[3.12] bOOgy's Kinetic Blast Wander (Assassin) - ZOOMING T16s on a budget

Ok, so I'm absolutely delighted with the build so far; it's amazing having a wander that isn't pure misery to level. My only question is: what're we doing for life sustain? I'm about to hit maps but right now I can't bring myself to give up Thief's Torment when we've only got a couple of regen nodes and one leech node on the tree. Is there something in the jewels or...something...I'm missing?

Thank you!

edit: ahhhhh, i see we're getting a ton of leech from the cluster jewel(s). Crap. So keep thief's until then?
Last edited by MasterWilhelm on Oct 13, 2020, 6:39:55 PM
"
MasterWilhelm wrote:
Ok, so I'm absolutely delighted with the build so far; it's amazing having a wander that isn't pure misery to level. My only question is: what're we doing for life sustain? I'm about to hit maps but right now I can't bring myself to give up Thief's Torment when we've only got a couple of regen nodes and one leech node on the tree. Is there something in the jewels or...something...I'm missing?

Thank you!

edit: ahhhhh, i see we're getting a ton of leech from the cluster jewel(s). Crap. So keep thief's until then?

Just invest a few passive points into "Blood Drinker" on the right side of the tree, and your leech will be fine. Thiefs Torment is not really that amazing in maps.
Is Anamolous Kinetic Blast (pierce 2 additional targets) a good option for us?
Hum, is there only 1 jewel slot at lvl 95? It seems like some nodes could be replaced by strong jewels [Or am i missing something?]
@Neunzehnhundert93: Dont see anything wrong with the normal Kinetic Blast. I would maybe look into an alternate Power Siphon Version, for an additional projectile. Havent tested it, though.

@NemsIX: Sure, you can probably find some decent jewels. I just wanted to keep this at a budget.
"
boogywc wrote:
"
MasterWilhelm wrote:
clipped...

Just invest a few passive points into "Blood Drinker" on the right side of the tree, and your leech will be fine. Thiefs Torment is not really that amazing in maps.

So time for me to bug you again. Thanks for the advice on Thief's; it really did lose its luster quickly in maps. Thankfully I found some super solid deals on rings and a great neck for, like, 2c. Now I'm looking for more damages and I'm trying to find something to replace Piscator's with...in PoB, it seems like replacing Piscator's is gonna be EXPENSIVE AF. Is there something I'm missing or is the wand just that good for this build?
Last edited by MasterWilhelm on Oct 17, 2020, 10:22:55 AM
read first page about weapon crafting.

Getting a better weapon than Piscator will probably cost you 2 chaos orbs. 1 for the base and one for an essence.
Had a very easy time leveling this build. I had most of the standard leveling gear when I started but with zero cash. Due to the low cost of the required gear, I had everything precured by the time I started maps.

I am currently at level 73 and fly through the mobs, but do have to be careful with the bosses and most other high level enemies. This seems about standard with this build and I just need to be careful when I am in these situations. It would be nice to have a better way to handle bosses, but what it is is what it is. The great news is that I am not really into killing the end-game bosses, so this build is very good for me once I get the kinks worked out. I especially like the interaction between the 'Soul Tether' belt and the 'Energy Leach' support gems.

Now for a few questions. First could someone check my guy out and see if I have made any dumb mistakes. I know my flasks are currently on the defensive side and I probably don't have the best wand (picked it up for 3c). I keep trying too craft a better one, but so far this is the best one that I have come up with.

Second I have a question on the 'Large Cluster Jewel'. All I have to go by are the examples I see with 'Feed the Fury' and 'Fuel the Fight'. Are both of these attributes required or are there other options?

---edit I found the following Large Cluster Jewel for what I think is a fair price (20c):

Third, traps seem to be very difficult for me with this build, not sure how I will ever get through the uber-lab, any tips?

One last question, both my 'Kinetic Bolt' and 'Power Siphon' are dealing some Physical damage which seems to be affecting me in 'Physical Reflection' maps. Any idea on what is generating this damage?
Last edited by Skua99 on Oct 22, 2020, 4:51:30 AM
"
Skua99 wrote:
First could someone check my guy out and see if I have made any dumb mistakes. I know my flasks are currently on the defensive side and I probably don't have the best wand (picked it up for 3c). I keep trying too craft a better one, but so far this is the best one that I have come up with.

Diamond Flask is pretty significant for your damage, i would not skip on that. And I would try to get "of adrenaline" on the quicksilver flask.

"
Skua99 wrote:

Second I have a question on the 'Large Cluster Jewel'. All I have to go by are the examples I see with 'Feed the Fury' and 'Fuel the Fight'. Are both of these attributes required or are there other options?

You could skip on the cluster completely and pick up mana leech on the tree (Mind drinker) and go into the big Life wheel at the Scion start point. I just wanted to use it because i played the build primarily in delirium league.

"
Skua99 wrote:

Third, traps seem to be very difficult for me with this build, not sure how I will ever get through the uber-lab, any tips?

One last question, both my 'Kinetic Bolt' and 'Power Siphon' are dealing some Physical damage which seems to be affecting me in 'Physical Reflection' maps. Any idea on what is generating this damage?

For Lab: Soul of Ralakesh (Minor Pantheon) - this works for trap damage, too.

@Reflect: Your Wand has always SOME phys dmg on it and you can outleech the reflect. Maybe its borderline dangerous for you, because you also have a %phys roll on your wand. That certainly doesnt help.
"
boogywc wrote:
"
Skua99 wrote:
First could someone check my guy out and see if I have made any dumb mistakes. I know my flasks are currently on the defensive side and I probably don't have the best wand (picked it up for 3c). I keep trying too craft a better one, but so far this is the best one that I have come up with.

Diamond Flask is pretty significant for your damage, i would not skip on that. And I would try to get "of adrenaline" on the quicksilver flask.

"
Skua99 wrote:

You could skip on the cluster completely and pick up mana leech on the tree (Mind drinker) and go into the big Life wheel at the Scion start point. I just wanted to use it because i played the build primarily in delirium league.

"
Skua99 wrote:

For Lab: Soul of Ralakesh (Minor Pantheon) - this works for trap damage, too.

@Reflect: Your Wand has always SOME phys dmg on it and you can outleech the reflect. Maybe its borderline dangerous for you, because you also have a %phys roll on your wand. That certainly doesnt help.

Thank you very much for the work you put into this build and all of the advice.

The first thing I did was upgraded my flasks which gave me a noticeable improvement.

I already have a good start on the Cluster Jewels, so I am going to continue down that path. I did attune my amulet with 'Mind Drinker' to help out until I have everything in place with the Cluster.

My next step is to improve my wand and see how it goes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info