Has game died down significantly over past few days?

"
MiamiNice wrote:
Last weeks i have over 20 friends online around the clock on my friendllist. Since last week 0 players of my friendlist are online. So i feel like the op.

they all put u in ignore
So you guys quiting because of the " unfinished endgame" or whatever. Do not like to race, try new builds , pvp or anything? You do realize there's more to this game than maps right? I sure do hate this focus on end game people seem to have these days. Like they expect some MMORPG progression system in every game they play. It causes them to ignore like half the game then they quit foolishly claiming there's nothing to do.
"
derbefrier wrote:
So you guys quiting because of the " unfinished endgame" or whatever. Do not like to race, try new builds , pvp or anything? You do realize there's more to this game than maps right? I sure do hate this focus on end game people seem to have these days. Like they expect some MMORPG progression system in every game they play. It causes them to ignore like half the game then they quit foolishly claiming there's nothing to do.

The only thing I haven't done on my 16 or so characters is pvp and then only because it's a hideous slapped on mess of a mechanic. A game that relies entirely on RNG, like Path of Exile, can get pretty fucking boring after awhile.
I played less this week aswell, but I'm waiting for the one week race to start playing again.

Too much desync for end-game, it's quite long to level up once you reached 74, and the desync doesn't help with the difficulty.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
Last edited by kodr on Mar 24, 2013, 2:27:24 PM
"
DKSMOOVE wrote:
I am seeing less and less activity whether its on trade chat, or the trade forums (Softcore ofc).

The public party numbers have also diminished in a3 merc, at least from my experience.

Just want to know if others have noticed this as well.

Don't think so, some days they are playing less players and there are days where more players play.

You have also players who disabling there Chats (like me sometimes). So you can't always say that, when the Chat is dead the Game is dead. I am here for playing the Game, not to Chat.^^
Deutsche Fanseite>>>>>>>>> http://www.exiled.eu
English/German Gem DB>>>>>>>> http://www.exiled.eu/gems/
English/German Passive Skills DB>>>>>>>> http://www.exiled.eu/passives/
"
lardie wrote:
A game that relies entirely on RNG, like Path of Exile, can get pretty fucking boring after awhile.

People finally realizing why ARPGs are a niche genre? :)

To answer OP's question, chat and number of public groups are bad indicators for overall player number since chat is divided into several instances and public groups only show on the wall if they are not full (when I open a public group it usually takes 10 seconds and it's full).
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Mar 24, 2013, 2:39:01 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
lardie wrote:
A game that relies entirely on RNG, like Path of Exile, can get pretty fucking boring after awhile.

People finally realizing why ARPGs are a niche genre? :)

Punching yourself in the nuts is a niche after work activity.
game "died" for me till they fix the highlevel map drops, its still an awesome game
There is no point in playing default unless you want to hit max level and died early on.

The economy is generally better in hc since the items you buy need to be good enough to keep you alive.

So in default you found an exalted and you died with it o well you still have it. You fully geared your character and you died O well you still have it.

You guys get stuff that came from hard core also.

But, I hit level 72 in HC and I am just generally bored.

I didnt't stack enough HP so now I only farm lowerish quality blue maps.

Even then the maps just are not big enough.
It annoys me zoning in and out of maps there is no fluidity to it.
Well... if it has died down, the $trade channel certainly doesn't show any evidence of it. LOL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info