[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

What about use barrage (with wand) instead cyclone?
"
Ithian wrote:
With the Unwavering Stance changing location coming closer to us and Glancing Blows being just a few points away, I feel like they might be worth the point investment. Taking the str travel nodes also opens up more room on our gear.
Would of course need to drop few points worth of damage or energy shield, but there are no perfect solutions so it is what it is.

If you can get it on Skin of the Lords/Loyal it would be possible but it's not worth the pathing to go that far away in the tree IMO. I'd rather spend 3 points than spend 7-12.

"
fotographer wrote:
What about use barrage (with wand) instead cyclone?

Would be a different build, there are a few spellslinger variants but it won't feel as nice/smooth as Ball Lightning.
livejamie
I will play this build until the end of the league.
So how can I get APS 10.1 when CDR reaches 52%?
"
lem0n0716 wrote:

You can get attack speed in various ways: passive tree, jewels, cluster jewels, tailwind, etc. If you want to see what I did last league, go to gear > min-maxing and see the PoB given there. As you can see, you don't need a lot of investment as long as your sceptre has a high base attack rate.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
lem0n0716 wrote:

You can get attack speed in various ways: passive tree, jewels, cluster jewels, tailwind, etc. If you want to see what I did last league, go to gear > min-maxing and see the PoB given there. As you can see, you don't need a lot of investment as long as your sceptre has a high base attack rate.

When I look at Attack per second, it says 9.08. Is my place wrong?
"
lem0n0716 wrote:
"
N0esy wrote:
"
lem0n0716 wrote:

When I look at Attack per second, it says 9.08. Is my place wrong?

Hit the tailwind checkbox?

Edit: I guess the reason is that you are using the original version of PoB and not the fork. If so, you are not accounting for the 15% increased attack speed from the ascendancy (increased attack speed while elusive). Putting 15% increased attack speed on a item (lets say amulet) would give you the correct aps.
Last edited by N0esy on Jun 29, 2020, 5:52:05 AM

I forgot the increased attack speed while elusive. Add 15% and it was ok Thank you!
Alright so I am sitting on my weapon upgrade atm.
I wanted to buy a good sceptre and craft Hits can't be evaded on it but instead I crafted this one myself

My question is: is Spell Damage a Caster modifier so I can reroll it with remove & add caster craft from the garden?
Next step would be the same but with the Lightning Mod to get added Lightning damage to spells.
"
I wanted to buy a good sceptre and craft Hits can't be evaded on it but instead I crafted this one myself

My question is: is Spell Damage a Caster modifier so I can reroll it with remove & add caster craft from the garden?
Next step would be the same but with the Lightning Mod to get added Lightning damage to spells.

Yes, spell damage should be a caster mod. Not sure if it's a good idea to keep going with this sceptre though, because its crit chance is not very high.
You can consider removing the spell damage mod, replacing the lightning mod to something useful (remove/add lightning mod while blocking the empty suffix), and muiltimod hits cant be evaded and spell damage. This is the better way to craft a mid-tier sceptre. When you block the suffix, you can use "cannot roll attack modifiers" to make sure the seed craft hits something useful, but this requires 2 ex.
Last edited by N0esy on Jun 29, 2020, 7:41:56 AM
"
N0esy wrote:
"

Yes, spell damage should be a caster mod. Not sure if it's a good idea to keep going with this sceptre though, because its crit chance is not very high.
You can consider removing the spell damage mod, replacing the lightning mod to something useful (remove/add lightning mod while blocking the empty suffix), and muiltimod hits cant be evaded and spell damage. This is the better way to craft a mid-tier sceptre. When you block the suffix, you can use "cannot roll attack modifiers" to make sure the seed craft hits something useful, but this requires 2 ex.

Thanks for the answer.
I can try getting the remove&add crit craft from t2 seeds. If I manage to get 30+ crit chance on it and remove spell damage, is it worth spending 7ex for crafts on the seceptre? (Multimod + Hits can't be evaded + Spell Damage)?

EDIT: New craft

Change added light dmg to higher added light dmg to spells -> multimod -> Hits can't be evaded -> Spell Damage?
With 17% ias and my current tree setup + onslaught I would reach perfectly 7.55 attackspeed with cyclone
Last edited by Neunzehnhundert93 on Jun 29, 2020, 9:17:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info