[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

Decided to play this build on console, and after playing so many different builds this has got to be one of the best levelling experiences I have had.
Took a bit to get used to how to play it too which is perhaps where some are having issues... however once you get into the mindset of pre loading your brands then spamming recall with the occasional brand top up here and there and you pretty much just dash through the maps.
Insta phasing bosses and even activating delirium along the way doesn't slow you down. Most other builds have timed out on delirium 3/4 through the map, however hardly ever happens with this.

Also so smooth on the lab runs, running into traps barely touches you.

The only mana juggling I have to do is at the start to get brands going, then when you get hit and that's it.

Finally near the end of the campaign so can start mapping with it, and even though more expensive on console (Ivory Tower with just 1 gem slot was 1 ex!) I've got the gear together now for the 1ex version, with enough change left over to push the 7ex version hopefully sooner rather than later.

Massive thank you for this build and introducing a new style of gameplay albeit even if it will be nerfed next patch.
Last edited by The_Doser on Apr 11, 2020, 12:31:15 PM
"
Rakio wrote:
"
vitasnsk16 wrote:
Great build. I made sirus a6 and delirium from 20 waves. But I would like more protection Thx :)

How do you manage Sirus?
Just meet him first time at AL5 and got wiped as soon as he sees me more or less. Not using arcane cloak to preserve mana as well...

Sirus fight has a lot more to do with understanding the fight than which build you use (assuming the build isn't melee). I've done several A8 awakeners deathless and will include them in the next vid. The biggest headache for me is not being stun immune and getting clipped with a "die" laser beam. A properly timed Kiara's Determination flask could help tremendously there until you can afford skyforths.
"
The_Doser wrote:
Decided to play this build on console, and after playing so many different builds this has got to be one of the best levelling experiences I have had.
Took a bit to get used to how to play it too which is perhaps where some are having issues... however once you get into the mindset of pre loading your brands then spamming recall with the occasional brand top up here and there and you pretty much just dash through the maps.
Insta phasing bosses and even activating delirium along the way doesn't slow you down. Most other builds have timed out on delirium 3/4 through the map, however hardly ever happens with this.

Also so smooth on the lab runs, running into traps barely touches you.

The only mana juggling I have to do is at the start to get brands going, then when you get hit and that's it.

Finally near the end of the campaign so can start mapping with it, and even though more expensive on console (Ivory Tower with just 1 gem slot was 1 ex!) I've got the gear together now for the 1ex version, with enough change left over to push the 7ex version hopefully sooner rather than later.

Massive thank you for this build and introducing a new style of gameplay albeit even if it will be nerfed next patch.

I'm glad you enjoy the build, especially a console which I hear can be tough. As far as nerfing goes, they will have to make Archmage not support brand in order to gut this play style. Even cutting Archmage in half would produce a top-tier end game viable build.
Trying out the gear pre respec and I cant seem to use all three auras of the shield as I come up to 103% reserved. I cant seem to find a node or item that further reduces this that is picked in your build. I know about Sovereignity but that aint in this build's tree. What am I missing?
"
Edric wrote:
Trying out the gear pre respec and I cant seem to use all three auras of the shield as I come up to 103% reserved. I cant seem to find a node or item that further reduces this that is picked in your build. I know about Sovereignity but that aint in this build's tree. What am I missing?

Ascendancy points. Divine Guidance.
I took mana reservation nodes before I got that.
"
Edric wrote:

Sanctuary of thought gives reservation reduction. If you are choosing not to use that ascendancy node then I would pick up the node Southwest of Chaos inoculation. It will give you what you need for one skill point.
Thanks for the quick replies :)

Started trying it out and kind of like it. A bit different playstyle and I died a lot (should have hit 91 before respeccing...).

Bought a 6-link and have a white socket in there. Have anyone tried putting Chain support in there for faster clear?
"
Edric wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies :)

Started trying it out and kind of like it. A bit different playstyle and I died a lot (should have hit 91 before respeccing...).

Bought a 6-link and have a white socket in there. Have anyone tried putting Chain support in there for faster clear?

Chain support is about half as effective as adding an additional brand (which you could do by anointing explosive runes. Awakened chain support closes this gap slightly. Ideally, you would use both awakened chain and a 6th+ brand. But that's well outside of the budget constraints of this build.
Looking to try out this build soon, do you have a version with cluster jewels?
Brand loyalty, Grand design, Storm drinker, disorienting display, some other lightning elemental notables look interesting.
Also some crit cluster jewels could boost damage a lot?
Is it really worth it to go all-in on Crit instead of Elemental Overload? It seems like EO would free up a lot of points to either improve defenses or invest in cluster jewels for more consistent damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info