[3.13] Storm Brand Necro. Retired no longer. All content viable and Whiskey Proof™

How are my numbers so far from yours? I am almost 8m dps off your build, with arguably equivalent gear.

https://pastebin.com/VKcDRfS1
Last edited by Nulledout on May 19, 2020, 10:45:36 PM
"
lect84 wrote:
Thanks for the build post.

How come when I build with pretty much the same items, my POB only shows about 1/6th of your POB damage? When I import my items onto your POB it just drops. What am I missing?

edit: disable Vaal Clarity in your Skills tab. Ooops. Thanks.

hah... ya it kind of breaks the build for us.

You are heading in the right direction but there are upgrades all over the place available.
1. Max mana is low due to helmet, ring 1 and abyss jewel being devoid.
2. quality amulet.
3. annoint crusader on boots.
4. Level all gems.
5. [Probably most important] Quality brand recall and get a level 4 empower and level 7 brand recall. This will keep you from dropping your brands.
6. Make lightning highest uncapped res for wise oak to work.
Last edited by f1rstborn on May 20, 2020, 12:55:22 AM
"
How are my numbers so far from yours? I am almost 8m dps off your build, with arguably equivalent gear.

To get closer you will need:
1. To remove both quicksilver flasks. Neither are helpful as stampede renders the movement speed useless.
2. Include a wise oak flask for penetration
3. Craft, or buy, a large cluster jewel with corrosive elements [for exposure]
4. Annoint crusader on boots
5. Upgrade enchant on helm to 12%
6. Craft helm for additional -9% [Crusader Mod]

This would put you in line with the gear I am using.
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"

1. To remove both quicksilver flasks. Neither are helpful as stampede renders the movement speed useless.

1. The flasks do need to get replaced, but they don't affect the pob.
2. I have Wise Oak in my bank along with the others you recommend. But again, see item 1.
3. I will do exactly that.
4. I need to do that too, didn't realize it made that much of a difference
5. You are better off buying the base with it, as running lab is WAY to RNG. The base alone with enchant is 20ex starting. The one I got was 5ex and the only one of its kind.
6. I can look into fusing a crusader mod into mine.
Last edited by Nulledout on May 20, 2020, 9:05:00 AM
Ugh, 2.5k alts later and still working on that fucking large cluster jewel...
"
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"

2. I have Wise Oak in my bank along with the others you recommend. But again, see item 1.
5. You are better off buying the base with it, as running lab is WAY to RNG. The base alone with enchant is 20ex starting. The one I got was 5ex and the only one of its kind.

1. Depends on what you replace them with. A mitigation pot, no an atziri's promise, yes.
2. It adds 1M+ DPS definitely effects PoB.
5. There is an INT base listed for 4C right now that has been up for 9 days. People don't know what they have lol.
"
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"

Disable Vaal Clarity. Or if you're lazy, just buy a non-vaal clarity gem so you don't confuse yourself like I did.

In your configuration options make sure your Brands are attached.

Also put Righteous Fury in the same link with Empower. You will get a few extra % more spell damage by doing that.

Just by doing the above you've got almost 5 shaper dps without flasks. Technically you need to fudge the Pledge oF Hands multiplier to get true DPS as POB won't calculate the Greater Spell Echo. (somewhat negated by Shock %, you only get 15% dmg increase as the shock comes from your corpses).
Anyone thought about using this build with Indigon? Maybe less fever jewel?
"
lect84 wrote:

Disable Vaal Clarity. Or if you're lazy, just buy a non-vaal clarity gem so you don't confuse yourself like I did.

In your configuration options make sure your Brands are attached.

Also put Righteous Fury in the same link with Empower. You will get a few extra % more spell damage by doing that.

Just by doing the above you've got almost 5 shaper dps without flasks. Technically you need to fudge the Pledge oF Hands multiplier to get true DPS as POB won't calculate the Greater Spell Echo. (somewhat negated by Shock %, you only get 15% dmg increase as the shock comes from your corpses).

Use PoB fork it will calculate just fine!
"
Wutsabi wrote:
Anyone thought about using this build with Indigon? Maybe less fever jewel?

It's possible but you will need to tinker.
For indigon to work you need something to use a healthy mana chunk (but not all) every 4 seconds. Like a precision totem. Then you need a metronome to make sure you don't miss it. You will still need to have enough mana for your brand recall. Finally, you will be EXTREMELY vulnerable to damage right after you use up your mana. If you really want to do indigon, i'd suggest it on a LL hiero.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info