3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

"
Vendetta wrote:
Would really appreciate if someone took the time to get me on the right track here.


https://ibb.co/bLQjrGc


My POB shows -2 million minion dps compared to the original poster...Am I not checking something in POB or is it something I do.


My guess is your cluster jewels currently aren't active in your PoB.

You have to manually allocates points to your cluster jewels for them to show up. Currently they don't automatically enable if you update PoB from profile.
"
skyscan wrote:
Why would we link it to our main setup? We just want the global buff it provides, as it no longer gives a more multi. Utility golems can do that for us without losing a support gem in our main setup.

never said feeding frenzy was in the main golems links, just that the feeding frenzy buff is too good for the main golems to drop it on the chaos golem for empower.
"
cradzilla wrote:
"
skyscan wrote:
Why would we link it to our main setup? We just want the global buff it provides, as it no longer gives a more multi. Utility golems can do that for us without losing a support gem in our main setup.

never said feeding frenzy was in the main golems links, just that the feeding frenzy buff is too good for the main golems to drop it on the chaos golem for empower.

You'd drop minion life for empower.

Chaos - Lighting - Feeding Frenzy - {Empower : Minion Life}
"
scrambled777 wrote:
"
Vendetta wrote:
Would really appreciate if someone took the time to get me on the right track here.


https://ibb.co/bLQjrGc


My POB shows -2 million minion dps compared to the original poster...Am I not checking something in POB or is it something I do.


My guess is your cluster jewels currently aren't active in your PoB.

You have to manually allocates points to your cluster jewels for them to show up. Currently they don't automatically enable if you update PoB from profile.


Yeah that was pretty much it. In my current gear with jewels in, I have 1.12 CD and 237k - 334k . Guess I need to work on 20/20.
Just to make sure I understand optimal Stone Golem attack speed:

On PoB, select Stone Golem as main skill and choose slam as its attack. PoB will show the SG's attack/cast rate, as well as its skill cooldown. As long as 1 divided by attack/cast rate multiplied by 3 (or 4 if using awakened multistrike) is ever so slightly greater than the skill cooldown, then the attack speed is optimal.

Is my understand correct?
"
phirefor wrote:
Just to make sure I understand optimal Stone Golem attack speed:

On PoB, select Stone Golem as main skill and choose slam as its attack. PoB will show the SG's attack/cast rate, as well as its skill cooldown. As long as 1 divided by attack/cast rate multiplied by 3 (or 4 if using awakened multistrike) is ever so slightly greater than the skill cooldown, then the attack speed is optimal.

Is my understand correct?


Yup exactly, that's a better way of wording it than what I put in the guide. Mind if I quote you for guide?
"
phirefor wrote:
Just to make sure I understand optimal Stone Golem attack speed:

On PoB, select Stone Golem as main skill and choose slam as its attack. PoB will show the SG's attack/cast rate, as well as its skill cooldown. As long as 1 divided by attack/cast rate multiplied by 3 (or 4 if using awakened multistrike) is ever so slightly greater than the skill cooldown, then the attack speed is optimal.

Is my understand correct?


Yes, that is completely correct. The closer you get that attack time to the cooldown, the more optimal it will be, but if you go too far and have faster attack time than cooldown, DPS will drop due to minion AI no longer spamming slam.

The only thing you missed in your summary is if you are using Ravenous Horde, the minion onslaught must be added in manually to your PoB as there is no support for it. Just a simple 20% increased minion attack speed somewhere in your PoB will suffice in simulating the effects of onslaught buff.
How did you get that POB damage from your image? I only see 550801 and not 2 million.
So I just did some footwork on Flesh and Stone. The "nearby" radius for maim is roughly the 1/3 part of the screen (in 1920x1080). This means we need to stay quite close to the enemies to have any effect of it at all. This made me think to use it in Sand stance instead (for added defense) or to use another aura supported by generosity to further buff the golems (Precision maybe?).

After that I tried to check the definition of nearby on Pride to be sure its not useless the same way, but I didnt find anything about it. Does anyone know the exact unit value for the distance on Pride? The whole wording and mechanic seems like a melee support aura for me (with probably a small range)...

Edit: Just found out that the base range of the auras (including Pride) is 36 unit. This is slightly more than 40% of the screen (in 1920x1080). Luckily the gem quality on Pride helps a lot as it increases the range. I decided to try out to ditch Flesh and Stone (and Maim Support) and instead make a 4 link with Dread Banner + Generosity + Increased Area + Pride. Generosity doesnt effect Pride, but Increased Area effects both Pride and the banner. The mana reservation is 84% this way (instead of 85). I will use the extra gem slot for Second Wind probably (for Flame Dash).
Last edited by Fenris1970 on Apr 9, 2020, 6:54:32 AM
What do you think of flame dash this league btw?

It killed me a few times because it was locked on a mob (2 death from the first maze of Sirus, dashed on him => instadeath because this one is quite quick)

I'm really thinking of switching to a physical movement skill that can proc confluxes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info