(UPDATED with Prizes!) Weekend Cut-throat Event

"
Saffell wrote:
"
Silty wrote:
"
Saffell wrote:
Of course if xp gained was much greater that XP lost it might be viable. And I think the PvP experience is always much better in a game where you can progress solely from PvP. So after all my rambling, I suggest that. Though it does give me ideas for an rather interesting PvP mode.

I don't think that should ever be the case, since it encourages getting a friend and killing each other repeatedly for exp.

Too true. XP trading is a problem in most PvP games I've played.
Make the bonus only once per account to discourage abuse
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
I'd expected from their announcements at least one HC CT race (on this weekend?)

hmm usually they are announced on a Thursday so it does seem strange. Last weekends race wasn't really announced until later.
Considering how much is going on with the alpha patch and everything maybe they are just waiting til a few more changes are finalized before announcing it.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
...I'd also contend that the Gw2 beta weekend might be an issue. Moreso than That-Other-Game, Gw2 and PoE can definitely co-exist peacefully, and last time I saw a dev talk about Gw2 in chat, it was to basically say 'if we could get into the beta, we'd LOVE to!'

I hope there is a cut-throat this weekend for all of you who truly love it, but I can say I for one won't be there to give away free low level kills. ;)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I'll take 3 hours out of my busy schedule that includes gw2 to stomp another set of victims...err I mean players.
Oh, how well we know it, Nots...but I'd say it takes the GGG crew a bit more than those three hours to set up and run a 3-hour cut-throat test. And they are still tests, as is the entire game. Enjoy as much as we do, that can't be forgotten either.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Oh, how well we know it, Nots...but I'd say it takes the GGG crew a bit more than those three hours to set up and run a 3-hour cut-throat test. And they are still tests, as is the entire game. Enjoy as much as we do, that can't be forgotten either.

I'm greedy as well has a egomaniac ^ ^
[on a HC CT race]

"
NotSorry wrote:
Oh I would love that so much, but not sure how the general population would feel about it after getting killed and losing everything

That might actually be better, since ppl couldn't complain that they are "stuck" with no gear.

Then again, repeatedly reaching Terraces and then getting killed might bring on more, louder complaints. :)
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
unsane wrote:
[on a HC CT race]

"
NotSorry wrote:
Oh I would love that so much, but not sure how the general population would feel about it after getting killed and losing everything

That might actually be better, since ppl couldn't complain that they are "stuck" with no gear.

Then again, repeatedly reaching Terraces and then getting killed might bring on more, louder complaints. :)
Seriously I should make up a bunch of little Cut-Throat tips for the bottom of loading screens
There Will Be Deaths.

Anyway, you got your wish, Nots, you greedy little Legolasshole. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info