Has game died down significantly over past few days?

I always think that the people who are really into it are in guilds and aren't on pub boards anyway. However, my misc list of 90 past trading friends was only 2 peeps last night, definitely down. But I just logged into to vendor a bunch of stuff and went to bed.
"
EchoMending wrote:
No.
Today, first time I saw only 1 trade channel available in Invasion league.

The game is quite interesting though.

Recently in Invasion league I see 2 - 4 trade channels in general.

This is worse than the situation of HC league when Nemesis was the new league.

I liked the Invasion league, but probably those one shotting bosses were too much.
Last edited by Oiranoiccid on Apr 24, 2014, 9:42:45 AM
steamgraph.net

Go ahead and search PoE for some really depressing news.

Keep in mind, at release, Steam users accounted for about half of all users. Does this give accurate numbers for all players? No. Does this give a substantial representative sample on which to gauge an overall trend? Abso-fuckin-lutely.
"
bluefalcon74 wrote:
steamgraph.net

Go ahead and search PoE for some really depressing news.

Keep in mind, at release, Steam users accounted for about half of all users. Does this give accurate numbers for all players? No. Does this give a substantial representative sample on which to gauge an overall trend? No.

FTFY

I swear to god, people should stop fucking around with graphs
if they can't comprehend the effects on them.

The only trend we can confirm for a specific sample is that there are many people trying a game and then jumping off. Compared there is only a rather slow overall decline on users since the release of the game.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Apr 24, 2014, 12:36:20 PM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
Compared there is only a rather slow overall decline on users since the release of the game.

Uhhh.. compared to what?
"
bluefalcon74 wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
Compared there is only a rather slow overall decline on users since the release of the game.

Uhhh.. compared to what?

If you compare the with Steam Achievements weighted sample of PoE users to the unweighted. You know, as a measure of someone actually having played the game in a significant amount. As a measure to see if GGG could have made some bucks on that guy as this is really the only important thing.

Sorry, I don't really want to waste much time around those topics anymore as nothing really innovative arises from them. But seeing someone throwing around stats like a politician is getting me into the mood. :D
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Apr 24, 2014, 12:46:16 PM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
bluefalcon74 wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

Uhhh.. compared to what?

If you compare the with Steam Achievements weighted sample of PoE users to the unweighted. You know, as a measure of someone actually having played the game in a significant amount.

I see. So, if we only count the people who have played the game for a "significant" amount of time (as determined by you, of course) we will see that many people have played the game for a significant amount of time? Brilliant!
"
bluefalcon74 wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
If you compare the with Steam Achievements weighted sample of PoE users to the unweighted. You know, as a measure of someone actually having played the game in a significant amount.

I see. So, if we only count the people who have played the game for a "significant" amount of time (as determined by you, of course) we will see that many people have played the game for a significant amount of time? Brilliant!

No, we exclude marketing affects like huge waves of Steam users jumping into an advertised F2P game without being interested into harsh aRPGs in the first place and dropping off the game. If you really think that the unweighted sample will reflect the core player base in a better way, I can't really add much anymore.

However an interesting thing to analyze would be charts with different "achievement" tiers, comparing them to each other. We could then see if GGG was able to draw in new players better compared to Steam Release. Getting new core players to counter the bleeding is where it's at. You'll always bleed players in an aRPG anyway.

Getting uninterested players into being interested into the game is a different thing. But that is Blizzards specialty and budget.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Apr 24, 2014, 1:03:09 PM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
bluefalcon74 wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

No, we exclude marketing affects like huge waves of Steam users jumping into an advertised F2P game without being interested into harsh aRPGs in the first place and dropping off the game. If you really think that the unweighted sample will reflect the core player base in a better way, I can't really add much anymore.

However an interesting thing to analyze would be charts with different "achievement" tiers, comparing them to each other. We could then see if GGG was able to draw in new players better compared to Steam Release. Getting new core players to counter the bleeding is where it's at. You'll always bleed players in an aRPG anyway.

Getting uninterested players into being interested into the game is a different thing. But that is Blizzards specialty and budget.

What I'm hearing is that if you had numbers or graphs to back up your theories we might see something different. However, you have no numbers or graphs to back up any of your theories. We do have data to show a general decline, and an even more drastic decline over the last week. Not sure how you say my data is faulty, without providing any data of your own (I'm assuming you're a statistician since your post about "graphs if they can't comprehend the effects on them" is so nuanced as to be above my comprehension.)
Last edited by bluefalcon74 on Apr 24, 2014, 1:09:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info