[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

"
peterpanik90 wrote:
"
N0esy wrote:

4. -9 lightning res on helmet. There are only 2 suffix lightning mods on crusader helmets: lightning res and -9 to ligtning res. Augmenting lightning on a helm with lightning res and filled prefixes will guarantee the -9 lightning res mod. Thus, slam a crusader orb, remove an influence mod, and augment lightning. You may want to remove/add lightning to make the lightning res mod T1 before you try the crusader slam.

i'm not into crafting that much.
that means i'm taking my helmet, slam crusader orb onto it, after that remove influence mod (harvest?) and then augment lightning (harvest?)

Yes, you are right. Use harvest craft for remove/add. However, before you start the crafting, make sure that your helmet meets the following requirements:
1. Its item level is of 85 or higher.
2. It has 3 prefixes and 2 suffixes, thus has an open suffix (it's not clear from your PoB).
"
N0esy wrote:
"
peterpanik90 wrote:
Yo whats up Boys and Girls
At the moment i'm just a bit unhappy with that build. i'm often dying when some metamorph or other mob is thinking "lets get that dude a clap he never forgets" or i'm dying totally dumb because of [insert dumb reason here]

my pob atm: https://pastebin.com/JSgxam9j

Awakened Curse On Hit is expensive af at the moment.
I do have about 15-20ex laying around. Maybe someone of you could help me improve my char a bit.

1. You have too much aps. Buy new boots with 150+ES and 30%+ MS without tailwind. Then drop +1 to minimum frenzy craft on ring and the channelling cluster jewel. After all of these, your aps will be 7.52.
2. Your megalomaniac is not good, buy one with overlord, or buy a large cluster jewel with overlord.
3. Buy a vaal regalia with 700+ ES. Do NOT enchant it - The only use of body armour enchant I found is tabula for smoother leveling. It's really bad. Choose a vaal regalia with an open suffix so that you can craft strength or dex + quality. This will help you upgrade your belt and ring in the future.
4. -9 lightning res on helmet. There are only 2 suffix lightning mods on crusader helmets: lightning res and -9 to ligtning res. Augmenting lightning on a helm with lightning res and filled prefixes will guarantee the -9 lightning res mod. Thus, slam a crusader orb, remove an influence mod, and augment lightning. You may want to remove/add lightning to make the lightning res mod T1 before you try the crusader slam.
5. Take arcane swiftness for a bit of stun avoidance. I would also try to get stun avoidance implicit on jewels. You can use a channelling cluster jewel for 40% stun avoidance, too.
6. I think your amulet has an open prefix. I'd suggest slamming a crusader orb.
7. It's a very basic tip, but if you play a caster build, always buy a 21/0 gem. 21/0 is much better than 20/20 and it's fairy cheap.

I think he can also craft a belt with "X% increase energy shield" and cdr

and also grab foresight node instead of 4 nodes for Retribution (or arcane will ?)

Also I didn't saw but my militant faith changed the melding node (arcane surge with spell if +150 devotion and nothing for ES), you can maybe change those 4 nodes for foresight.
Well, build sold, time to try something new ;)

I didnt finish this Sceptre, so if anyone is intrested and dont mind rerolling spell crit to crit multi, let me know, we can discuss the price

(all the mods are T1)
Last edited by maciek2g on Jul 25, 2020, 5:54:49 PM
Wondering if I could get some pointers on my build as well? Going to take the previous tip of reducing my attack speed, but anything else helpful would be great.

On 100% delirium maps I'm feeling my dps lacking a bit, and still get one-shots not too uncommonly. Given my gear I feel like I should be doing more damage, so maybe I'm doing something crucial wrong?

https://pastebin.com/hPsN4FKw
Nice guide bro. What do u think about inquisitor? Im thinking about her ascendancy to penetrates defences.
Maybe using mjolnir
"
vegeto079 wrote:
Wondering if I could get some pointers on my build as well? Going to take the previous tip of reducing my attack speed, but anything else helpful would be great.

On 100% delirium maps I'm feeling my dps lacking a bit, and still get one-shots not too uncommonly. Given my gear I feel like I should be doing more damage, so maybe I'm doing something crucial wrong?

If you want more damage, get rid of hueadhunter, use the unique gloves and take increased AoE nodes on the passive tree.
"
GPMassena wrote:
Nice guide bro. What do u think about inquisitor? Im thinking about her ascendancy to penetrates defences.
Maybe using mjolnir

I haven't theorycrafted inquisitor before, but the movement speed buff from the assassin ascendancy is too good to miss.
Last edited by N0esy on Jul 25, 2020, 10:55:36 PM
"
N0esy wrote:
"
vegeto079 wrote:

If you want more damage, get rid of hueadhunter, use the unique gloves and take increased AoE nodes on the passive tree.

Thanks, I went full cdr instead and it is feeling a lot better
https://pastebin.com/wwXQUNtv

Is there much else I can do to mix-max?
I think at least the weapon can be improved a lot. Is there an actual guide to crafting one anywhere? There's the explanation on the first page but not really a step-by-step guide. Seems like none for sale on the market.

Mind if it's not obvious, I'm going a 75% block/spell-block build with regen on block on shield, makes things very tanky:)
Last edited by vegeto079 on Jul 25, 2020, 11:07:59 PM
"
vegeto079 wrote:

I think at least the weapon can be improved a lot. Is there an actual guide to crafting one anywhere? There's the explanation on the first page but not really a step-by-step guide. Seems like none for sale on the market.

I made a rough guide a few pages ago (says page 82 of 85). Basically start with deafening essence of loathing to hit T1 crit on an ilvl 84+ karui sceptre. Then use harvest craft to add attack speed with aug attack or remove non-attack add attack (make sure to craft on +accuracy rating to have best chance to hit attack speed, and fill up prefixes with phys modifiers). If you hit accuracy rating or elemental damage to attacks on essence, scour and reroll (all other mods should be able to work around with harvest).

Then decide if you want to multimod (safe) or go for all T1 mods.

If you multimod, just clear out your useless phys prefixes and try to hit one of the nice lightning mods with aug lightning and add/remove lightning. You can craft on lighting damage to attacks and aug to have a better chance to hit, just make sure suffixes are filled.

If you want to go for all T1 mods then probably put your suffix on first (crit multi or crusader slam something?), and then roll some lightning/caster mods on prefix. I was happy just to hit 1 nice lightning prefix and then multimod, though.
crafted a better shield and if anyone is looking for a decent shield, I've got these 2 sitting around. The 2nd one is more expensive and min-maxed, but the first one is decent to get you started for a while in end game.

PM me if interested here or in game or discord.

IGN: cockadoodle
discord: Nimby#0058

Thanks!

shield #1 :

shield #2:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info