[3.13] Storm Brand Necro. Retired no longer. All content viable and Whiskey Proof™

"
lect84 wrote:
"
zDonFrank wrote:
You have # of corpeses consumed recently set at 20 which greatly boasted the dps.

i think with bone offering and desecrate the most corpses you can consume at anytime is 5.

I actually tested this build with my lvl98 nec. it is a bit difficult to play tbh, the clear speed is pretty weak compared to other storm brand necro build with trigger on skill wand due to cyclone. i haven't tested enough content to see if i can be one shotted in mapping / sirius so i cannot comment on the surviability.

due to the inferior mapping speed i go back to my original storm brand necromancer build.

also i think for medium cluster jewels, look for holy conquest + seeker rune if you already have 4 brands limit. these boost the most dps + clearing speed due to increase movement speed and brand activation as well as damage boost.

chip away and brand loyalty contribute least dps.

4 brands are optimal for single target or aoe clearing speed.

also if you have more currency to invest, look for megalomanic with confident combatant + other brand/lightning/mana nodes.

my storm brand build on nec with wand and shield is virtually unkillable except in elemental reflect, and kills wave 18-20 simulacrum boss in 3 seconds. here is my pob if any of you are interested in https://pastebin.com/aERb7DrK

The internal cooldown for CwC is 0.35sec. Presumably you're 3-linking to CwC with Desecrate, Bone Offering, and Conductivity. "Recently" refers to the last 4 seconds per wiki. So you can, at best, have 15 corpses consumed recently.

Unless you have Awakened CwC. Then you're a baller and you can have 20 corpses consumed every 4 seconds.

Also if you're using regular POB then you need to fudge the numbers for Pledge of Hands as the internally linked Level 30 Greater Spell Echo is not calculated at all in POB. The only thing that Pledge of Hands will provide is mana and spell damage according to POB. You need to fudge the numbers by linking level 1 empower, level 16 Hypothermia, and adjusting Archmage gem quality to get to the correct mana cost of Storm Brand. As f1rstborn says, the Greater Spell Echo Lvl. 30 basically doubles your DPS when calculated correctly.

---
On your POB: you tick off Always at Full Energy Shield and also Leeching Energy Shield. Leeching creates an instance per hit that can stack, once you reach full recovery (life or energy shield) the instance is removed. Therefore if you are at full energy shield you will not benefit from leeching. Assuming you're popping flasks and vaal RF with 3 frenzy charges, then the DPS is pretty close to OP's.

Love the Unnatural Instinct placement. Great way to squeeze in extra stats since its along your travel path anyway.

On a plus note, you can swap out Runesmith with Spiritual Aid on your amulet and just get it via skill tree, you can save a passive point and still be up on DPS! With the extra passive point you can get to Arcane Swiftness to max out your attack block and stack another 1.7m dps to boot.

I like your build, the shield is pretty nice survival QOL. Scaling via Crown of the Inward Eye is legit, nice build. The Unnatural Instinct is expensive though, I wonder if plopping in a Militant Faith and converting the Pain Attunment node to the Agnostic and then grabbing Zealot's Oath would make you even more tanky?

thanks for the suggestion, gonna look on it with pob fork. had been using the wrong pob all the time while doing these calculations.

for bossing i usually end up with all max charges on frenzy/power/endurace in mapping/simulacrum since i clear map very fast (t15 lair in 1min, tier 16 over grown shrine in 1 min) when there is no syndicate/blight.

in my current build i sustain the hp regen and energy shield based on spell hit and leech, in older build i used eternal youth before for faster hp regen, for agnostic and zealot's oath to work optimally i have to swap my energy shield gears for hp gears, i have a question here, will agnostic and zealot's oath work with my shield that recovers 5% ES per block (will the recovery be applied to life instead?)?

in regard to calculating # of corpses consumed recently, if i use a wand with trigger on skill use, and with spell cascade, how do i know the max amount i could have on number of corpses consumed recently?
Last edited by zDonFrank on May 21, 2020, 7:57:50 PM
I have improved this dramatically. I am currently at 24m dps at level 91.

27m dps with 1 brand or 33m dps with 2 brands.
10k mana
Exploding Mobs (or tons more dps) / Tailwind / 30% Movement speed. It has it all. This is a screen clear build.

The only downfall is the lower life but we get more ES and I can't get RF to stay on without wrecking me.

https://pastebin.com/0AxySWyn

Edit: How do you have Energy Shield all over your gear but in the video you posted you have none? You also have more life.
Last edited by Nulledout on May 21, 2020, 11:37:00 PM
question,is this the stat im looking for from the jewel?
https://ibb.co/kGQ1N24
i have been playing recently and it feels great! i finish simulacrums without dying,the lvl is going up smoothly,thx for a grat build!
Trigger on spell is a 4 second internal cool down so unless you can consume an additional 5 corpses off of another trigger then your limit is 5. This assumed you have offering and desecrate linked in the same wand.
"
Ugh, 2.5k alts later and still working on that fucking large cluster jewel...

Just tried my hand at chaos-spamming and got this:

ARGH
"
Wutsabi wrote:
Is blood rage really worth the life degen? Does it help movement speed at all with stampede?

It gives frenzy charges and more damage is always nice. I did not make assumptions on everyone using Stampede. Lastly, our regen is far too high to be concerned with the blood rage degen.

It consumes the 5 corpses from desecrate plus all other nearby corpses as well. In practice im between 13 and 17 corpses all the time. Lower for bosses (obviously) much higher for my favorite juicy malformations.
"
norxe wrote:
question,is this the stat im looking for from the jewel?
https://ibb.co/kGQ1N24
i have been playing recently and it feels great! i finish simulacrums without dying,the lvl is going up smoothly,thx for a grat build!

Yes, that is what you're looking for!
"

10k mana
Exploding Mobs (or tons more dps) / Tailwind / 30% Movement speed. It has it all. This is a screen clear build.

The only downfall is the lower life but we get more ES and I can't get RF to stay on without wrecking me.

Edit: How do you have Energy Shield all over your gear but in the video you posted you have none? You also have more life.

That's gorgeous! I changed your config a bit. Added shock effect 15%. Added wave of conviction (to simulate corrosive elements). Changed to shaper/guardian for dps calc. Landed at 28M dps which is a fair bit more than mine!

To answer your question, I use Agnostic to leverage my mana as HP regen. It regens so much, I can have RF on with 100% up time without burning to death.
"
"
Ugh, 2.5k alts later and still working on that fucking large cluster jewel...

Just tried my hand at chaos-spamming and got this:

ARGH

Hahahah, i think u should direct buy it. Less stress, more happy. But if u love to give the god of gambling a tribute, you can do it! xD
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"

10k mana

That's gorgeous! I changed your config a bit. Added shock effect 15%. Added wave of conviction (to simulate corrosive elements). Changed to shaper/guardian for dps calc. Landed at 28M dps which is a fair bit more than mine!

To answer your question, I use Agnostic to leverage my mana as HP regen. It regens so much, I can have RF on with 100% up time without burning to death.

hi ph3l0n, finally u post it (im ur awak cwc buyer xD). i paste ur pob with f1rstborn tweak, its got amazing dps! but kinda glasscanon i think with mom effective life around 4k. is it safe enough? what do you think bout it f1rstborn?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info