(UPDATED with Prizes!) Weekend Cut-throat Event

"
dknight wrote:
What do people think about a 6 player group being able to enter an instance with one player in it?

Should the amount of hostile players allowed to enter an instance be 1:1?
1 person there, 1 hostile can enter?

Or maybe, 2:1?
1 person there, 2 max can enter?

Maybe the "defending" player gets a buff like monsters do for every one they are out numbered by?

Doesn't really bother me either way, but I can see issues for people arising if 6 people are allowed to attack single players at will.

It doesn't bother me at all, it is possible to leave. The balancer for me is the fact that winners are determined by killing blows. If you have 6v1 then 5 of those people aren't getting anything toward the winning goal.
I'm more concerted about level differences of people invading than the number of them I've won 1v4s but I've yet to win a fight with someone more than 8 levels above me.

Altho the thought of getting some kind of buff to help combat a group does sound like it could be fun ^ ^
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
"
NotSorry wrote:

hahahahahahahahahaahahaha I love it!!!!

Glad I could put a smile on your dial
I'm BACK :)
"
NotSorry wrote:
I'm more concerted about level differences of people invading than the number of them I've won 1v4s but I've yet to win a fight with someone more than 8 levels above me.

Altho the thought of getting some kind of buff to help combat a group does sound like it could be fun ^ ^

Agreed, numbers don't seem to mean much (as in numbers of people), I've faced off groups of people close to my level and managed to kill some before the rest got away. If an individual has a much higher level, however, that's a whole nother story.
They were lucky to be able to run, that damn sword of yours was doing nearly 90% of my hp in 1hit
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
"
NotSorry wrote:
I'm more concerted about level differences of people invading than the number of them

Yeah, I agree.

Some options:

-Limit hostile player interaction to be within +/- a set number. (like 5)

Problem with that is a lower level character can't try to take out higher levels for higher risk/reward.

-Variation on this is having no + cap. A lower level can enter any player instance higher than him/her.

Problems could arise if they remove the /whois and/or ladder.

A level 60 player makes a Normal Ship's Gravyard and I take my level 5 thinking I'm hunting a level 10-ish. Challenge is good, but that's different. This could be seen as being clever or unfair.

Maybe in that scenario, players names could be color coded on the instance tab.
Levels above you:
0-5 - white
5-10 - orange
10-20 - red

Lower levels wouldn't matter since higher levels could only attack say 5 levels lower.

-Let any level enter any instance, but allow the loot dropped only if within a certain level range.

Partially stops the griefing. No items to be gained, less loss for the lower character. People will still do it to annoy people from time to time.

This would only really work with default. As higher levels could still kill lowbies, and with life usually be greater than items in hardcore... Not so good.

Added ideas? Comments? Variations?
As someone who plays HC and plans to full time CTHC I'm not really too concerned with things like loot not being dropped or extra things like that, I want something that flat out stops someone more than 5lvls (just a random number that feels right for some reason) higher coming in and 1-2shotting me. Yes I know I can just TP and leave, but I want to fight people who come to kill me but currently I can't see his level til he's on my screen and by then if he's much higher level my chance for escape just dropped drastically. Now if I know the person who joined can only possibly be 5lvls (again just a random number that feels right atm) higher than me, I'm going to prepare myself to fight him to the death.
"
tachi203 wrote:
"
unsane wrote:
One possibility is to scavenge other players' empty low-mid level instances.

lol, was impossible. The campers would see your alone and in the low area's they would find you quickly and kill you with ease long before you found anything of worth. Let alone equipted it.

I'm skeptical. Scavenging seems easy to me. At all times, depending on your level, there were some 15-30 various empty instances you could join.

Plus you always have a head start, it's not like invaders are sitting there staring at one single auto-updating ctrl+click list. They are cycling viewing other waypoint/instance lists, other ppl are coming and going keeping their attention. Does it even update in realtime? You prob have to esc and re-click to update the list.

Plus, the hunted always gets the warning of the invaded message, so when someone does join, you can just easily exit the game with 5 sec delay, or waypoint/town portal instantly. There aren't even any mobs around to get in your way. It's a good trick even for grabbing future waypoints with little interference.

"
NotSorry wrote:
and silty some people want to have names hidden so you couldn't possibly remember who've you already killed so you would just continue to kill them over and over without noticing that it was the same person. Doesn't seem like the most thought out plan to me.

That's assuming that future cutthroat leagues would even care about unique kills. Not sure such a metric would matter in any way in a permanent league, for e.g.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97
Necropolis: 98
Last edited by unsane on Apr 23, 2012, 6:13:54 AM
"
NotSorry wrote:
They were lucky to be able to run, that damn sword of yours was doing nearly 90% of my hp in 1hit

Sometimes it was difficult to get even one hit off, since I hadn't realized the importance of move speed and attack speed (leap turned out too slow), and couldn't be bothered to pick up something like phase run on an alt. All I had was damage, hp, and blood magic.
Last edited by Silty on Apr 23, 2012, 8:23:44 AM
"
Silty wrote:
"
NotSorry wrote:

Sometimes it was difficult to get even one hit off, since I hadn't realized the importance of move speed and attack speed (leap turned out too slow), and couldn't be bothered to pick up something like phase run on an alt. All I had was damage, hp, and blood magic.

Yea I've come to the theory that movement speed is the most important stat in pvp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info