(UPDATED with Prizes!) Weekend Cut-throat Event

Damn I can't wait til the next CT league, I want to play it so bad! So many new theories I want to test to improve my scores from this weekend.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
Last edited by NotSorry on Apr 25, 2012, 1:05:27 AM
"
I actually tried this during the CT I came late to, since I used to do multiple runs to Hillock and town to get the three basic gems for each class. It works alright, but tapers off by 3-4. Skill gem drops are very rare, but since it's really just another zone, anything can drop within level limits.

...I think if you start 'on-time', you're still better served to head into the Terraces and face level 2 critters and get better gear. If you start later, sure, it might give you a bit more of a fighting chance, but not really much of one.

I think they need to do something about the fact that if you lose your starter weapon, then it's easier to just create a new character, run it to town and drop off the new starter weapon - than to just acquire a new one on your current character.
"
Darkfyre wrote:
"
I actually tried this during the CT I came late to, since I used to do multiple runs to Hillock and town to get the three basic gems for each class. It works alright, but tapers off by 3-4. Skill gem drops are very rare, but since it's really just another zone, anything can drop within level limits.

...I think if you start 'on-time', you're still better served to head into the Terraces and face level 2 critters and get better gear. If you start later, sure, it might give you a bit more of a fighting chance, but not really much of one.

I think they need to do something about the fact that if you lose your starter weapon, then it's easier to just create a new character, run it to town and drop off the new starter weapon - than to just acquire a new one on your current character.
I had a real easy time getting new weps out of people's old instances, just look for one with no name
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
Last edited by duolc on Apr 25, 2012, 3:04:33 AM
"
siffin wrote:
I have sorted out some graphs if anyone is interested. One might think graphs based on experience aren't as valuable in a cut throat ladder, well check it out:

Thanks! Graphs are always welcome! Some interesting stuff in there for sure.
"

level 1 critters gain you 20 xp á piece and level 2 critters gained me 22 xp or 20 xp in level range last time I tried it out. It is therefore a lot better pr. kill to go directly for level 4 Mud Flats where you gain 38 xp for each kill and also get a lot better gear. Terraces is a transport-level. At the moment it might be a good idea to level at the beach, collect loot in Mud Flats and gank in Terraces if you want to play CT!
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
Cute graphs make my murderous rampage all the better ^ ^
"
radiatoren wrote:
"

level 1 critters gain you 20 xp á piece and level 2 critters gained me 22 xp or 20 xp in level range last time I tried it out. It is therefore a lot better pr. kill to go directly for level 4 Mud Flats where you gain 38 xp for each kill and also get a lot better gear. Terraces is a transport-level. At the moment it might be a good idea to level at the beach, collect loot in Mud Flats and gank in Terraces if you want to play CT!

Fair enough. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I think players should give more xp in CT giving you a little more option to fight early without getting insanely out leveled by people who just avoid pvp and try to race ahead so they can come back 15lvls higher than everyone else
Last edited by NotSorry on Apr 25, 2012, 10:03:08 PM
"
NotSorry wrote:
I think players should give more xp in CT giving you a little more option to fight early without getting insanely out leveled by people who just avoid pvp and try to race ahead so they can come back 15lvls higher than everyone else

Given that xp gained = xp loss, it will always be better to kill monsters.

The only way it wouldn't be was if you had an endless stream of unskilled players throwing themselves at you to die. And really, I don't think PoE has the population to support that. Plus people that bad would probably tire of CT quite quickly.

Of course if xp gained was much greater that XP lost it might be viable. And I think the PvP experience is always much better in a game where you can progress solely from PvP. So after all my rambling, I suggest that. Though it does give me ideas for an rather interesting PvP mode.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info