[3.13] 🔥Oro’s Flicker Strike Raider🔥 | Top tier mapper/currency farmer | 10M+ DPS | All Content

"
Heinarc wrote:
The correct way to get your corrupted Oro's is definitely to buy one with the good corruption but unlinked, and then 6L it using the 6S/6L bench crafts found in delve, which work on corrupted items. Total cost 1500 fuses, 350 jewellers and 1850 vaals.

Definitely a very expensive upgrade, but also very worth it once you can afford it. Also keep in mind this guide was written while Ex were worth 150c, instead of 75ish as of now, so prices listed in exalts can change quite a bit (but the underlying "chaos value" is still pretty much the same).

League advice : Get your Inspired Learning as soon as you can, it's straight broken with the Ritual mechanic. I often finish my rituals with 20+ stolen buffs. The complete Headhunter experience for... 150c :D

Where in the tree are you slotting it please? EDIT - nevermind, looked at your profile.

I'm struggling around T13/14s at the moment with this build. I've got my 6L oros and 6L totem setup, Impresence, flasks, clusters etc. POB says at 6 charges I am at 93% Evasion and 75% Dodge, but I just take constant hits and my health bars is constantly yoyo'ing the entire map on anything above a T10 really. Sitting around 4k HP (I know it needs more), resists are fine, POB says only 500k SDPS though.
Last edited by Benville on Jan 22, 2021, 7:55:08 AM
"
Benville wrote:
"
Heinarc wrote:
The correct way to get your corrupted Oro's is definitely to buy one with the good corruption but unlinked, and then 6L it using the 6S/6L bench crafts found in delve, which work on corrupted items. Total cost 1500 fuses, 350 jewellers and 1850 vaals.

Definitely a very expensive upgrade, but also very worth it once you can afford it. Also keep in mind this guide was written while Ex were worth 150c, instead of 75ish as of now, so prices listed in exalts can change quite a bit (but the underlying "chaos value" is still pretty much the same).

League advice : Get your Inspired Learning as soon as you can, it's straight broken with the Ritual mechanic. I often finish my rituals with 20+ stolen buffs. The complete Headhunter experience for... 150c :D

Where in the tree are you slotting it please? EDIT - nevermind, looked at your profile.

I'm struggling around T13/14s at the moment with this build. I've got my 6L oros and 6L totem setup, Impresence, flasks, clusters etc. POB says at 6 charges I am at 93% Evasion and 75% Dodge, but I just take constant hits and my health bars is constantly yoyo'ing the entire map on anything above a T10 really. Sitting around 4k HP (I know it needs more), resists are fine, POB says only 500k SDPS though.

I've got similar problems. Just started t14s - the clear is just as fast as in other maps but i'm struggling with single target damage. Some t14+ map bosses are literally unkillable for me like wasteland boss that is permanently regening more health than my dps (xD). Also i've failed to killed oshab in a t10. But i guess that's expected from my gear worth maybe an exalt in total (excluding the insipred learning) since i don't have the currency for clusters yet.

Should i expect a significant boost of dps from clusters? It seems kinda meh from the notables that are in there. I'm really considering trying out a full damage cluster set that i was gonna use for my oro scion.
For single target DPS on super basic gear, make sure :
- to have the correct gem set-up, and gems lved (19+) and 20qual if possible
- to have the correct tree
- to use the diamond flask + wise oak (with fire res as your highest)
- to use the Infernal warcry - it should be set on your left mouse button
- to lay down both ancestral warchief (vaal if possible) + 2x ancestral protectors
- to engage the fight while full on frenzies whenever possible

- if the fight is pure single target (eg conquerors), you can swap out melee splash for Ruthless for 45% more dmg

The above with a 6L + Impresence + basic 10c pieces (life + resists) is enough to reach 1-1.5M boss DPS, and handle T16s bosses and the highest tier conquerors. Thats what the starter gear POB is about, and what my current gear looks like.

