[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

"
N0esy wrote:

I would craft ES/armour hybrid mod or elemental resistances (if you need them) and call it a day.

I think your belt is ok, but if you want a better one you can sell it and craft a new one.

Damn, I thought I should multicraft on it to get strength and something else because there are only 2 pre- and suffix on my belt. Just when I thought to understand the game a bit. Thank you!
"
kentishtown wrote:
"

"
Shappening wrote:
Thanks so much for this guide. Can you help me out what to do with the belt I just crafted? I am new to the game and had a prophecy that upgraded my crusader belt to a rare instead of magic, almost shat myself.

I would craft ES/armour hybrid mod or elemental resistances (if you need them) and call it a day.

I think your belt is ok, but if you want a better one you can sell it and craft a new one.

You've got room for an exalt slam too at the end of that. The only reason not to do that is if you want to leave the flexibility to switch between a crafted prefix and suffix later, e.g. if you take on an item with less resists later and want to make up for it by shifting from a crafted prefix to a crafted resist suffix on the belt.

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. I thought he would need a lot of upgrades in the future and that flexibility was important.

"
Shappening wrote:
"
N0esy wrote:

Damn, I thought I should multicraft on it to get strength and something else because there are only 2 pre- and suffix on my belt. Just when I thought to understand the game a bit. Thank you!

Just in case you are unaware, You use multimod when the item has 3 (or fewer) mods. If you craft multimod on a 4-mod item, the item has only 1 open affix left, so there is no point in doing this.
Crafting strength/dex is not a bad idea if you need them btw! But crafted attribute mods are a lot weaker than natural mods, so I try to avoid them whenever possible.
My in-game and PoB dps seem rather low, is there anything glaringly wrong with my build that I need to fix?

My PoB is here: https://pastebin.com/zEQvYnyD
During attempts of crafting I did this sceptre:

Is it any possibility to make it viable for this build? Thought about Prefixes Cannot Be Changed then scouring but I think that this way I can't obtain crit chance, attack speed and hits can't be evaded (multi craft). I am not good at crafting. Due to lack of good sceptres on the market I am using dagger but without fortify I die a lot. Any other way to increase my survivability? Have about 10 ex to spend. Also thought about changing inspiration support to fortify but I think it would be a lot dps loss.
Last edited by Blindwelder on Apr 16, 2020, 5:45:45 AM
I was just informed that ele weakness and conductivity does NOT stack?
"
I was just informed that ele weakness and conductivity does NOT stack?

I was about to buy Awakened CoH, but before I wanted to compare dps in PoB and yep, didnt see any difference with one or two curses enabled.
What will be better to play with inc crit gem (98% crit) or with inspiration (87% crit)?
"

My in-game and PoB dps seem rather low, is there anything glaringly wrong with my build that I need to fix?

My PoB is here: https://pastebin.com/zEQvYnyD

- Chemist's Diamond Flask of Warding/Heat instead of Life Flask
- Amulet with Crit Multi. If too expensive to get ES/%ES/Dex/Multi, then look for something with slightly lower ES rolls
- Then anoint your amulet with Tranquility -- huge DPS increase
- Add elemental damage quality to your Mark of Shaper ring with catalysts
- Find a shield with spell damage. 200 ES + spell damage is prob not too expensive. 300ES + spell damage most def is.
"

Is it any possibility to make it viable for this build? Thought about Prefixes Cannot Be Changed then scouring but I think that this way I can't obtain crit chance, attack speed and hits can't be evaded (multi craft). I am not good at crafting. Due to lack of good sceptres on the market I am using dagger but without fortify I die a lot. Any other way to increase my survivability? Have about 10 ex to spend. Also thought about changing inspiration support to fortify but I think it would be a lot dps loss.

Prefixes Cannot Be Changed + Scour won't help because Hits Can't be Evaded is a
Prefix. You actually need to drop a prefix for that to be crafted.

Honestly I wouldn't craft on this base. You are missing 3 mods -- crit chance, attack speed, hits can't be evaded. Even with a lucky annul, you can only add 2.

You are better off finding a high ilevel Karui Sceptre and spamming shrieking essence of loathing (3-4c each), which guarantees you T2 crit chance.

--

Besides Fortify, a few other ways to make this build more tanky:

1) [Very Expensive] Watchers eye with ES on Hit when on Discipline
2) [Expensive] Vaal Regalia with ES on Kill
3) [Moderate] Shield with ES on Block

I would just save up another ~6ex or so and get the watcher's eye.

Last edited by kentishtown on Apr 16, 2020, 12:05:10 PM
"

I was about to buy Awakened CoH, but before I wanted to compare dps in PoB and yep, didnt see any difference with one or two curses enabled.

Stacks for me in PoB. Also remember that the extra curse only comes on line at level 5 Awakened CoH.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info