Has game died down significantly over past few days?

"
bluefalcon74 wrote:
What I'm hearing is that if you had numbers or graphs to back up your theories we might see something different. However, you have no numbers or graphs to back up any of your theories. We do have data to show a general decline, and an even more drastic decline over the last week. Not sure how you say my data is faulty, without providing any data of your own (I'm assuming your a statistician since your post about "graphs if they can't comprehend the effects on them."

This was all with Steamcharts in mind. They make it possible to look at data this way.

I don't know how exactly, don't really have the time to bother with Steamcharts and the whole thing, while spamming around here and having appointments and hobbies all over the place. Someone else did it some time ago and it did not look that dramatic indeed.

I don't really say your data is faulty. It is unlikely to be faulty as it was supplied by a 3rd party altogether who tends to gather that big data all the time. Just that you are deriving theories with that data, for which it might not be processed for yet in your link.

That said, have a nice day. If you are really interested in Steamcharts, google the topics covered in this forum. You might find the one with the weighted sample and see the reasoning. I already feel like I am giving a lecture and I am neither perfectly qualified nor paid for this shit.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
I don't know how exactly, don't really have the time to bother with Steamcharts and the whole thing... Just that you are deriving theories with that data, for which it might not be processed for yet in your link... I am neither perfectly qualified nor paid for this shit.

Wait, are you the same guy who said "people should stop fucking around with graphs
if they can't comprehend the effects on them"? I'll forgive the broken English as you may be foreign-born, but the condescending attitude certainly leads me to believe you're some kind of expert in this field.
"
bluefalcon74 wrote:
Wait, are you the same guy who said "people should stop fucking around with graphs
if they can't comprehend the effects on them"? I'll forgive the broken English as you may be foreign-born, but the condescending attitude certainly leads me to believe you're some kind of expert in this field.

I know enough to say that many people around here throw around charts like politicians.

If you are really interested in whether what I say is true or not, read "Statistics" by David Freedman et al. A wonderful book even a pleb like myself can easily understand with many colorful and controversial examples. :P

I apologized for my rather aggressive remark in my first reply.
It is rather amusing that you are still riding on that wave. <3
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Apr 24, 2014, 2:28:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info