use.

We do leech life with cereberus. Double life leech recovery (40% a second) is very good, at the lost of like 100 life regen. Just a little annoying if there's no mobs and you have to drink a life flask to top it off

>>> Necromatic Aegies - All bonuses from an Equipped Shield apply to your Minions instead of you
>>> [Andy] Even though we have no minions, I assume this would be very bad. Do not use

Yes bad, our shield's main purpose is ES recovery on block, we would lose that.

>> Ghost Reaver - Leech Energy Shield instead of Life
>> [Andy] we have no life leech sources, so this is bad. Do Not Use

Again we do leech life, but we have so much ES recovery already, chaos damage is probably the biggest risk, so no take.

>>> Wicked Ward - Energy Shield Recharge is not interrupted by Damage if Recharge began Recently
>>> [Andy] This is a hard one to gauge. I am leaning towards no but it is not build breaking.

I personally do not like ES recharge since you have to not get hit for a while to start recharging, and we get hit a lot.
Do not take

>>> Minion Instability - Build neutral - does not hurt or help us

I might try to squeeze in a stone or lightning golem, but yeah neutral.

Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Oct 22, 2021, 2:29:01 AM
"
@Claeysken

I would highly recommend updating the POB in the first post to match Aiviator's beautiful theory craft.

https://pastebin.com/JiPYmt5V

I have seen multiple people on reddit talking about Incinerate and if they come here they should see the most updated version we have in the first post.

Up to you though, as it is your build guide :)

Done!

Thanks so much at Aiviator! Very beautiful work!
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
@Andy - maybe I'm confused. I thought lord of the skin will only have 1 of the notables I listed (that in 3.16 they shrinked the choice pool down to that small pool)? If not then it's the same pool as 3.15 PLUS the ones I listed?

BTW we DO leech life, with Cerberus Limb: 0.5% of Spell Damage Leeched as Life if Equipped Shield has at least 30% Chance to Block

I am pretty sure Skin of the Lords can have any keystone in the game. In the patch notes they just listed the new ones they added to the tree this league so people would be aware of the additions.

Here is the exact wording they used. I think using the word "also" means that these are in addition to the total pool

The following Keystones Passive Skills can also now appear on the Skin of the Lords Unique Body Armour: Divine Shield, Ghost Dance, Iron Will, Lethe Shade, Magebane, Solipsism and Versatile Combatant

I totally forgot about Cerberus so I agree with your leech comments, I will go back and fix that in my post. I still won't use Vaal Pact though as no life regen could kill us with chaos DOT and no bad guys to leech from. My pob would lose 352 of life regen.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 23, 2021, 12:25:33 AM
"
Claeysken wrote:

Thanks so much at Aiviator! Very beautiful work!

Thank you Aviator for the POB, and thank you Claeysken for being very gracious about it. For some people their guide is their identity and I was a little concerned Clay might take offense, but we have a great group here! :D

I don't really hear about people playing incinerate. Miner/trapper, TR champion, some spellslingers. I'm tempted to play totems again now that forbidden rites is nerfed to the ground (totems are actually more tanky and you can taunt with them), and it is easier on my fingers, but this build is the only one I've killed "serious" content with. Scourge looks pretty rippy so I'll see how long my altoholicism holds out!
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:

I don't really hear about people playing incinerate. Miner/trapper, TR champion, some spellslingers. I'm tempted to play totems again now that forbidden rites is nerfed to the ground (totems are actually more tanky and you can taunt with them), and it is easier on my fingers, but this build is the only one I've killed "serious" content with. Scourge looks pretty rippy so I'll see how long my altoholicism holds out!

Incinerate is a very low played skill. People just don't like standing still to deal damage after years of playing "Circle of Exile" where you run around in a circle to deal damage.

I think you are going to love the build this league. To make it as cheap as possible, I removed all flasks, all awaken gems, whispers of doom anoint, and pain attunement from my build. I also replaced the fancy corrupted armor with just a regular Skin of the Loyal. I shut off all Vaal Skills.

At just level 90, missing all these build items, POB is still showing 2m dps and that is with AA instead of HOA.

The only thing we need to slightly sweat for this low budget level is how expensive the small cluster jewel will be (since it is build defining for us, and I assume many other builds trying the cram in Determination)

I think we are in a very good spot to league start unless POB has fooled us entirely, which I doubt.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 22, 2021, 11:48:52 AM
For those like me that did not know, Elemental Overload is no longer an Icon that appears at the top of the screen when it procs. Instead look at your Incinerate skill on the skill bar and you will see a small diamond appear when EO procs.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 23, 2021, 2:06:15 AM
Any recommendations for cheap other cheap uniques or gear to look for early before we can get the unique gear in pob?
Last edited by getcheesed on Oct 22, 2021, 8:08:48 PM
"
getcheesed wrote:
Any recommendations for cheap other cheap uniques or gear to look for early before we can get the unique gear in pob?

You can get by with all rares you pick until you can afford the unique shield and weapon. The unique weapon is always very cheap (a couple of chaos can get you started). I am unsure what the shield price will be this league though.

Outside of that, the normal leveling uniques, like a Tabula, are certainly useful.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 22, 2021, 10:48:43 PM
POB has been updated.

It looks like Determination, Safeguard and Tempest Shield are now all working correctly.

I don't think support for the aura small cluster is there yet and I also don't think the awakened gems have been updated yet (from what I can see awakened elemental focus level 5 should have given a large bump in damage but it gave 0).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info