[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

"
Jokeysmurf wrote:

Is this worth using to get started or should I keep rolling looking for attack speed and crit?

I think this sceptre is very good for people who are aiming at 7.56 aps. You can use this sceptre until you transition to 10.1 aps. Multimod AS and hits can't be evaded.

"
Erecia wrote:
Is that build good for simulacrum farming ? Or coc ice nova will be better ?

This build is very good at farming simulacrum. I'm at level 99 and simulacrum is a very good source of exp. That said, this build is not the best build for simulacrum farming, as I sometimes end up having only 5-rank rewards. Ice storm builds, for example, can consistently get 6-rank rewards, so they perform better than this bulid.
I'm not sure about ice nova builds, but in general, ball lightning deals more damage, so I would expect this build is better than ice nova in simulacrum.
Just swapped over to this build. Really great guide and build and love the quick responses Noesy.

It's so solid it broke simulacrum. Deathless to the end running simul at lvl 89, 20th level had dual boss, then a phantom mob I could not damage. So good. My screen shook so much I couldn't even tell what was happening.

But seriously, agreed that it is not necessarily the best simulacrum runner. My Freezing Pulse totems more consistently hits the 6 tier reward. I think I only hit it once with this build in my 1 test run. But this build basically is immortal and FP totems is decidedly...not.

I suspect CoC Ice Nova is slightly better because they often run an explodey-chest + have secondary frostbolts that travel fairly quickly and widely. The issue I saw in my run is that there are a lot of stragglers left over as you cyclone around and you don't generate enough slow-moving balls to spread around enough.

---
Here's my gear that gets me to 10.1 APS. A good deal less (~35% less) DPS than Noesy's min/max, a bit more spell block from shield, watcher's eye, and eventually Mystic Bulwark -- I don't have his crafting skillz. :)

Last edited by kentishtown on Apr 14, 2020, 3:47:17 AM
Just updated my POB with the latest gear changes. Spent around 20 ex to get the cluster jewels + awakened curse on hit. However, it shows my ball lightning as 135k average hit but yours is 215k. Any idea what I should improve to get it up there? And not to mention you have 2k more ES than me (10.4k vs 8.8k).. I haven't found a jewel with good +fire damage to attacks yet, but according to POB that only increases my dmg by around 2%, so it's not super high priority for me right now.

So overall i got 135k average hit + 83% crit on cyclone + 6.66 aps on cyclone (without any flasks)

https://pastebin.com/9P9imCtA
"
Just updated my POB with the latest gear changes. Spent around 20 ex to get the cluster jewels + awakened curse on hit. However, it shows my ball lightning as 135k average hit but yours is 215k. Any idea what I should improve to get it up there? And not to mention you have 2k more ES than me (10.4k vs 8.8k).. I haven't found a jewel with good +fire damage to attacks yet, but according to POB that only increases my dmg by around 2%, so it's not super high priority for me right now.

Hmm my guess is T1 Spell/Lightning Dmg on the shield, Bottled Faith, and Lvl 5 Awakened Lightning Damage are the biggest differences.
Last edited by kentishtown on Apr 14, 2020, 1:33:49 AM
"
kentishtown wrote:
"

Hmm my guess is T1 Spell/Lightning Dmg on the shield, Bottled Faith, and Lvl 5 Awakened Lightning Damage are the biggest differences.

Lvl 5 awakened lightning will give me 10k extra dmg, and I'm really close to it. Bottle Faith shouldn't be it as I disabled flasks when comparing as I just want to compare stats without flasks coming into play.

I tried copying over his shield but that only gives me 10k extra. So combined level 5 awakened + shield gives me about 20k, which means I'm still 60k short. Can the rest be the result of the weapon/amulet giving + level to lightning gems?
Last edited by Wobbly on Apr 14, 2020, 1:57:07 AM
It's all the things adding up that make up the difference.

- Lightning damage on shield
- +1 Lightning Skill Gems on amulet
- +1 Lightning Skill Gems on sceptre
- Arcane Surge from Watcher's Eye (he's got it enabled in his skill list)
- Level 21 Zealotry vs. your level 20
- Level 5 Awakened Cold vs. your level 4
- +1 Minimum Frenzy Charges on shield (adds APS towards his 10.1, but also DPS)
- +1 Minimum Frenzy Charges on ring (adds APS towards his 10.1, but also DPS)
- Awakened COC vs. your COC (adds APS towards his 10.1, but also DPS)
- A little more out of his Transfiguration of Soul b/c he has higher ES

Making all those edits gets you around 200-210k when I edit your PoB.

That gets him the higher average hit, and then he also has 10.1 APS vs. 7.4, which is another 35% boost in single target DPS on top.
Last edited by kentishtown on Apr 14, 2020, 3:48:00 AM
What else could I do with the boots?
Spamming an Exalt or an Hunter Exalt? or are the boots not worth it. What is your opinion about the boots?
I write from my mobile phone so I can't put a screenshot in it, please check the profile.
After doing 5-6 more simulacrums, with an avg PoB hit of ~135k (flasks turned off) and ~205k (flasks turned on) (similar dps to Wobbly!), I can only average ~5 reward tiers. Maybe hit the 6th once per simulacrum, if that.

So I'm guessing Noesy's 60% higher DPS enables him to hit the 6th reward tier more consistently...

Last edited by kentishtown on Apr 14, 2020, 3:43:07 AM
Is crit for spells on the shield worth anything on this build?
Does explode mod on chest help with clearspeed for this build?
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info