However, you cannot disrespect map modifiers yet at this stage. You should not attempt a T16map with +40% elemental resistances, +40% boss life and hexproof. Read them and reroll if it looks bad. You can also check the various advices I left at the end of the guide.
Last edited by Heinarc on Jan 22, 2021, 11:41:38 AM
After I read the build I was like "dayum I need tro try it". Then I read some posts, checked that for example "4mil shaper dps" seetup gives opnjly like 2.6mil shaper dps (pob community fork), and in general people are complaining about this build pretty hard in terms of late game... Idk if i wanna invest into it now. Any word from the author? Do You still support the build by playing it or u just update it for few leagues from the past by clicking stuff in pob just in theory? also If You need to pop few totems, flasks and buffs to kill any t16 boss its not really a good flicker. I'm not hating or so, buyt after almost 15k hours in PoE i wanna try flicker once more, but this build seems to be... hmm, how to say it... worse than it looks.
I went for an Ascendant version of this build and I feel I am lacking damage, do you think switching to ranger would be a better bet? I am not too sure how much damage the ascendency brings in comparison.
@royc3wicz

2.8M sDPS from flicker, plus 500k from ancestral warchief and 2x600k from ancestral protector. So 4.5M sDPS total, advertized as 4M to take into account real life stuff, which is perfectly reasonable to get on most boss fights with this gear.

If wanted to play the POB warrior, I would have ticked "Vaal ancestral warchief" and replaced Melee Splash by Ruthless on the main link. Which bumps it to 6.3M sDPS. Guess what? I still advertized 4M, coz its more realistic - you will not have infinite vaal charges and wont bother gem swapping when bosses can be facetanked down in a few seconds.

About recent comments about dmg in T16s, yeah sure. I can also predict next week will be comments about mana sustain once half decent gear kicks in. Bottomline is that people were able to reach the highest tiers of maps on the very first week of the league, with virtually no gear, on an attack-based build. And are able to facetank most bosses with 5000k HP, or they wouldnt be complaining about DPS but survability.

I made an effort to keep this guide as realistic and honest as possible. I'm open to questions and criticism, but not on this tone. Thank you.

@stumbler

Nope, ranger ascendancy will not really bring more DPS to the table, only survability with the 95% evade and great movespeed. I can not support all variants in this thread to keep it specific, but you'll find an impressive clip + gear from Pirate_Yar in p45 of this thread, using a Berserker/Inquisitor ascendant. Probably around 30M real life shaper DPS by the look of it :D
Last edited by Heinarc on Jan 22, 2021, 2:07:25 PM
Really enjoying the build so far. Every time I've felt weak the farming speed helps me get a big upgrade.

I'm deciding right now on a next upgrade after getting +1 strike gloves and inspired learning(good tip btw, it's nuts in the rituals).

Is there a trick to coloring dex bases for these links? I haven't played in a few leagues and the cost of getting a dex base to even have 4 reds seems insane to me.
IGN: @TruthBeyondTheGate
"
Is there a trick to coloring dex bases for these links? I haven't played in a few leagues and the cost of getting a dex base to even have 4 reds seems insane to me.

I think the reasonable decision at this stage is to settle down for a STR/DEX base, which would be considerably easier to color.

But assuming you want to get 5R - 1B for your totem setup on a pure dex base (6 offcolors, let's go :D), here's how I will personnaly proceed :

- benchcraft 3red for 125 chromes to start with
- spam "1R 1B" harvest craft on it until you get 4R - 2B. Inexpensive, but likely to take a while.
- finish it with "one non-red to red" Harvest craft. Might require to buy it if you do not find it yourself.

You can also throw Vorici's 1-3 white socket on it a some point and hope for the best.
Last edited by Heinarc on Jan 22, 2021, 4:38:47 PM
Hi where are you getting strength stats? I see that you don't have any on your equipment but you still have enough to have a max level vaal ancestral warchief? I've taken all the strength nodes on the tree but I only have like 130~ strength?
what is the best annointment for this build? i see a lot of people annoint smashing strike?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info