[3.10] Ewpewww's 'budget' CoC Arc Herald Stacker - >10 mil shaper DPS for as cheap as ~15ex

My character got only 4.7k es and 1k es regen/s, am I doing something wrong? Orz

here's my profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Erisbbbbbb/characters

thx for the guide, it's fun :)
"
Huor7 wrote:
"
Okay... so instead of using all of those 1% RMR jewels, it's more efficient to take the RMR nodes on the tree you've skipped. Here's a small tweak to your PoB with increased ES and I've replaced 3 PH/Heraldry's with 3 PH/Endbringers. I think after 6 Heraldry's it no longer reduces your mana reserve. This also increases your damage by adding EB's.

https://pastebin.com/JrvjnDk9

I'd finish off the ES/Life tree next and then start completing the medium cluster jewel sockets with %maximum energy shield (cobalt jewels). If you have enough EX's laying around, I'd replace a few of the PH/heraldry's with PH/repleneshing presence for even more survivability.

Ok so I took a look at your PoB, and you're absolutely right, didn't think about replacing those jewels by a simple +4% RMR node, silly me.

I already changed 3 cluster to get 2 PH + EB and 1 PH + RP, no change in mana reserved by heralds. I've tested a bit, after 5 heraldry there's no change in mana reserved by heralds. So i have to change 1 more PH+Heraldry to something else and I'll be fine.

4.7K ES & 81% phys reduction, that's not perfect but already a little better.

Awesome! I'd probably do another PH/RP though it's not the cheapest. I got SUPER lucky and crafted my own. 2RP's should give you a TON of ES regen.
"
jpypoe wrote:
"
Ewpew wrote:

Hey! It does sound a bit strange that you are dying to bleed.. I levelled from 99 to 100 without anti-bleed flask and dying only once to Sirus. If bleed is truly an issue, then I would just fit in an anti-bleed flask. Otherwise, with enough phys damage reduction and ES regen, bleed should not affect you at all. For ES regen, replenishing presence is really helpful!

For gloves enchant, they are really not that important. For helm, it depends on the skill you are using - if arc, BiS is the arc with additional chain one I believe. If spark, you want the one with additional projectiles. For boots, because you only lack damage when bossing, I go for the ones with elemental penetration when you haven't killed recently.

Hope this helps!

Yea I don’t have any replenishing presence jewels yet, just the base jewels. Maybe a note about keeping a bleed immunity rolled flask for the early levels with the lower end PH budget jewels is worth mentioning. Thanks again!

Thanks for the feedback! I will include bleed immunity as part of the guide.

Is it worth for trade 8 chaos resist with Energy From Within Cobalt Jewel ?
Last edited by tumplovejee on Jun 2, 2020, 10:25:17 AM
I didn't know why I didn't turn on vitality I though it was just for live .... But is the main key of survivability ... I wanted to have haste ... And I can have haste and vitality with no precision ... Now I am almost immortal with 2700 regen es .... I have only 5k es but I think it will improve when I will have es passive nodes level 91 now
"
tumplovejee wrote:

Is it worth for trade 8 chaos resist with Energy From Within Cobalt Jewel ?

If you are allocating these passives, yes!
A note about above, when upgrading your medium clusters if your old ones aren’t corrupted you should corrupt before selling because a lesser cluster that rolls RMR can be very useful for knocking down needed passives. This is pretty cool for budgeting incremental upgrades because it’s much more impactful for doing something like upgrading from a 6 passive/PH/1 socket (ultra budget) to 5 passive/PH + random notable/1 socket (slight upgrade) as if you roll RMR on the former it’s going to save you 2 passives compared to one from swapping to the latter jewel. Compared to a situation where you’re upgrading from 6 passive (ultra budget) to something like 4 passive/PH + Endbringer or Replenishing Presence (big upgrade) even if you roll RMR you still want to use your shiny new high end cluster. In that case, you can still corrupt the old one because they don’t sell for much without a good corrupt anyway so risk is low. Big rant but things like this will be a lot more noticeable on a real budget or when still leveling if you’re trying to add Energy From Within and those 4 passives. I was able to do it with 2x med clusters with RMR at 92 IIRC while still getting the 3x crit jewels and a 2 passive pure guile.

Anyway, thanks again for guide. I’ve managed to do my first ever Sirus kill with this (for all intents and purposes my second PoE character ever, first Necro failed Sirus on a 5ex budget but I didn’t know the fight lmao) and confirm the 15ex budget having limited trouble with juicing t16 etc. Curious about upgrade options for skill gems? I’m getting close to being able to afford amulet upgrade + VRF and watcher’s eye and I’m not sure which gems I should prioritize first (still working on a relative budget). Seems like auras only gain increased AoE so I’ve been corrupting my 20/0s hoping for 21/0s and buying the ones that don’t hit from the market: Which Heralds are worth going for quality? Cyclone seems nice, not sure about Arc with shock and others etc.
with haste i have 7.87 aps and without it i have 4.27 should ill turn haste on or not? if i left it at 4.27 we will cast just 4 arc per second no? i think that with 7.87 is better no?

and to know .. what is the dps that the tooltip says? ciclone around 262k and arc 320k i think
Last edited by raikolin on Jun 4, 2020, 8:37:43 AM
"
raikolin wrote:
with haste i have 7.87 aps and without it i have 4.27 should ill turn haste on or not? if i left it at 4.27 we will cast just 4 arc per second no? i think that with 7.87 is better no?

and to know .. what is the dps that the tooltip says? ciclone around 262k and arc 320k i think

"
TheGuide wrote:

The way cast on critical strike works for this build is as such: Everytime you hit a critical strike with cyclone, you cast a linked spell. However, there is an internal cool down in the CoC support gem. Basically, without any cooldown recovery, you can cast a arc a maximum of ~6 times. Therefore, going above 6 attack per second ('aps') is not going to add significantly more damage for the build, except damage that you get for cyclone (which i think is negligible).

With cooldown recovery, though, we can increase the cast per second of CoC but it operates in a rather strange way of 'breakpoints'. My interpretation of it is as such:
- Casts per second does not scale linearly with cooldown recovery speed
- Casts per second only increase when you hit certain levels of cooldown recovery speed. Based on my understanding, 15% and 52%. These are known as breakpoints.

To get to the following cooldown recovery speed:
(1) 15% to get up to 7.5 casts per second, you want <7.5 aps - use either cooldown recovery on belt or boots
(2) 52% to get up to 10 casts per second, you want <10 aps - use awakened CoC gem (at least level 4 for 19%), and cooldown recovery speed from boots (up to 15%) and belt (up to 20%)

What does this mean for the build?
- Ideally, you want to maintain an aps that corresponds to the cooldown recovery that you can get
- The POB/my character posted is certainly not a good example of that - it definitely can be optimized to do more damage but I got lazy :P
- In terms of what you can tweak to get to the right level of attack speed:
(1) Haste gem level
(2) Removing increased attack speed from your jewels that give you reduced mana reserved
- You should test out your max aps when mapping - remember that it needs to take into account onslaught, frenzy charges

For those who are interested, here is a CoC breakpoint calculator: link

;)
Last edited by jpypoe on Jun 4, 2020, 11:35:41 AM
i dont understand that post ... how can we make 7.5 cast per second if we make 4.5 attacks per second? i think i need to do more than 7.5 to make a maximum of 7.5 .....

(1) 15% to get up to 7.5 casts per second, you want <7.5 aps - use either cooldown recovery on belt or boots

you want >7.5aps (7.87aps with ciclone+haste)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info