[3.13] Storm Brand Necro. Retired no longer. All content viable and Whiskey Proof™

"
f1rstborn wrote:
Brand recall no-longer refreshes duration and costs a portion of the mana of the brands to use. We were prepared for this bois. Let me introduce you to our lord and savior... spell echo.

Brilliant, extra cast speed will be huge QoL for recasting and also add a ton of cast speed!

Edit: Spell Echo is more cast speed...so maybe this wouldn't actually apply to brand activation frequency?
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Jun 3, 2020, 11:59:47 PM
"
"
Blew several ex outfitting an Animated Guardian...only to have it die on the first map. So yeah, not trying that again.

That is why you use Empower / Meatshield with it. You can also dump the Earth Golem and add Minion Life

I skipped Empower to fit Clarity in...are the extra gem levels really that significant a boost to base life?

Also, exactly what equipment have you fed it that makes it so durable? I don't want to make the same mistake twice...
"

Also, exactly what equipment have you fed it that makes it so durable? I don't want to make the same mistake twice...

Gruth
Kaoms
Leer
Southbound
Kingmaker

Everything should be dying before it gets close to you and him. If you are worried about losing him, remove him for boss fights so he doesn't get gibbed.

+3 levels is huge for the AG. AG24 = 92% more life AG20 = 76% more life. If you are following my build and putting cyclone in a 4link, you should have more than enough slots for things.
Last edited by Nulledout on Jun 4, 2020, 12:38:16 AM
"
Edit: Spell Echo is more cast speed...so maybe this wouldn't actually apply to brand activation frequency?

Echo almost 100% will only apply to summoning the brands, they will not get the cast speed. It's increases and reductions, which does not include MORE multipliers.

That's fine we already have Pledge, 3 brands in a single cast makes it probably manageable. Just make sure you run a single mana flask.

Worst case just drop a Fevered Mind to lower the cost a bit or only run RF for bosses and not mapping since mana management on a boss is really easy.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Dmillz wrote:
"

Echo almost 100% will only apply to summoning the brands, they will not get the cast speed. It's increases and reductions, which does not include MORE multipliers.

That's fine we already have Pledge, 3 brands in a single cast makes it probably manageable. Just make sure you run a single mana flask.

Worst case just drop a Fevered Mind to lower the cost a bit or only run RF for bosses and not mapping since mana management on a boss is really easy.

I am going with the fact Archmage Brand is gonna be dead. Brands can remain on the floor for 10 seconds. Brand Recall no longer resets that. So you have essentially 10 or less brand recalls before you have to re-cast brands. With Brand Recall being 1.43 seconds, you have essentially 7 seconds of up time on your brands. It takes 3 seconds to cast 3 brands. So if we stagger our brands to get the most effectiveness, we have 7 seconds of actual dps before we have 3 seconds of recasting. This remind you is only for 3 brands. If we want to use 6 brands (or 2 casts) we would want to cut the 10 seconds in half and cast ever 5 seconds, which means we have 2 seconds of dps and then 3 seconds of re-casting.

The only way this works is if you can keep the brands jumping mob to mob. If we can do that we have 1.43 seconds on brand recall, which gives us 10 seconds on the ground for approx 14.3 seconds of dps. If we apply the same math as above, we have 11.3 seconds of dps with 3 seconds of casting with 3 brands and 8.3 seconds of dps with 6 seconds of casting with 6 brands.

Now keep in mind that Brand Recall also saps your mana, so does MoM. There is no way to keep this up unless you run a mana flask and even then it will be iffy. To top it all off, you have to stop every 4.2 seconds to cast 3 brands which means alot of standing around and zero WW time. This build is going to feel clunky AF.
Last edited by Nulledout on Jun 4, 2020, 1:39:29 AM
this build will not have comforting gameplay anymore at 3.11, the feels will different due to brand recall nerf. but still, i'll always wait for new "meta" build from you @f1rstborn xD
"
It takes 3 seconds to cast 3 brands

I just have been playing with the build in PoB so I have no ingame practice. It takes 3 seconds for a single cast (3 brands) with Greater spell echo from Pledge of Hands?
"
Rootsmann wrote:
"

I just have been playing with the build in PoB so I have no ingame practice. It takes 3 seconds for a single cast (3 brands) with Greater spell echo from Pledge of Hands?

Yes.
That's really surprizing to me. I thought it would take about 2.25 second (3*base cast time) with no cast speed on tree/gear. Which would be decreased to 1.58 sec with the 30% increased cast speed from arcane surge.

Where does the increased cast time come from? We must work around that to have a smooth gameplay.
Last edited by Rootsmann on Jun 4, 2020, 10:55:24 AM
"
"
Rootsmann wrote:
"

Yes.

How is this possible? Even at a measly 2 casts per second it would only be 1.5 seconds and you should have quite a bit more cast speed than that since the base cast speed on Storm Brand is 1.3/s and we get a moderate amount of cast speed from the tree and Ascendancy.
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on Jun 4, 2020, 12:00:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info